Michael Knight Y&R

All My Children Vet Michael E. Knight Joins Young and the Restless

All My Children alum Michael E. Knight has landed a recurring role on The Young and the Restless.

As first reported by TV Insider, the three-time Daytime Emmy winner will on Oct. 15 make his debut on the CBS sudser as Simon Neville, a Genoa City doctor harboring (of course) “mysterious intentions.”

In addition to his run as AMC‘s iconic Tad “The Cad” Martin, Knight’s TV credits include Hot in Cleveland (playing himself), Drop Dead Diva and a February 2015 episode of NCIS.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Long time coming. Can’t wait to see Michael E. Knight’s debut on Y&R.

• Inez says:

Neither can I! Yay, Michael! I LOVE that he will be shaking up Genoa City along with Crazy Chloe, Adam, Neil, Patty, Sharon and her I’ve-got-an-agenda doctor and chip-on-her-shoulder Ashley, and conniving Colin, poor, blindly in love Chelsea, and oh, just a treasury of fun…

Young and Restless is high energy these days, like it had a secret makeover…the PrattMan — my fave puppet master — is boldly taking it to the edge.

2. eric7740 says:

Sorry Y&R you started losing me when you recast Phyllis and you definitely lost me when you totally runied Cady McClain’s character and killed her off!!!! I love MEK but I think I’m done with you Y&R.

• BrightLight says:

Yeah the Pratthole strikes again! (Although the recasting of Phyllis was done before he showed up.) I’m so shocked the show has gone completely downhill with him in charge. *sarcasm* Between Victor always coming away clean, the whole Marco fiasco, and now this crap with Evil Neil, I literally let Y&R play in the background while I play on Farmville each day and still know the plot without looking up once.

Now that being said, as soon as I hear MEK’s voice, my face will leave my computer and stare into those baby blues for whatever scenes he is in.

• Eric7740 says:

He kills every show he writes for!!! I still blame him for AMC’s cancellation, he turned viewers away in droves!!!

• dan says:

I haven’t watched Y&R for many, many years, but I know a lot of AMC alums are there (or have been recently). I’m surprised that MEK is going to Y&R with Pratt as head writer. I thought MEK was rather vocal about disliking Pratt’s storylines on AMC. Maybe I have him confused with one of the other AMC cast members who was vocal about hating Pratt’s writing (along with the viewers)!

• HitesMItes says:

Devoted AMC viewer 33 years. Never got hooked on another soap after it’s cancellation but with MEK returning to daytime, I might want to rekindle those wet dreams……………….God I was so in love with MEK and my Taddy.

• dj says:

I was really glad to see Cady McClain go. I thought her acting was subpar

• Eric7740 says:

Her acting was subpar because the writing for her character was subpar!!! Give her good material and watch her work her daytime magic! Hence the Emmys she won for her work on AMC and ATWT.

• nanamarilyn says:

I hated Cady McClain’s character on Y&R so much… and it just went from pathetic to miserable to horrible really fast… so I for one am glad she got ‘terminated’

3. Gee says:

Dixie’s gotta be alive then, right?? (I can’t ever remember her name on Y&R and still refer to her as Dixie!)

4. BrookeBS says:

I miss Tad :(

5. dj says:

Always enjoyed him on All My Children. Can’t wait to see him on Y&R

• I am so thrilled to me seeing our beloved Michael K.Knight, who filled our screens for such a lovely time. How much he has been missed and Y&R thank you for reuniting some fans who will follow this man wherever he goes. Even he doesn’t know the depths of emotion that ran through the air just knowing he was going to be “available” to his fans on a regular basis!! Less I embarrass him, just let it be known there are happy fans everywhere anticipating a reunion with a special friend of ours….happy people!!!

6. Carol P. says:

Can’t wait to see MEK have missed him.

7. TW says:

Ugh. Not another new character. It would be nice if they would focus on the characters they already have (Lauren/Michael and Jill come to mind) and stop introducing new characters.

8. big cheddar says:

Dang it! I was just about to drop this show! Now I’ve got to stay with it just a little longer.

9. J.A.. says:

Go Mike-ee, you’ve been so missed. You are so natural, a great talent and great to look at! Break that leg!!!

10. graze says:

Since GH wasn’t smart enough to offer Wally Kurth/Ned a contract, I was hoping MEK could be recast as Ned on GH but now that’s not going to happen. Having only watched ABC soaps, I really miss Tad. Now I’ll have to watch Y&R occasionally to see MEK. Happy for him.

11. Febra Louk says:

I have been watching Y&R for past year after grieving for AMC loss. I am beyond excited that Michael E Knight is joining the cast. Would have been great if Kelly had not been killed off in a ridiculous story line from the beginning.

12. Georgia Johnson says:

That’s good Michael E.Mckight is joining the Young &Restless cast. I hope that some more cast member from All My Children

13. Darlene says:

Woo hoo I am so excited! I miss seeing Tad!

14. Jeanine Corbley says:

I am one of the many people who wrote in to get “Tad” back on the show many years ago. I consider him one of our really good actors in this country. I am so glad he has returned on a soap. If anyone had the courage Michael could play Cary Grant any day of the week. I have seen him do it a few times on “All My Children”.

15. Squires Rebecca Ann says:

i love tad how many times i have heard how much he is loved from friends that are loyal loyal soap fans I am so so very excited and happy he is on what a present to see him!!!;)) i am so hoping i will be amazed and so grateful for his amazing detail and quality acting he is true one of the best my favorite lots of love his way and please please stay on……………………..

16. Sherian says:

I have missed seeing Michael Knight on AMC and was thrilled to find out he has joined Y&R cast; he’s a great added addition. I was presently surprised one day while watching Y&R to see him appear…What a shock! He is such a terrific actor. Thanks for bringing him on board.

17. Judy Eastham says:

I saw him about 3 different days and then nothing. Was this a temporary story? He looked fabulous. So shocked that David Canary passed away, I thought MEK was a friend after working so closely all those years. Saw nothing posted from him. Cady, and Susan posted.

18. Linda Kay says:

So sorry to hear about the death of David Canary!! By the way, did he really have a twin?