Exclusive
Fall Preview 2015

Fall TV Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 44 Returning Favorites!

The Fall TV season is riiiight around the corner, folks. Are you possibly ready for all that your favorite returning shows have in store? That’s where we come in.

As we do, TVLine has compiled a comprehensive overview of 44 returning series, loading it with exclusive intel, seeking out photos that you can’t see anywhere else and answering burning Qs you might not have even realized you had. Such as….

Will Arrow uncork a mayor twist? Which Big Bang duo might backtrack? On whom will Once Upon a Time‘s Emma unleash her dark fury? Which Nashville star is having second thoughts? Why did a Chicago hook-up get the hook? Which Five-0 pair is off to a couples retreat? And what acclaimed indie will The Simpsons send up?

For those answers and dozens more, flip through TVLine’s Returning Favorites gallery below (or click here for direct access), then tell us which show(s) you are most anxious about!

1. Eric7740 says:

Scandal, HTGAWM, OUAT, Arrow those are the shows I’m most excited to return!!! I watch others, but these are my priority shows!!!

• Sarah_ says:

Can’t wait for the second season of The Flash :)
      I’m excited for this season of the Grimm but the romance between Nick/Adeline us a no-go for me…but we will see.

• Caroline says:

Grimm was my favorite show, but last season was a mess. Don’t like the Nick and Adalind plot. this is sad, but I heavily invested in this show and now the mention of Grimm gives me anxiety. I think I will pass this one for now.

• Mara says:

Not liking any of the tvd spoilers. Drunk Damon, ‘uninvited’ Bonnie and sterotrash baby. UGH!! I thought season 7 was going to be good without dullena. I should’ve known with Dryeyed writing the episode. At least now I know not to watch so I guess there’s that.

• BonBon says:

You speak truth. What’s funny is last season Bonnie said she was putting herself first but she’s going where she’s “uninvited”. I’m not here to watch Bonnie revert back I want S6 Bonnie kicking Damon’s behind and not taking his crap! If they don’t use that Bamon chemistry then Dries and Plec really do need new brains.

• Kendra says:

I’m only watching for Bamon not sterolized. They better not put Bonnie with anyone other than Damon. I don’t want her with any of the irrelevants like Matt, Enzo or Alaric. As you pointed out there’s too much chemistry in Bamon to just ignore.

• Ally Oop says:

I had to drop HTGAWM after sitting through the entire first season. I despised almost all the characters on the show as they are just too unlikeable.

2. “the first DC character to take on the Flash title — Jay Garrick (Masters of Sex’s Teddy Sears) — arrives from the past and becomes a mentor to Barry.” Yes.

3. Lexi says:

I’m so excited for the return of the second season of the Flash. Can’t wait to see more of Iris West ace reporter. I also have no doubt that #WestAllen will be even closer in season 2. I’m ready for slow burn Vibe.

• BarryA says:

Not this again…Can a show just be! without all this shippng craze. The Flash is an amazing show as tt is…we don’t want the Olicity mess spilling over to TF.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

The Blacklist is the only returning series I’m really looking forward to come October 1st. Still hooked from the beginning.

5. amy says:

I DON’T THE SIMPON

6. Love Iris West says:

I can’t wait for The Flash to be back. Season 2 is going to be a great for Iris West.

7. L says:

Did they put a wig on Stana ? Is it so impossible for them to let Beckett have dark hair ??

• SO says:

Some of her pictures lately, she has dark hair, as her normal hair is somewhat dark anyway.It’s been a lot of different colors.

• Just one thing says:

I think that woman has sported many wigs and weaves since the spring. LOL

• SO says:

A lot of different wigs & many weaves, but it’s been just straight for a while now. Her normal hair, maybe because those weaves can eventually damage your own hair (& probably easier)

• lkh says:

I think she has weaves for sure, don’t know about the wigs–regardless, it’s a pain in the _____, something, neck, head, whatever. I think she keeps her hair shorter in rl and frankly I think shorter would be more appropriate for a cop–but fans would go crazy, I never think the weaves hang naturally.

• lkh says:

ps. it’s Martha who wears a wig and she said it was very uncomfortable and took a long time to get used to it. Speaking of hair, I guess Alexis gets hers cut some.

