American Horror Story: Hotel Trailer: Lady Gaga & More Residents Revealed

From the looks of American Horror Story: Hotel‘s first trailer, the FX drama’s titular locale is a lot like the Hotel California: You can check out, but never leave. (Then again, with this cast, why would you want to leave?)

The trailer, released Thursday, gives eager fans their first glimpse of the stars in action, including Lady Gaga as hotel owner Elizabeth (aka “the Countess”); Angela Bassett as Ramona Royale, the Countess’ ex-lover; Sarah Paulson as hotel resident Hypodermic Sally; and Kathy Bates as Iris, the mother of Matt Bomer’s Donovan.

Additional Hotel cast members include Lily Rabe, Wes Bentley, Chloë Sevigny, Finn Wittrock, Evan Peters, Mädchen Amick and Max Greenfield. Speaking of Greenfield, AHS creator Ryan Murphy recently revealed that the New Girl star is featured in “the most disturbing scene we’ve ever done.”

American Horror Story: Hotel premieres Wednesday, Oct. 7 at 10/9c.

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment below: What are you most excited to see this season?

1. abz says:

Very excited for this season. I just hope that with Ryan Murphy’s enthusiasm for Lady Gaga being in the show, that he and the writers were motivated to put more effort in planning out the show fully and improving the writing before the start of filming. Both Coven and Freak Show started out pretty great, but became a bit a mess as they went on. I still enjoyed both, but it really showed how not very well-planned out they were.

• DL says:

Exactly. It became clear as both seasons went on that they were pretty much winging it. They need to have more than just the first few episodes planned out; rather, there should be a concrete idea of not only the ending, but all the major turns along the way. Not that there’s no room for spontaneity, but it’s better to have something in place that they decide to change rather than nothing at all.

• raven says:

Murphy in a nutshell- good open, slow slow sloooooow build, throw everything at the fan.

guy has talent but he needs a handler.

2. What’s the name of the song? Thanks.

3. Chris says:

Wow, I did not recognize Sarah Paulson at all. Looking forward to this season.

4. Wordsmith says:

I feel like the visual aesthetic of this season is less well defined thus far. The previous seasons each had such a specific setting, but I’m having a harder time getting a grasp on what it is this time around.

5. Jordan says:

I would also like to know what that song is

6. Timot says:

Timot Having lady Gaga should be interesting to see, I believe that the writers are top notch! I am looking forward to see what is in store for American Horror Story: Hotel

7. nerdrage says:

That’s very pretty but I think they forgot the horror part. This looks like The Walking Dead’s Top Model.

8. Joey says:

I’m very intrigued to see how the season starts. I just need to make sure not to expect too much from later on in the season so that I’ll hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

9. Leanne says:

they could kill of Lily Rabe..don’t care for her..Kathy Bates is great.. Love Matt Bomer. last season sucked..hope this one is better

10. CactusRose says:

OMG – fighting all the stupid ads on this page and the photo gallery is ridiculous! I know that’s how you make your money, but PLEASE tone them way down! That said, I am SO looking forward to AHS with Lady GaGa. She is amazing!

11. Luana says:

OMG – I can’t wait. Too excited.

12. Joey says:

After having seen this a few times now, with just a brief glimpse at some of the various characters, I think right now I’m most intrigued by Mare Winningham’s character as the laundress of the hotel. I’m not even sure they’ve stated what her name is. But the personality that she showed off in the video just kind of drew me to her more than anything else!

13. What’s the deal with the kids from Village of the Damned? (I’d like to refer to them by their actual name, but the post won’t show up…)

14. VV says:

All these A-listers in the promo and the person who caught my eye was Mare Winningham. Maybe this time they gave her a breakout part!

15. Cyn Rowean says:

gritty writing and weirdness, the only thing that could top it, would be to see bob dylan do a cameo w/ jess, that would be crazy! even just for one scene! love her!

16. raven says:

i’ll keep it on my DVR but I won’t watch it until I see the peer reviews.
    the more I see/hear/learn about the season…the worse it sounds.

the fact that the “hotel” part of the title changes to “lady gaga” proves how much thought and respect was given to the cast that has made this series and kept it afloat after such terrible writing the last couple seasons.