Fall TV Preview

S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 Promo Reveals Daisy's New Look, Monstrous Threat

A new promo for Season 3 of ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. introduces us properly to Daisy Johnson fka Skye, an anxious Inhuman named Joey (Narcos‘ Juan Pablo Raba) and a monstrous new threat.

There’s also a hint of infighting, with Mack getting in the face of a new friend. Plus, who is throwing a bag over [Spoiler]’s head and why?!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns with new episodes Tuesday, Sept. 29.

Want more scoop on SHIELD, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3: Cast Talks Mad Max
‘Crossover,’ Time Jump, Simmons’ Whereabouts

1. Allen says:

Maybe this will put an end to skyeward shippers. Daisyward just doesnt sound right. lol

2. To me, she’s still Skye

3. Joey Padron says:

preview for new season looks good. excited to see new season in a few weeks!

4. Drew says:

Why would she suddenly start going by a name that she has never gone by before? It never makes sense when they do that with characters. Clark wouldn’t just decide to be Kal-El. He has been Clark Kent all his life. Same with Skye. It is one thing for her parents to call her that, but not everyone else.
    My nephew asked me to call him by a nickname and it never really happens, even though it is just a shortened version of his actual name. I’m willing to use the nickname, but whenever I do use it, it is totally forced. I don’t get how Skye can suddenly be Daisy.

• Shaun says:

preach yo!

• Robert Dassler says:

Her name was always Daisy. Skye was the placeholder name she went by as a hacker. And she only became a hacker to find her family (and her true identity.)

• Hoshi says:

I think it’s the writers trying to express Skye’s journey last season. Her powers, her parents, SHEILD…. She has had a a change deep within herself and I think the writers wanted more then just a haircut to show it. It’s her embracing her origin. I still think it sounds weird but I’ll get used to it :)

• Drew says:

Yeah, the writers want to show that. But you can’t change the way you’ve thought of yourself in your head for your entire life just like that. And her friends wouldn’t be able to just change how they think of her either.
          It is a writing ploy, but not really true to the character. Skye can’t just disappear because she found out who Daisy was. And why would she choose to change her name? Her parents weren’t exactly great discoveries.

• Drew says:

Of course, the real reason for her using the new name is that Skye doesn’t exist in the comics and Daisy does.

5. Alrisha says:

Nice to see to Juan Pablo Rava in a central rol. He is a really good actor. I have not problem with the Skye/Daisy issue. I guess that the idea is that she finally knows who she is, and taken the name Daisy is a way to show that she accept her new life, that is way different that the one before.

6. Ms Thang says:

No May? No Simmons? So tired of Skye and the agents of Shield show.

7. Maxsmom says:

I forgot how tough Superhero comment threads can be. I like soap operas and think any continuing drama is a soap. I don’t watch Game of Thrones so I may be speaking out of turn when I say it sounds like a soap, so does the Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad. I would also say that comic books are continuing drama and therefore soaps. I don’t see Soap Opera as an insult. I see Soap Opera as form not content.

I gave Agents of Shield 2 years to become appointment TV and for me it isn’t. I am not waiting and anticipating new episodes. I enjoyed the first episodes but my enthusiasm began to wane. I stayed the course and began the second season but each episode was less interesting than the one before. This is an individual opinion.

Arrow lost me with the flashbacks. I hate them. It’s like watching 2 completely different shows except I only like 1 of them.

I am going to give Supergirl a chance, if I don’t like it I won’t give it the chances I gave AOS and Arrow.

I like The Flash. I like the cast and the stories and the pace. I am looking forward to it’s return.

I loved Heroes when it debuted and I stayed with it until the end. As bad as that end was, I am not going to try and resist Heroes Reborn but like Supergirl it gets no slack.