• Just one thing says:

Not to get too much into the weaves – or, er, weeds… but she filmed a movie with super dark hair and scenes from the first two eps with Beckett ultralight hair during the same week. Can’t imagine that was a weave-in/weave-out/weave-in scenario.
            I do wonder about the obsession with TV actresses’ hair, though. Do fans not realize that their hair takes a monstrous beating every day? Kinda impossible to go au natural and not fry it.

• lkh says:

As you say, no need to get entangled in the de’ tails, but I understand that the weave process is pretty intensive, extensive and hurts like a son of a ….whatever.

8. Dee Ann korth says:

I can not wait for Hawaii five o to start . The episode where Steve and Danny go a couples retreat should be really funny. I think that Steve and Catherine will not work out and it is over. I saw on another spoiler he has a first date with Lynn. We will have to wait and see for sure.

• Grace says:

Steve and Danny on the couples retreat is going to be the best! Maybe that’s why Catherine breaks up with Steve? LOL. The more bromance, the better!

9. Heather says:

I can’t wait for OUAT, Arrow, The Flash, Agents of Shield & Sleepy Hollow to come back! Thank you for the scoop!

10. So happy to hear Iris will be throwing herself into work, looking forward to her becoming and ace reporter. Also excited for Barry and Iris’s friendship to grow now she knows he’s The Flash.

11. LiLy M. says:

Seriously? TO spoiler is about Camille, writers can already stop that, it’s been 2 seasons and the overall feeling about her is the same (unappealing). I love the title of the season premiere.

• silverpetticoatreview says:

There are many fans of Cami. Just because like-minded individuals find each other and agree, doesn’t mean that opinion represents a majority.

• LiLy M. says:

You’re right, I guess there were people who liked Jar Jar Binks and others not so much.

• Mel says:

Love Camille and Klamille. Lot’s of people love her and not just because of a ship. I do think she will have a storyline seperate from Klaus this season. I’m looking forward to her interactions with Vincent and Will, her investigation, opening up her own practice and hopefully becoming the human faction leader

• Belle says:

Your right, lot’s of people do love her. People who ship Klaus with other people don’t like her for obvious reasons.
        I love her human qualities and jaded persona. I’m looking forward to her future storylines. Leah is one of the best actors on the show and I’m ready for her to shine.
        People say she’s being unprofessional giving Klaus therapy whilst having complicated feelings for him and yet having feelings and acting on them are two different things. Cami is purposely putting boundaries between them into place so it is professional but whether or not KLAUS accepts them is another story. It’s not as if supernatural therapists are in line for her to refer him to, it’s her or no one.

• Sasha says:

I don’t like Cami either. She’s a waste of screen time. Her sole purpose is to be love interest and even that pairing isn’t interesting

• Ella says:

Yeah, the only way she’ll ever be an appealing character is if her life doesn’t always revolve around Klaus. Looks like that’ll never happen.

And is it just me or is it creepy that she took him on as a patient after pretty much admitting she wants to jump his bones last season? It’s super unprofessional and I kind of hope she doesn’t get any other patients.

• The writers want to lose ratings. Cami isn’t interesting and neither is Klami

12. brandydanforth81 says:

Reign,Jane,OUAT are the ones I’m most looking forward to but HTGAWM,Nashville will be good too.Also excited for BBT.

13. It’ll be interesting to see what Tony does on NCIS after seeing that scoop. Does that mean Tony will leave to become Team Lead for his own team???

• It could be, too, that part of the tension between him and Gibbs comes about from him being reluctant to hand the reigns of the team back to Gibbs and maybe – along with Vance – trying to convince him to take a more supervisory position.

• Leia says:

actually it sounds like Tony might not like lead as much as you all hope, and while a part of him wants it… If Gibbs is worried about his “Family” going on there has to be someone willing to take the lead and Gibbs wants that to be Tony, what if its not that easy.

• mike says:

I see Tony realizing he is morphing into Gibbs, not having a life outside of NCIS, and not being happy just being a blind follower of Gibbs. I predict he will grow into a person that will work with Gibbs and respect him, but not take it like he has for years and just follow. Gibbs will be come more compassionate. In the end Tony will be stronger, Gibbs will be a bit weaker and more human, making the team stronger. The Show has always been Gibbs and Tony at the center.

