Exclusive

Zoo Finale Sneak Peek: It's Raining (Evil) Cats and Dogs... and Baboons!

Jackson Oz will be wishing he could click his heels three times and get back home, as seen in this sneak peek from the season finale of CBS’ Zoo.

In Tuesday’s episode, “That Great Bill Hill of Hope” (airing at 9/8c), Jackson (played by James Wolk) and the team — who last were seen on an “escape” plane that got detoured by (hmm) “irregular migration patterns” — make one final attempt to disseminate a cure to the worldwide wild animal pandemic, but hit an obstacle that may be impenetrable.

In the clip above, Jackson is apparently out on his own, late at night, when he crosses paths with not one or two but three different sorts of “defiant pupiled” critters. Maybe he’s just having a very bad dream…? (And when I say “bad” I mean “on par with what his real life has been for the previous 12 episodes.”)

How have you been enjoying CBS’ summertime trip to the Zoo

1. I hope he fails so there’s a second season. Hope he succeeds if there won’t be one.

2. kirads09 says:

While the premise is belief factor stretching, it has been a good summer series. I really like the cast – especially our “surley professor” Billy Burke. I’ve enjoyed it enough to return for a S2 if there is one.

3. Kate says:

I have to lend credence to your dream theory (like he could be unconscious after the plane crash) basically because like the whole season, Abraham didn’t leave his side, but after what happened in Zambia, I don’t see Chloe leaving him alone. Plus, they seemed to be acknowledging he was still recovering from surgery last week.

4. Sarah says:

I know that this series is out there and silly and has required a real stretch of the imagination, but I have really enjoyed it. I love James Wolk, and I REALLY love Billy Burke. I will watch him in anything. Plus count me as a new Nonso Anozie fan. The premise of animals turning on humans, figuring out they could take us all out-if only they worked together!-is seriously entertaining. And terrifying. Great summer series.

• sarahliz says:

I’m with you on Billy Burke. I was heartbroken when they cancelled Revolution so to have him back on TV is thrilling, no matter how silly the premise. And now David Lyons is getting a new show too! Very exciting!

• Roxanna Edwards says:

I totally agree with you about Nonso Anozie. He is an awesome actor. And the idea of all animals turning on humans IS terrifying. Alfred Hitchcock would have loved this. It is a possible answer to why his “Birds” began to attack. Maybe they, too, had the Defiant Pupil. 😉

5. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

This is a good show and I really like it……so there better a S2 next summer!

6. smartysenior says:

Yep, I’ve got baboons running all over my neighborhood, don’t you? I adored this show as a summer special but not sure I’d follow it much further. Enough is sometimes just perfectly enough.

7. Maria says:

If this is the only season, I’m sure gonna miss that gorgeous face.

8. RS says:

That is one conveniently placed piece of furniture (also convenient it wasn’t too heavy to move). I have to love how ridiculous this show is.

9. jenny says:

Dragged a little in the middle…..always a little struggle to connect if you’ve read the book (I did), but overall fun. Although wish it was a one season show…..and hope it doesn’t end up like The Dome….which tanked by the 3rd summer.

10. Ann says:

Any word on the fate of this show? I hope it gets a second season

11. Joey Padron says:

Good clip from season finale. Hope there will be a season 2!

12. Ann allen says:

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Zoo series,and would like a 2nd season to find out if and how a cure would be administered.

13. Ed sheridan says:

I have watched all episodes. It found that it was hard to follow and that there were gaps which could not be

14. Rah says:

I hope they (CBS) doesn’t pull a TERA NOVA and cancel a good show before it really gets the ending it deserves, keep it going!

15. Sheila says:

i absolutely loved Zoo, I knew it was only a mini series but became hooked. The finale was awful. Why leave us hanging when there will be no more. I love the characters and the story line too and am just crushed at the easy it went off.

16. Roxanna Edwards says:

I looked forward to watching Zoo each week. It was better than reality TV. Yes, it is far fetched, but, that is why I watch TV, to escape reality. Real life is too real most of the time. A good escape show is a great way to stay-cation in the summer. I do so hope that it will be back next summer. Like a good book, I would hate for it to end.

17. booboo says:

Hi I luvvvv Zoo hope it comes back for a second season

18. Karen says:

Love the show…typical James Patterson…always keeps you guessing. Please, please return for season 2.