Playing House Season Finale

Playing House Season Finale: Did Emma and Mark Finally Get Together?

Tuesday’s Playing House season finale featured quite possibly the most ill-timed conga line in all of television history. (No, you’re being overdramatic!)

An over-the-top policeman’s ball presented the perfect opportunity for Emma and Mark to finally address the big, sexual elephant in the room, and despite a few hiccups throughout the evening — including an Andie MacDowell look-alike and, you know, the fact that Emma still had a boyfriend — it seemed like their happily-ever-after was finally in reach.

Then came that damn conga line I mentioned earlier, splitting Emma and Mark apart like one of Bird Bones’ many broken appendages. To make matters even more unfortunate, Maggie found herself back in bed with Bruce, though I’m happy to hear everything’s working “right as rain” down there.

It wasn’t until Emma and Maggie (as Bosephus!) returned from being imprisoned at a Kenny Loggins concert — it’s a really long story involving a woman named Jeanine Will-Call — that Emma and Mark finally came face to face on her front porch. Of course, we won’t know exactly what he came to tell her unless USA Network picks the comedy up for a third season. (That was your official cue to launch a Twitter campaign, by the way.)

Ultimately, though, Playing House‘s season finale wasn’t just about Emma’s budding relationship with Mark, or even her breakup with Dan; the two-parter was also another loving tribute to Emma’s friendship with Maggie, something this show does so well on a regular basis. The girls’ realization that it’s been exactly a year since they started living together, coupled with their mutual freak-out over Kenny Loggins, served as a reminder of why we love and connect with this show so deeply.

Were you as tickled by the Playing House finale — and simultaneously desperate to know what Mark had to say — as we were? Grade the two-part episode below, then drop a comment with your full review.

1. Reba42 says:

My fiancée just asked where do we send the letters demanding a season 3?

2. amysue4772 says:

There is going to be hell to pay if USA cancels yet another kick ass show.

3. Tiera says:

I hadn’t watch the show until I binged it right before S2 started.
    Then I immediately went out and bought S1, and haven’t looked back since. Now that I’m hooked, I couldn’t imagine going back. I’m dying to know what Mark was going to say. Mark and Emma’s chemistry is palpable. And Emma and Maggie’s friendship is the BEST!

4. Yesenia says:

Wait…this wasn’t the finale. There’s another episode on demand where they go to a concert and Emma speaks to him about that night. There are pictures to the finale in a gallery on the site. So confused….

• Tiera says:

It was an hour tonight. The first half hour is the Police Ball/ceremony and the second half hour is when they go to the concert.

5. Babybop says:

Is it weird that I like Maggie and Bruce together?

6. ErikMarie says:

My sis and I just finished watching and loved it so much! We love the ladies’ friendships, loved the Loggins freak out, and love Mark & Emma. Who would thought Key would have such a romantic and tender moment to shine (until that darn conga line!)?

7. craig says:

Can’t believe how short the season was!

8. A3rynSun76 says:

MORE PLAYING HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I’m gonna tweet…Along with a long list of half hour shows that suck which made it past 18 episodes. Seriously…Playing House could not be expensive. Why are they being so stingy :((((

9. Claire says:

There’s no poll embedded…

10. WItvpeong says:

Tvline got me onto Playing House how is Tvline gonna help us save Playing House? Do we need to be sending body roll gifs to USA? Celebrate me scones?

11. Betty says:

This is a great show, I enjoy it so much. I REALLY hope we will get more episodes. The casting on this show is perfect. I would love to see a season of Mark and Emma together.

12. Courtney says:

I love this show! It makes me laugh out loud literally….where is the petition?

13. Lee says:

Love this show so much. It can make me cry with both laughter and sadness. Very few shows can balance that the way this show does. The central friendship of this show is gold and it needs to be renewed.

14. Kayte CookWatts says:

If this show is canceled we’ll be so disappointed! So funny and probably one of the best female friendships on TV.

15. Rich says:

One of the best, if not THE best, sitcoms on TV today. I hope it lasts as long as Jessica and Lennon still have fresh ideas!

16. Pat says:

Love, Love Love this show. These ladies are so funny as are all the other characters on this show. So Please, USA————RENEW IT!!!!!

17. Katie Clements says:

They don’t renew – WE RIOT!!!

18. Name(less) says:

BODY ROLL!! BODY ROLL!! BODY ROLL!!

19. AshPie says:

Considering USA cancelled Sirens not long ago (another good show) I do not have much hope for Playing House but I HOPE they pick it up again. If they do cancel it I’m swearing off of shows on that network because there is no point getting attached to characters if the shows are never given a chance.

20. Dan O'Brien says:

Can’t get enough of Lennon and Jessica. Funny and touching. I’m riveted to every episode. More, more, more.

21. Tee says:

Good finale. Though overall this season, I would have rather a few less stunt casts and more time with the cast we were introduced to last season. Season 3 please!

22. Terrie says:

Please don’t cancel! When is it coming back on?