14. Zack B says:

Theory here – but is Gates going to be the victim of the first crime in Castle? That cryptic spoiler makes me wonder…

15. Carrie says:

Really excited for The Flash s2, especially seeing more of Iris as a reporter, and WestAllen will always be close no matter what, bring on October 6th

16. Lara says:

The Flash is one of my favourite shows and I adore Iris West so I’m really looking forward to her reporter arc this season. Also WestAllen have such a strong bond and connection I can’t wait to see them in s2.

17. heather says:

The Booth & Brennan photo with Christine and their new baby boy has melted my heart , so adorable 💜😭

18. Jade4813 says:

I can’t wait for the Flash! Iris working as a reporter will be great to see, and I’m hoping to see Westallen get even closer!

19. Ingrid says:

I’m super excited for The Flash to come back, and especially to see Ace Reporter Iris West in action and of course more #Westallen moments

20. aph1976 says:

On Grey”s i’m wondering if Meredith focuses more on her career in the upcoming season and take a more hands on approach in running the hospital.As for NCIS, i’m sure Gibbs will be changed as a result of been shot by a kid.So Gibbs could be facing physical and psychological trauma

21. I’m super excited for Flash to come back! I hope that, despite Iris grieving through work, she and Barry’s strong bond will remain intact. I don’t care about other romances for either of them. I’m happy to go along with the plot of the show, but I want to see the Westallen connection and will continue to root for their union.

22. izzie says:

Can’t wait to see Westallen (Barry and Iris’) relationship develop now she knows he’s The Flash! :) So excited!

23. Boiler says:

I can understand why the Capt Gates character is gone although I will miss her. Not sure I see why Tory is gone unless she is on to other things. Look forward to season though

• Boiler says:

Will also be interested to see how CW survives after stupid decisions on early renewals.

• johnhelvete says:

Survive? The CW is in the best shape they have been in years. A few of the renewals were a little surprising, but likely a combination of a below average development slate (as opposed to a great one the previous year), and the ending of the four year Netflix deal (the existing shows continue under the deal).

• Boiler says:

Really?? Unless they are running Flash 10 hrs/week all the other shows ratings have dropped consistently. The only one who hung there was cancelled.

• Arrow actually rose in ratings in s3& JtV was steady.JTV is winning & nominated for lots of awards.Several small Affiltes have re-signed with CW.CW cares more about critical acclaim,dvr/OnDemand,online( Netflx/Hulu) numbers,international sales,syndication than Neilson ratings,CW brought men back to it with Arrow & Flash and has divsersity with Jane and CW Pkus Affiltes don’t want all genre superhero shows.BatB,Reign,TO are a season from syndication.

• Ella says:

I was shocked they put TVD and TO on Thursday. Both have been dropping viewers rapidly and I don’t see that changing. I can understand keeping T100 and iZombie and Jane the Virgin for the critical acclaim but Reign? i’m curious about how they’ll shuffle things in the Spring.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Which TV news site reported that Tory is gone…?

• abz says:

It never really felt like she added much to the show for me. All she did was say her 1-2 lines per episode and scold Castle for something. Personally, I wish they’d have gotten rid of Ryan and Esposito along with her.

• lurker says:

I think for you it would be the best if they’ve gotten rid of Tory, the complete 12th precinct, and at the end Beckett also. Then Castle could do whatever he wants without any boundaries. Guess what, you could still get that show exactly (Castle PI).

• abz says:

No issues with Beckett. She and Castle are probably the only things keeping me watching the show at this point. I just find the supporting cast on this show to be subpar and boring. I can’t stand Ryan and Esposito for the past few seasons. I seriously hope they don’t get centric episodes this season. Lanie is pointless and annoying and the fact that they keep trying to sell her as Kate’s “best” friend isn’t believable. Gates was meh. Don’t feel like she’s added anything to the show in a long time. Martha and Alexis are okay for me (Alexis in small doses, but I do like her relationship with Castle). I actually wish they’d allow Alexis’s relationship with Beckett to develop more. Tory barely counts as a character to me lol (I forget she’s a character half the time). Hoping this new character Hayley (is that her name?) and the other addition will spark some interest for me this season.

