Fall TV Preview

Castle Season 8 Photos: Kudos (and Canoodling) for the New Captain

The 12th precinct’s recently installed captain gets a warm “welcome” in these first photos from the second episode of Castle Season 8.

As previously reported (and discussed in our Fall Preview Q&A), the season opener is a two-parter, the first of which is told from Rick’s POV, after Kate mysteriously goes missing.

Part 2, titled “XX,” airs Monday, Sept. 28 and relates the unfortunate series of events from Beckett’s side of things, filling in the blanks and uncorking some startling reveals along the way.

“XX” would seem to have a happy ending, though, based on one especially cozy clinch ‘tween husband and wife…. Check out the fresh photos here:

1. Brad says:

Yup does feel like the ending scenes to 8×02 castles trying to stop her from shooting someone then then that person gets away then the kiss

2. Blurgh says:

I wouldn’t mind another really romantic scene this season like the one at the end of “Always.”

This may be an unpopular point of view, but I hope they make a Casket baby! Making their baby can be the romantic and sexy scene.

I believe that that writers and producers of this show know how to keep things interesting even with marriage and a baby. A lot of shows get boring once the love interests get married and have kids, but I don’t think Castle will.

Whatever happens this season, from these photos, it looks like it will be exciting!

• Patrick says:

Stana just got married, so they may have a real life pregnancy to work around. I wondered if her move to the captaincy would give her the cover to not go in the field as much, which a pregnancy would necessitate.

• Just one thing says:

Every time someone posts a comment like that here I literally cringe. It’s innocent speculation, and I know fans mean no disrespect, but it feels so… incredibly weird.

• lkh says:

I’ve thought, only briefly that she might be pregnant in real life. Like Scandal and other shows women hide behind chairs, big coats, and desks. But, I only think of this briefly and then I move quickly on hoping for a no.

3. damian vargas says:

Castle posts are my fave because the comment sections are always so insane. NCIS posts come a close second.

4. DarkDefender says:

Great pictures.. Looks like a happy and healthy cast. Just what I like to see. :D

5. lkh says:

Photo # 11 Getting the Always bracelet which later is found all bloody. hmmm

6. Missy says:

Looks Amazing! :D

7. liame says:

She looks pregnant. I know she recently got married, so is there a bun in the oven for season 8?

8. Kim says:

#4days! #caskettalways

9. Kelly Feige says:

Castle,
    You and Beckett could be together forever and together.
    From,