Exclusive
Blindspot NBC

Blindspot Video: Jaimie Alexander Reveals How She Gets Inked

After Jaimie Alexander‘s time on Blindspot comes to an end, something tells us she’ll never want to set foot in a tattoo parlor again.

Fortunately for the star of NBC’s freshman drama — in which Alexander’s Jane Doe emerges from a body bag in Times Square, covered in tattoos that help the FBI solve mysteries — no needles are involved in getting the actress inked up.

In TVLine’s exclusive video below, Alexander (along with tattoo designer Christien Tinsley and EP Greg Berlanti) discusses the multi-hour process and countless press-on tattoos that bring Jane Doe to life.

Blindspot premieres Monday, Sept. 21, at 10/9c. Press PLAY on the video below for a behind-the-scenes look at Alexander’s ink, then hit the comments with your thoughts!

1. Mr. Tran K says:

So excited that Blindspot is premiering next Monday and I hope people will be hooked to watch it. Jaimie Alexander is destined to be one of breakout stars this TV season. BTW, the tattoos freaks me out.

2. Kate says:

I just keep remembering how annoying they found the fake tattoos to deal with on Prison Break that they kept Michael in long sleeves in Panama to avoid dealing with them and then “removed” them in Season 4. Or like on Arrow, I heard it takes four hours to put Oliver’s post island scars and tattoos on its more of the reason there aren’t quite as many shirtless scenes as you would think. Or heck, with whatever they are doing with Alex’s on Dominion, I just wonder how long they will carry this on for. I almost think taking a page from Alex’s that maybe they discover a bit of technology about them and that they disappear. Its not super clear on Dominion but after they were attacked, they seemed to fade a bit and will change, but those are divine or something.

• canadian ninja says:

They would LOVE to have to worry about how to keep this up for four years. Like seriously, it’s a network (sort of) tv drama. If it lasts to a second season it’s like it won the freaking lottery.

3. DL says:

What makes me have hope for this show is that the EP is promising answers in an acceptable timeframe. Whereas The Blacklist is going into season 3 and still has barely addressed the basic mystery of the show. If Blindspot can manage to a strike the right balance of satisfying reveals and then new mysteries that follow, this could be a great show.

4. Heathers says:

This show, just like all of NBC’s newer shows sounds so effin stupid. I’m going to start bets on how soon before it’s cancelled. I bet 6 episodes.

5. Nunaya_Bidness says:

All I could think when I heard about this show was that Jaimie Alexander was finally getting the Kyle XY plot. The only difference (so far) is that she has tattoos instead of the missing belly button. I’ll give it the usual three episode chance.

6. Darren says:

Would love to watch the video… but it’s apparently not available in Canada… thanks.

7. barb says:

ok last,,thing,,would all you guys shave!! you look like bumbs,,thank you,,