24. Belliker77 says:

Is it Oct 6th yet? I can’t wait for the return of The Flash on my TV screen to see Iris West become #BadAssIris. The ace reporter & leader!!! We’ve been waiting for too long to finally see Candice shine. Yeah for #WestPark (Iris & Linda) friendship. It’s good to see female characters getting along instead of pulling them against each over. Also can’t wait for January to see Wally West on TV. #WestAllen

25. Sammy says:

I love the Flash. Iris and Barry are such perfection – look forward to them getting closer.

26. Jackson Webber says:

Iris West: badass ace reporter now that’s something I wanna see! :)

27. abz says:

So many shows to look forward to. I’m so excited for The Flash. I’ve never read the comics so I don’t know much about the mythology other than what’s shown on the series, but I loved Teddy Sears on Masters of Sex, so I’m looking forward to seeing it and I really can’t wait to see Caitlin become Killer Frost.
    I really hope Arrow is better this year. I really like Stephen Amell so I continue to watch, but last season was just not that great for me.
    I just finished the Chicago series and I love them. Chicago Fire is my favorite and I’ve grown to enjoy PD. I will definitely check out Chicago Med. One thing I hope though is that they cut back on crossovers with SVU. I love the crossovers both big and mini on Fire and PD, but the feel and tone of the SVU show (which I only watched for the crossovers) just doesn’t mesh well with Fire or PD for me.

28. I wish it was October! Can’t wait to see Iris become an ace reporter and have Westallen grow closer and develop their relationship. 💜

29. abz says:

I’m thinking the OUAT full moon hint, might be Red returning.

30. Teri says:

Cannot wait for the start of Castle and the 2-parter! Love this show so much and the whole cast.

31. Eamon R. says:

Arrow is such a disappointment, allowing a couple to control the show. It’s a circus I’m not even going to bother tune in.

32. Lea says:

I hope Castle’s father is dead, at least we’ll never heard of the spy dady storyline ever again

33. Rachael says:

It’s great Iris is throwing herself into her work. That whole Lois Lane hotshot reporter storyline will be so cool. Barry and Iris will find their way to each other. I hope they are working as partner this season…then lovers lol.

34. lily says:

bones aww <3

35. Cilla says:

Looking forward to The Flash returning and too see more of Iris as the investigative reporter. Super excited to for WestAllen, the universe wants it.

36. mj says:

Mike – you did 7 First Impressions – with 20 soething new shows coming out. Where’s the rest of the reviews?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I, Matt, handle First Impressions, and we never cover all new shows. Is there a show you’re particularly curious about…?

37. Sasha says:

I really don’t care about Klamille or Cami in general. She’s one of the most pointless characters on television and its hilarious that the writers for the show expects viewers to buy this “romance” with Klaus. Moreso its hilarious that they though we would care or even find such an uninteresting, cliche, unoriginal, bore fest of a pairing the least bit attention worthy. I also think its pathetic that Elijah is spending his immortal life longing for a woman who has moved on, and has a baby by his brother. Sadly character has become even more pathetic as the series goes forward. Also some please kill Jackson. His voice annoys me.

• Mel says:

Personally I love Camille but your free to your own opinion, I just feel she brings a human aspect to the show that no one else does. All the other characters always seem to have murder and revenge on all their minds constantly and I think it’s good to have a character who doesn’t. Camille is far from pointless, her, Marcel and Davina got sidelined last season so I’m hoping that they all get better story lines that don’t revolve around the Mikaelsons. I’m hopeful that Camille will considering she will spend a lot of time with Will and Vincent and hopefully become leader of the Human Faction like she was meant for.

I feel for Elijah, He is just so selfless and he deserves to be happy. I have no doubt in my mind that Hayley loves him.

Don’t particularly like Jackson, liked he character in Tru Blood though. I feel like he is just a underdeveloped blank slate with next to no personality, they could do a lot better with him.

