Nashville's Chaley Rose to Return

Nashville is bringing back Chaley Rose‘s Zoe in Season 4. Dare we hope for a ZAG Band reunion?!

Probably not, given that EW.com reports that Scarlett’s bestie — and Gunnar’s ex — will be back in town because of a “tragedy.”

Rose is slated for at least one episode in the upcoming season, showrunner Dee Johnson tells the site, though perhaps an interaction with Gunnar will cause her to extend her stay in Music City?

Zoe departed Nashville last season after relationship problems with then-boyfriend Gunnar made her realize she had nothing to lose by taking off for Los Angeles. Turns out, she was leaving without his love.

Since leaving the ABC drama, Rose appeared in an episode of ABC Family’s Stitchers.

Nashville fans, are you happy to see Zoe back? Sound off in the comments!

1. bill says:

Was happy when she left. She should stay gone.

2. bill says:

Sounds like she’s coming back to Nashville for a funeral.

3. A fan of TV says:

You know what? Good! She was unfairly disliked by fans, in my opinion.

• bryce says:

Laila was unfairly disliked. Zoe was appropriately disliked.

• A fan of TV says:

I never disliked Layla either, really. She was a conniving brat and still can be, but I don’t want her off the show, either. Can we please kill off Teddy and/or Jeff though?

• Eran says:

Forget dislike…disliking at least entails some emotion. I for once couldn’t care less about her and that’s the worst feeling a viewer could have for a character. I wouldn’t make this a judgement of C. Rose as an actress though. Think it all boiled down to her having been given virtually no material to sink her teeth into.

• Cass says:

I liked her the first season she was on, but last year they turned her into a stereotypical jealous bore. By the time she left, I was glad to see her go.

• Boiler says:

Agree I thought she was unfairly disliked. I would rather have her character than Layla

• Ben says:

I agree. I really like Zoe. Everyone knows Gunnar and Scarlett need to be end game, but that doesn’t mean the show has no place for Scarlett’s best friend.

• A fan of TV says:

Exactly!

• linds says:

Oh boy, I must be the only Nashville fan who detests Gunnar. I think he’s a passive-aggressive, emotionally abusive arse. Scarlett, even though she drove me crazy with her whining for a few months, is so much happier with her lovely doctor. Though now that her mama has died, she’ll no doubt be more comfortable with abusive Gunnar. Blech.

4. Matt says:

Haven’t missed her and don’t want her back.

5. Yvonne says:

I liked Zoe & ZAG was easily the best version of that band.

6. Ella Jasper says:

Bring her back. Loved her character!

7. iHeart says:

I don’t know about the theory, I mean either way Scarlett is losing a family member. And I am probably guessing that Deacon would be sleeping off the gas for a good chunk of the episode

8. Kay says:

Noooooooooo! Not a fan of Zoe at all- especially if it gets in the way of Gunnar and Scarlett

9. T.W.123 says:

I read this and my first thought was, “Well, say goodbye to Scarlett’s Mama”. That was the big cliffhanger, right? That it was either her or Deacon? I think Zoe will be there for a one-off episode or two to help her (former) bestie grieve the loss of her Mother, with whom she had such a complicated relationship.

10. Babygate says:

I loved her until she got involved with Gunner. Still, i hope she sticks around. I think that Nashville keeps missing the opportunity of putting Gunner and Avery together and they were phenomenal with Zoe. So, musically speaking, I hope show runners grab this opportunity to keep her.

11. brandydanforth81 says:

Noooo!

12. MP says:

As much as I dislike Bev, I would be disappointed if they killed her off. I think they could get a lot of storylines out of her. She could certainly spice things up.

13. kim says:

you kiddin’. bring back zoey. ZAG band were exciting to watch.she sings great. looks great. took over from juliette to prove it and sure made Gunnar happier than mooning over the barefoot meerkat. Yay. Team Zoey every time.bring back the fun music. she’s your girl.

14. Revecca says:

No no no more zoe

15. evababy says:

I wish she wasn’t coming back. But not because I didn’t like Zoe, but because she got a raw deal and deserves better writing and characterization than she got.

16. fan says:

Meh….she wasn’t anybody’s best friend as quick as she hooked up with Gunnar, then had the nerve to get jealous and worried when Gunnar and Scarlett started making beautiful music together again. Which means she is a great actress because I hated her guts. Usually they always have to bring some tragedy for a “villian” in a show to try to get people to like her character again. You can’t fool me Nashville writers!!! LOL

17. Eileen Hargis says:

Yes, want her back on permanently. Should never have cut her!!

18. Romi says:

I really liked the ZAG. I hope she comes back to stay.

19. ? says:

Worst character ever.

20. laylagalise says:

God, no!!! Zoe was my least favorite character (it’s not the actress, it’s just the character). Maybe if she didn’t come between Gunnar and Scarlett, then I could like her…

21. liame says:

I stopped watching this mess of a country show when she left. I will watch her one episode and then I’m out again. Will never feel comfortable watching a show that allows certain dawb to act anyway they want and still get praised. Sick and very negative writing.

22. I would welcome Zoe back to the series. She is very talented.

23. Cindy lee says:

i just want Deacon to come back and him and Rayna to get the chance again for the live they always knew was there . No Deacon, lots of lost viewers according to social media. All of us have lived the Deacon and Rayna story and for one time let us see that things really can come back and be happy in this life!!

24. Susan says:

No! Hated whole story line.

25. Marilyn says:

Whether she comes back or not is not the real problem with this show. You need some real writers…some who can make this not so soap-opera-like. Your material is not good – your actors and actresses are not given anything to work with. The relationships on this show are on again, off tomorrow, back on two weeks later. Suddenly Scarlett is having a fling with the doctor, then all of a sudden she’s making eyes at Gunnar, She and the doctor are not good together, so why can’t you give somebody on there a steadfast relationship and quit the nonsense. Get some people who can act on there. The best actress is the one who does Juliette Barnes. All the others, including Rayna and Scarlett, need to learn how to speak so they can be understood.

26. tsevca says:

Never liked her. Not that I disliked her, but she had nothing interesting to bring to the table.

27. dawn says:

I like Zoey but she should come back and sign with luke

28. hen says:

She hot !

29. Pamela says:

I liked Zoe and hope she resumes her friendship with Scarlett