Biggest Loser Season 17 Host

Biggest Loser Trainer Bob Harper Steps Up as Host, Replacing Alison Sweeney

Veteran Biggest Loser trainer Bob Harper has gained a new job title — host.

Harper will lord over the upcoming Season 17 of NBC’s weight-loss competition series, succeeding Alison Sweeney, who last month announced that she was leaving after 13 consecutive cycles.

“I’m super excited about taking the position of host on The Biggest Loser, says Harper, who will continue to offer his training expertise to contestants at various points throughout the season. “I’ve been with the show since Season 1 so I know all of the ins and outs, and let me tell you, the weigh-in room is going to be a completely different ballgame with me at the steering wheel.”

Also as part of Season 17 (which begins production this month), Dolvett Quince and Jennifer Widerstrom both are returning, training eight teams of two in an exciting return to team-versus-team competition.

Do you agree with TBL’s pick to replace Sweeney?

1. Mr. Tran K says:

From trainer to host, Bob Harper should do a great job on The Biggest Loser taking over the job vacated by Alison Sweeney.

2. Bixbys Dad says:

This is great news! Alison Sweeney was extremely aggravating to watch. Ill now be tuning in!

3. LADY_in_MD says:

I love this news I think it’s a great idea Bob will be more understanding during weigh ins but also be able to tell the contestants the truth and what they did right or wrong and be objective I know the team trainers always try to be positive even when their contestants don’t do great I’m sure it’s hard to tell someone they didn’t do good enough no matter how hard they worked out
    Plus Bob is great to look at is there any way they will make him take his shirt off during weigh ins? Also Dolvete too!

4. Melissa says:

What happened to Jessie Pavelka? Was he not invited back?

5. Jason Siber says:

I think he will do fine and i hope he will do the same job what h had and the host

6. Paul K says:

I am excited for the new season. This sounds like a great change given Allison leaving. I am also curious what happened to the third trainer (Jessie). Did he leave the show? Will Jillian be back in any capacity? Guest visit?

• Leslie Moats says:

I loved Alison but Bob is in a great position as he really can help them with his big heart and getting to bottom of things! I like the new changes in the show it is refreshing ‘

7. Trista says:

I will miss Alison, but I think this is an excellent alternative!

8. Julie says:

Bob is a great choice to be host!!

9. Alberta Marshall says:

Of course wish he could have Julian with him

10. Jai Green says:

I THINK IT’S A GREAT CHOICE! I LOVE BOB!

11. Tina says:

I like Alison so much better! Bob is good as a trainer!

12. Leslie Moats says:

I will miss Alison! Bob will be a big help as host as he knows how to get into the minds and reasons for the Biggest Losers and is so great! I like the changes in the way this season is being done. A fresh change!

13. penno says:

Do I agree? The only think better about Bob being host is if he were still one of the trainers. But the toupee has GOT to go.