• Esther says:

Agree completely, it’s such a shame people can’t separate ships and characters. It’s like if they don’t like a ship because they want that character with someone else, they hate on the other character.
        I think Cami is vital to the show, we need a human essence not just a bunch of misunderstood monsters and whether or not Klaus and Cami have a romantic relationship doesn’t effect my love for her on the show.

• Esther says:

Totally agree, I think most people can’t separate ships from characters. If they don’t like a particular ship because they ship one person with a different person then they hate the other person and it doesn’t matter what a great character they are.
        I think Cami is vital to the show and seeing these supernatural people with her eyes is really compelling. A human essence is needed for a show otherwise all you have are misunderstood monsters. I look forward to her journey, I imagine her morals will reach their breaking point eventually and she’ll become more jaded and see some things as a lesser evil like her Uncle Kieran did.

• Esther says:

Whoops did that twice, I thought if didn’t work 😲

• Jess says:

but who promote a ship are writers… who speak constantly about Klamille. Ship or no ship, don’t forget that Camille is the least popular characters on what is now one of the CW’s least popular shows.

• Cami isn’t relatable at all. You say she’s far from pointless can’t name one thing she’s done for the past 2 years to move the storyline along. She’s there to prop Klaus and be a Kleeenex and love interest. That’s it. She has no purpose or storyline outside even now.

38. aura says:

Yay to the Flash scoop so excited to hear that Iris will be throwing herself into her work. Can’t wait to see reporter West in action bring on seaon two, the season of the Wests more fabulous heroes and villains my precious WestAllen moments, also did someone say Vibe…yes please.

39. Just one thing says:

Spy Daddy’s dead? Womp womp.

40. evababy says:

HTGAWM – Glad to know Michaela will confront Laurel about her ring. Terrible thing to do. Also i dislike Laurel.

Sleepy Hollow – Lol about “don’t worry’ about the Mills sisters. Fans wouldn’t have to be reassured if all the pre-season hype so far wasn’t squarely centered on “Sexy Betsy’. Here’s hoping the new writers & showrunner watched S2 and figured out what NOT to do.

Flash – Thank God they it sounds like Iris will be allowed to be more proactive. There was a point when Barry was telling everybody and their homicidal sister his secret. It became ludicrous after awhile that she was in the dark. Interested in all the timelines and wonder how they’ll juggle that. Will miss Eddie tho.

Vampire Diaries – Might have to pick it back up since it seems like Bonnie might actually be able to live and have a storyline that doesn’t involve saving Elena somehow.

Brooklyn 99 – I am reserving judgment on Bill Hader as new capt. But I am looking forward to this show so much!

41. Brad says:

Sounds like more bracken Beckett drama again

42. Yay Iris and independence. Can’t wait to see her become the amazing and kick ass reporter she’s meant to be. Hopefully we’ll see how she cultivates her relationship with Barry and how WestAllen grows now that she’s in on his secret. I am breathing YAY!!!!! Cant wait for Cisco to become Vibe and soooooooooooooo stoked for that Snowstorm story line. love Ronnie Raymond to bits.

43. ajdito says:

So excited for Homeland!

44. kmw says:

I actually like that picture of Castle and Beckett. It looks like he is giving her something special. One more thing about Bones I am really glad they didn’t move away. Brennan talked last year about having to move around a lot . It wouldn’t have made sense for Booth and Brennan to move for six months and then come back. That shot is so adorable of them together!!!

45. Chad says:

Only 2 out of 3 NCIS shows? What’s up with that?

46. killmotion says:

Jake and Amy, looks like a date pic? All dressed up and adorably nervous. I keep seeing them say it won’t be “smooth sailing”. Ok we knew that but I hope we get to see them work through the issues that may arise and be stronger for it. Come to me September 27th!

47. Ella says:

The Bones picture is the most adorable thing I have ever seen <3

48. Vanessa says:

Excited for The Flash s2, can’t wait for Iris to become a great reporter and WestAllen is so iconic, it’s destiny I can’t wait to see all their moments in s2

49. Joey Padron says:

Great scoop & photos for new seasons of my favorite shows. Can’t wait for new seasons of my favorite shows to start later this month & next month!

50. Akinyi says:

Excited for the flash scoop
    Can’t wait to see Candice Patton play #BadassIris to perfection