Exclusive

Days of Our Lives Photo: Peter Reckell Returns as Bo for NBC Soap's 50th

This will put a grin on your Fancy Face: Days of Our Lives‘ Bo will be back in Salem very soon — and we’ve got your exclusive first look at portrayer Peter Reckell’s return.

Reckell will begin airing on Tuesday, Sept. 8, as part of the NBC soap’s ongoing 50th anniversary celebration. In the photo below, he and co-star Stephen Nichols (aka Patch) flash big smiles on set at the Brady Pub.

The daytime drama is marking the milestone with a murder mystery that began earlier this summer, facilitating the return of fan favorites including Alison Sweeney, Thaoo Penghlis, Martha Madison and Nichols. The killer will be revealed during the week of Nov. 8.

Reckell has played Bo — brother of Roman and Kayla and (now ex-)husband to Hope — off and on since 1983.

Take a good long look at the photo below, then hit the comments: Are you excited about Days‘ 50th?

Days of Our Lives Peter Reckell Bo Return 2015

1. Crystal Rowe says:

I’m starting to watch days again because of Peter my favorite actor I love bo Brady.Kristen and Peter light up the screen

2. alistaircrane says:

Glad to see Bo back in Salem, but I heard his return is short-term. Days needs to do a good back-from-the-dead story and bring Jack back to Salem as well.

• AnnieM says:

YES!!!! But only if Matthew Ashford plays him. I’d also LOVE to see Michael T. Weiss return as Dr Mike Horton. According to IMDB, he’s mostly been doing voiceover work for the past several years. Maybe he’d be easy to get. He was great as Mike. :-)

• LB says:

Yes, bring back Matt/Jack! J/J have been one the fanbase that has gotten nothing out of this reboot. Jennifer doesn’t even have much of a storyline beyond meddling in her children’s lives. Jack should have been held captive alongside Bo. There is so much storyline potential, especially with his brother Steve back.

• Anita says:

I wish people would stop saying he’s short term. I haven’t heard how long he’s staying. If people are going to say that please tell us you’re resources. I’ve looked on every website and can’t find anything on how long he’s staying

• aph1976 says:

I’m glad that Peter Reckell is back on Days.Now as for how he’s staying, my guess if neither him or the show are going to say anything about that because it would spoil the story.However Peter Reckell’s return is open ended for now because both her and the show may want to see how things go first.However i’m sure Bo will be onscreen through at least the anniversary in November and after that it might be anyone’s guess.

• Margaret Caulfield says:

I think I read somewhere that it is his choice to only be on short-term

• Kim J says:

I agree I haven’t seen anything about him being short term.

• Sandra says:

Yesssss!

• SHANNA says:

Oh yes ,when Bo comes back so will I .Watched since the early eighties, quit two years ago.

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Very happy to see Peter Reckell’s character Bo back on DAYS and a great photo alongside Stephen Nichols.

4. Kathlene Vasiliou says:

Sooo happy Bo and Patch are returning!!!!!!! The other story lines are so boring.

5. Sissy says:

I haven’t been this excited since the nineties returns. I have #BBFever..

6. Kathy Richardson says:

Now Days of our Lives will be worth watching again. It’s about time the producers got smart and brought Peter back he and Kristen put the spark in this soap and have for years. YAY I am so happy

7. Sandy Gideon says:

I’m so excited for Peter to be back!! Please let him stay with Hope .. Don’t mess that up for us long term watchers!!!

8. LovesPeterReckell says:

I lover Peter Reckell and hope he returns to the soap.

9. Kathy Richardson says:

Sorry meant to put this in also. It’s so good to have Patch back his part is an essential part of this soap. Thank you to whoever had the insight to get Days back on track

10. Kate Ross says:

Glad to see you coming back home

11. Annette says:

The world is right again!

12. Donna says:

I have hoped 4this. & am overjoyed

13. Beth says:

My favorite two actors along with Sammie. So happy to hear they are coming back. It’s what makes the show. Also miss the EJ and Sammie duo.

