Fall TV Preview

Supernatural Season 11 Trailer: Sam Faces Bloody, Unspeakable Torture

Is Supernatural heading into its darkest season yet?

That’s what the first official promo — released Wednesday by The CW — would have us believe, as the minute-long video begins with Sam begging for God’s help in battling The Darkness. (Extra points to Crowley for addressing its “terrible name,” by the way.)

What follows is a hectic first look at what Season 11 — premiering Wednesday, Oct. 8 — has in store for fans of the long-running drama, including a tortured Sam, a crazy-eyed Castiel and (I’m pretty sure) a supernatural threesome.

To its credit, there is one superbly light moment at the very end of the trailer, and as you might have guessed, the snarky comment comes courtesy of Dean.

Your reaction to this promo? Hopes for Season 11? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. Darkness is a terrible name. Erebus is better…

2. Marie says:

I can’t wait!!!! Hello Darkness my old friend :)

3. Lola says:

Ghostbusters! *snorts with laughter*

4. Dani says:

Oh. Okay. Well that was intense and bloody. And scary. Super excited for this season. On a side note – seems like Hannah is biting the bullet this season. If she’s still possessing the male host from last season, that is.

5. Carrie says:

Can’t wait!!

6. Fran says:

That was a great promo. But yikes those were some intense scenes with Sam being tortured. I wonder if maybe they’re flashbacks to the cage? Looking forward to this season.

7. Lucifer says:

I’ll see you in five years Dean.

8. P says:

Was that one-liner literally Dean’s only contribution to the season 11 trailer? Oy vey, I guess I’ll be checking out whatever is airing opposite Supernatural instead. Hello Empire and Modern Family! What new shows are airing at 9 pm on Wednesday?

9. Mare says:

Dean got one whole line!! Wow. Color me interested! NOT. I guess at least Jensen makes very pretty wallpaper while everyone else is running around, having a story and doing things?

Hope he’s comfy on the sidelines. Maybe he can make some more food and do a little cleaning up, while he cheerleads on Sam, Cas, and Crowley.

10. Natty says:

I see we’re back to basics… with Dean supporting other characters in their quest.

11. ROWDYBUG says:

I’m a Dean girl too and I gotta say CALM DOWN EVERYONE! It was a 1 min clip not the whole season! Plus this is Sam’s year! Dean’s year was last year! Deep breaths #SPNFamily it’s gonna be awesome! Why? Cuz it’s the boys! They could read the phone book for 23 episodes and I’d still watch!

• Jane says:

And I would be right there with you. Every year with the first promos this starts with some group saying the season is a bust after seeing a one minute clip. I’m not a Dean girl, a Sam girl or a Cas girl. I’m a Supernatural girl!

• Pat says:

lmao Plus Jenson was directing an episode in the beginning so he probably shot a few less scenes then the others when the trailer was made. As to accomadate that they shot a few episodes out of order.

12. Drew says:

My goodness, people. You’re seriously fangirl whining about Dean being given too little to do this season before the season even starts?!
    Yes, he had one line. But in that one line, we saw a Dean Winchester who was missing all last season. Maybe if you stopped counting seconds of screen time and started paying attention to what is happening on screen, you’d see that.
    On another note, I will be interested in seeing how they make the Darkness different from what we’ve seen in the past with demons and Leviathans. I especially hope that they avoid a Leviathan-level disaster.

13. Elle says:

Did you even watch the promo? It begins Wednesday October 7, not 8th. and I’m laughing at all the ‘OMG DEAN ONLY GOT ONE LINE???’ posts. A call to arms must have gone out on a Dean site to come complain here.

14. Elf says:

That was terribly campy.

15. ndixit says:

I love Jared, but why the hell doesn’t he cut his hair, or at least style it differently? It just looks weird.

• Natalia says:

He is not styling it himself, the set stylist (from hell) is doing that. This the reason why his hair at cons or in fan photos looks way better that on the show. I wish the would change stylists because she obviously does not know what she is doing unless it is her intention on making it look the worst it can or she has a He-Man hair fetish.

• Drew says:

Yeah, this has bothered me too. I don’t see Sam spending hours blow drying and styling. A more masculine look would be nice, or just a shorter cut.

16. Robby says:

How can Sammy’s torture be that bad. He was in the cage with Lucifer and Michael for over a year.

17. Jeannette says:

Supernatural season 11 WOW!
    Love this series!!

18. Falisha says:

I can’t wait for supernatural to come back on!!!! Everyone I know loves the show its very addictive, can’t get enough!!

19. Dawn says:

I’m pretty sure the same being tortured part will turn out to be flashbacks from the cage or something. I guess time will tell …