Fall TV Preview

Vampire Diaries Season 7 Trailer: Steroline Gets Steamy as 'Supernatural Terrorists' Invade Mystic Falls

“About how long do we have before this evil engulfs the world?” Damon asks in the first official trailer for The Vampire Diaries‘ upcoming seventh season. “Just trying to plan my week.”

Enjoyable though it may be, Damon’s snark is pretty much the only familiar thing to be found in the trailer, which offers our first glimpse at a hellish, Heretic-run Mystic Falls. In fact, I think Caroline referring to Lily’s crew as “supernatural terrorists” pretty much says it all.

But this is The Vampire Diaries we’re talking about, so even as their city crumbles around them, our favorites will still find time for romance. (Don’t even pretend like the sight of Stefan and Caroline at 0:37 doesn’t fill you with glee.)

For fans worried that a post-Elena TVD might not live up to the standards set by the past six seasons, this trailer should provide plenty of hope: Even in its ripe old age, this show is as badass as it’s ever been.

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment below: What are you most excited to see in Season 7?

1. Fannie says:

The new season looks promising!! Action and fianlly vampires doing what they do not all the soap opera crap stories that was done in the last season. I miss Kai though

2. Alisha says:

The promo looks really good and seems to promise a lot of action that was frankly lost in all the “epic love” stuff in the past couple of seasons. Im glad Damon isnt moping, even more glad that Stefan & Caroline are kissing. And I, for one dint really care that Elena wasnt in it.
    I hope the season lives up to it!

• Raven says:

Lol, of course you are glad Stefan and Caroline are kissing #obvious Delena Lol Face it, Delena is the reason the ratings hit rock bottom. Stelena is what kept viewers and ratings in the millions. People saying they are former Stelenas but like Caroline with Stefan are Delenas. Now do not lie you know you are. Lol Well, actually a couple of things factored into the crash, decline of what was once the hottest show on TV. First, the terrible writing by Julie Plec and her side kick Caroline Dries. For anyone who has heard them talk, they have made it very clear they have an uncomfortable crush, big crush on Ian and gave the impression they were writing there own creepy love story imagining themselves in the Nina part. (very uncomfortable) Secondly, Caroline Dries has said in interviews she did not know how to write for the Stefan character. Lol, why is she still writing for the show. wake up cw! If you watch her when the rest of the cast is there she just looks stupid and it is obvious the rest of the cast have zero respect for her. After all, everyone except Ian have had very small scenes. They really should cancel the show. Then again it would take a miracle to see this show even finish this season. People who commented this is the Dulena and Damon show that ruined this show is pretty correct. Agree with that

• Alisha says:

Oh honey.. Ok.. you know whats incredibly sad about your rant? is that it has nothing to do with my comment.. I dont care about your delena vs stelena bs.. I literally said that I dint care whether Elena was in the promo.. I doubt thats what an “#obvious Delena” would say. I like Steroline & I dont need to justify why. definitely not to you.
        As for ratings, it never had anything to do with ships. the storyline was just better. & if you think Delena wasnt happening the entire time Stelena were together, you’re just plain delusional. And as amazing as Stefan & Elena were together, Elena doesnt deserve Stefan anymore. He needs to be with someone who isnt an apathetic, raging bitch :)

• Raven says:

Lol, for someone who says she doesn’t need to justify, Lol. You certainly went on and on. I forgot how upset you Delenas get when anyone says anything about Delena. Still, you guys now have to admit your ship was the downfall of what used to be a hot show TV.

• Alisha says:

Nope.. I dont think Steroline was the downfall of the show..

• Raven says:

@Alisha, oh I get what you are saying. This season will likely be the last, so instead of stating the obvious. You know Delena brought this show to an all time low, people stopped watching over two and a half seasons ago. The Plec, Dries duo will say Caroline and Stefan was the reason. Good thinking.

• me says:

I hate getting involved in random online rants like these but I just have to disagree. Ya, the show isn’t as great as it used to be (I’ve actually stopped watching about 2 seasons ago…I just like to keep up to date in case I ever want to catch up lol), but shows are bound to decline over the years, its just the natural progression of things. But your argument that its specifically because Damon and Elena got together, I would have to disagree. I think the show may have better back when Stefan and Elena were together was because there was always the “forbidden love” growing between Elena and Damon and that was what was so compelling to watch (in addition to really well written storylines outside of the romance). And even when Damon and Elena got together, the quality of the show was still great for a little bit with Klaus compelling Stefan, etc… The romance is a key portion of the show but really the overall quality lies in what ELSE is going on with these characters. They’re freaking vampires, they can’t just keep crying over their boyfriends all day…

So what I think caused this “decline” is just the storylines aren’t as well written. Like you can’t go from the big bad being the original vampires in the history of the universe (which was a great storyline) to now their mother? or whatever these heretics are….I don’t know, the show played with very high stakes, and it just seems like now the big bads they’re fighting aren’t as significant.

• Kendra says:

Yes I agree with you that actually putting dullena together did bring down ratings because it wasn’t a well written storyline but overall after season 3 (which coincidentally KW left and Julie concentrated on her new show TO) none of the storylines were well written. IMO I don’t think that dullena were suppose to stay together, get together and break SE up yes… but ultimately it was suppose to circle back to SE….this is going by all the interviews that the creators and ex prod said and by the storyline even the actors themselves have said things. The thing that changed it was the popularity of Ian and ultimately the dating of Ian/Nina.

3. ZIa says:

The promo looks fun.. I dint realizing how much I had been missing crazy, violent stuff on TVD. But the promo has me psyched! Steroline making out has me even more psyched.. Here’s hoping for an amazing season 7!

4. spindae2 says:

Really amazing trailer, so much action but wrappes with a feeling of familliar. Mastermind Stefan should be fun if he goes into full destruction mode.

PS. Also I hope thsi shuts up all the fans that said the show is nothing without Elena. Cheerish her legacy guys, cause yes she will be missed but doesn’t mean the show can’t survive without her.

• Mariah says:

“Mastermind Stefan should be fun…..” Anything Stefan will be fun. I felt they haven’t been using Stefan/Paul in the main plot anymore so I’m sooo happy he’s back in action again…..really the whole gang because this is what TVD should be about.

5. Diva says:

It’s the same promo, but with a different title… fraud

6. Magali says:

I won’t miss Elena but I Will miss Kai

7. Marlene says:

The trailer has renewed by interest in VD again. I cannot wait to see all the violent, crazy action that is to come. I hope I get to see Bamon’s friendship. Also, I feel as though Bonnie and Enzo are about to be a thing. Just a feeling… I do not know how to feel, but if they go that route make him earn and respect Bonnie. Someone said that they will miss Kai and I will too ;)

8. Fernanda says:

The final season

9. chadcronin says:

They tried to save the relationship but Stefan wasn’t that into her before and I don’t think it’s a good match at all. Everyone on a show doesn’t need to date each other.

10. Oakrock says:

I’m looking forward to a crazy love hate relationship between Caroline and Stefan and a brooding Damon. It’s a great show with multifaceted characters.

I am missing Nina Dobrev. I’d like to see someone write a series for her called A Network of Women. The series would show the issues and evolution of the 20 something female. Nina is very watchable and seems to have a large network of friends. It would be an interesting non-documentary type show based loosely on their lives and stories.

11. Ramesh says:

omantel service cofirmation sms shortly enjoy using my of using of

12. Gangaredi says:

blog to blogs on my new

13. sana says:

block to blocked in my life on

14. Ahmed says:

block to blocked in my on