14. AnnieM says:

Good God, is it just me, or have those two gotten even more handsome over the years? :-)

15. wrstlgirl says:

So glad he’s back but I have a horrible feeling he’s only back to end his story. I’ll bet he dies a hero. But seeing Bo and Patch onscreen together is gonna be great!!

16. pat Schüler says:

Am So Happy its never been the same without Bo Hope he’s here to stay

17. Rita Romano says:

Looking forward to see Peter back as Bo (even if short term). Bo and Hope belong together forever. Hope the story line changes somewhere where he decides to stay on longer.

I think us long term fans are getting kind of bored with the DiMera’s fake deaths and returns of characters. Can’t the writers come up with better story lines? Are they out of imagination that they need to go back in circles and return people from the dead? This is kind of getting exagerated!

• alistaircrane says:

It’s a shame you have a problem with this show returning to its roots. I hope the DiMeras faked Jack’s death—he’s the one return we still need that hasn’t been announced yet. Bringing characters back from the dead is a soap staple!

• Vicky says:

yes, why keep bring them back from the dead. Why not try bringing back characters that just ” moved away” How about Frankie? He and Jennifer were great together! How about Stephanie, Max, Melanie, Phillip, Chloe, Shawn, Belle, Mimi……..? There are plenty of fols who just LEFT Salem, and didn’t get killed off!

18. S. Rodd says:

This makes me so happy! I have been watching DOOL since I was 16!! So glad Peter Reckell is returning!! Also, glad to see Steve (Patch) and Kyla as well, I am in my glory!! I would love to see the return of Shane & Kimberly too! The gang’s all back!!!!!

• alistaircrane says:

The gang’s not all back yet….we need Jack back! Jack and Jennifer are a truly wonderful supercouple.

• 4ever DAYS says:

I love Jack too, but I’m afraid you might have a bad Jack attack if he returns! You’re wanting him back so bad, you may pass out if he does come back!! lol

19. Katrina says:

Well its about time.

20. Sandy Ford says:

very excited! finally!!!

21. Grace says:

YAY Bo and Hope please!!! But get ride of Nicole and Daniel he belongs with Jennifer. PLEASE NO MORE JACK to come back I have been watching for all 50 years

22. Jan says:

Don’t really care about Reckell, but I’m THRILLED by the return of Nichols! I read some of the comments and agree it would be great to see Ashford, again … but Jack died!! Not that a silly thing like death has kept DOOL from bringing back characters, before.

23. Barbara Conner says:

Barbara Conner
    Now that a lot of the cast has left the show. It good to see new old faces again. And hope to see couples reunited such as Bo and Hope, Steve, Kayla and Joey, John and Marlina, now if we could get Sonny and Paul background together then bring Shawn “D” and Belle to return it would really make my day. Or should I say ” Days of Our Lives “

24. gail says:

So glad Bo is coming back. Sami needs to return also. Both were so special on the show. Miss theml

25. Jamie says:

what I think is so so so stupid is all the freaking talk about Bo before bringing him back, I mean seriously what the heck is the point just bring him back without all this pre-talk about him who gives a crap about memories and all that crap just bring him back on at that I could care less if he comes back on or not but I think it’s so dumb to start talking about him before he comes back just bring him back if you need too and get it over with.

26. Karen Gray says:

Happy! Happy! Happy!😀😁😀☺I have been a loyal fans for 40 year, wasn’t happy about Bo leaving but now I’m so happy and hoping that he and Hope will have a happily ever after!!!

27. Am glad to see the old regulars coming back. I am a viewer for many , many years. While my boys took naps I got hooked on Days. They are now in their 40’s. So bring it on!!!!

28. I would like to see Hope and Bo get back together. They belong together. I would like to see Abigail with Chd.after all it is his child. They belong together.

29. Joan Wood says:

I’m so happy Days has stayed on for so long , I’ve been with them since the first week, my babies were called Day’s babies, because they napped while Days was on the air! I’m 77 and still watching!

