Exclusive

Naked and Afraid Return Date Set — Plus: Watch a Really Gross Clip

There’s nothing to fear but fear itself, nudity and gross, larvae-like appetizers.

It’s in that spirit that we not only present you with a return date for Naked and Afraid, but an exclusive first look at Season 3B that is best viewed on an empty stomach.

The Discovery Channel’s reality hit will resume its third season on Sunday, Oct. 4 at 10/9c — and with a new twist: Whereas in the past survivalists have had to endure everything from the heat and dryness of Madagascar to the soaking wet rain forests of Thailand. This season, the “contestants” will be stranded all over the world, from Panama to Thailand, Namibia to Belize.

And they will be forced to feast on assorted wildlife, including worm creatures known as grubs. And sometimes they get excited about it. As in the clip above from the new season. Again, probably not best to watch immediately following a meal.

1. Linda says:

Love your show

2. I love the show and can’t wait for it to return! But am not understanding what the new “twist” is supposed to be? Is it just that there are going to be more different locations? What am I missing? Either way, I’m so excited for it’s return! Wish it could be on every week, all year round!

3. Melora says:

This show is so much more interesting than Survivor! LOVE IT!

4. JEF says:

I like the show the way it is and I don’t get what is new about this season.

5. Roujos says:

Ditto everyone else…it sounds like this season is exactly the same (which isn’t a bad thing).

6. Robin says:

I think I’d be feeling just about like her about eating a big fat grub. Just getting so excited about the new season beginning in just a few weeks! Naked and Afraid is my favorite show!!!

7. blisterpeanuts says:

Of course you should eat it. If you find 10 grubs, you should eat 10 grubs. Unless you discover a 20-lb bag of beef jerky “just lying around”, or are able to kill a game animal, you have little choice.

8. Leonid Fainberg says:

Wish I could join

9. Gary says:

I sharpened Andreas kukri machete for the show, hope she enjoyed it because the edge was hammered before I got too it! : )

10. Leonid Fainberg says:

This is the most inspirational reality TV show which I ever saw. Whish the guys and girls in the jungle a great success. Whish I were there.

11. leonid says:

It’s impossible to watch it and not to want to be on this show

12. Jessica says:

Why did Naked and Afraid disappear from Sunday night? It’s not on any night on any channel. Why? I miss watching it and was excited for the new season. Please let me know what happened to the show and if it’ll be returning.

13. Jessica,

I’m wondering with you. I only seen 2-3 episodes in the new season then it disappeared.

I look forward to seeing it every Sunday night. It’s like my guilty pleasure to end the weekend while snuggling with my husband.

I’ve never loved a show so much. Please bring it back!

• Rob says:

My wife thinks it was pulled because there was some hanky pinky on the last episode. It is not even on the Discovery schedule . We liked the show .

14. Christine O'Sullivan says:

This show has provided me with the Naked and Afraid diet, where I eat nothing until I stumble into Whole Foods where I allow myself anything in the salad bar. And that’s it for the day. And you should call yourself lucky. Definitely helped to drop a few pounds, maybe sneak some berries.uuu

15. Jean Weaver says:

Is there a 2016 date set yet for a return of the show?

16. Mizzo says:

naked & afraid Is ok but could be a lot better.
    The consistent swamp episodes with zillions of bugs and snakes stink. No American would be naked in Africa or South America (afraid, yes). I’m not sure what’s worse: watching a fat vegan sitting in the shade trying to wait out 21 days or watching a talented survivalist get eaten alive by mosquitos all night in the pouring rain- while the girl records in night vision, crying.

It’d be cool to see someone thrive and not want to leave!
    Try the Yukon or Alaska during the summer…I must admit- the guy that killed rats with dead falls was the best episode ever, but I’d love to see him or other contestants thriving a bit instead of looking like a POW after 21 days. Drop a deer and build a real shelter like Matt graham …Dual survival was great. I like Grady and Bill but they don’t hold a candle to Cody, Dave, Teti and Matt…Matt graham kicks ass…he’s ver

You have a guy who’s a great hunter but you have him eating bugs.