30. Victoria says:

So thrilled to see Beau “Peter” come back. NOBODY can play him but, Peter! Please Please keep him in a permanent basis!

31. Janet Phad says:

I’m so addicted to DOOL! Ecstatic that more familiar faces are arriving in Salem — which I think might be in my backyard!!! Love Days!

32. Jan says:

Thrilled! Wish they could keep these actors for a good, long time!

33. Mrs minor says:

We need a good story line

34. Peggy says:

I love Bo and Hope and their “love story”. Please, please, if you bring Peter back…for goodness sakes, Please, please keep him on this time. I am also glad to see John and Marlena getting back together.

35. Sur says:

If they are bringing Bo back only to kill him off like I have heard I may be done watching.

36. Barbara Spinks says:

So happy to see Patch returning and now Bo, too good to be true. Been watching since the beginning in 1965.

37. Lisa Farris says:

Yay is Bo back to stay. I sure hope so. Wish he would have never left:)

38. Barbara Whitmyer says:

So happy to see the old cast return . I have watched days since 1967 and it has not been the same with out my favorites. Oh how I have missed Bo. Please don’t let him go again. Please bring back Sammy, EJ, Sunny. And get Reid of Will. Bring Chandler back. Then I will keep watching. Other wise I don’t think it’s worth it anymore.

39. Jenn says:

So happy Bo is back! And that its Peter! I did grow to like Aiden though curious to find out what will happen with that!

40. Gwen says:

Ya! What a wonderful thing to see Bo again with Hope not with anyone else. Also Steve with Kayla.

41. Bonnie W says:

I’m watching again….Patch and Bo coming back has lured me in. I wonder if the ratings improved this week with Patch’s return.

42. Diana says:

I am so glad that they are back.

43. Marge says:

I have been a fan for 45+ years – seen many actors come and go. For me, the core of the show is the families – Brady’s Horton’s, Kiriakis’, DeMearas and Black’s. I guess you could say I am old school – but those characters made the show and it is great to see that you are bringing back some of the fan favorites. Was disappointed to see Melanie play such a short stint. Also disappointed in the storyline for Will – to me he was just not believable as being the conniving character that was being written. I truly miss Alison Sweeney – she was so believable with everything written for her character. Peter Reckell, Matt Ashford, Eileen Davidson have also been missed – glad to see some of these characters return.

44. Brenda Ziegler says:

Wow,….I’ve been watching ‘Days of Our Lives’ since the late 70’s,….& remember back in the day how ‘Bo’ was coming to our local mall here in Cranberry, Pa (N.W. area) We were all ‘Very Excited’ about that! Welcome Back Bo,….I’ll be watching,…& I Love to SMILE!

45. Barbara Shannon says:

It will be great to finally see the characters we’ve loved to watch. I’m hoping to see more of our favorites too. I hope their story line lives up to their potential. Would love to see Bo and Patch stay with the show for the long term. I’ve watched DOOL since the beginning and the years these actors were on it were the best.

46. Shelly Fiedler says:

Bringing Bo Back Is Huge :) I Miss Seeing Him And Hope / I Have Watched Days Since Day 1 :) This Makes Me Very Happy :-

47. Judi says:

Yay! Haven’t been excited about watching DOL in a long time!!!

48. Daysi says:

Can anyone tell me when this special starts to air: when all the former characters mentioned will be on screen?

Also can anyone tell me what free websites I can see soap operas? I cant watch the soap on TV as I dotn have the channel where Days is aired so I want to see the soap thru the internet but I dont know where/.

Does anyone know a link?

• DaysBopeLuv says:

NBC.com posts entire episodes the week after they air, you can also catch them on YouTube. Steve has been back on the show since Aug 28, Bo was back today.

49. Karen says:

So glad to see some of the fan favorites returning to Days of our Lives. I’ve watched all 50 Years & my adult Daughter loves it too.

50. Sheila ressler says:

Been watching the show for 48 years and it’s about time you brought them back!