Kelly Rowan Castle

TVLine Items: Castle Meets The O.C., Rob Riggle Gets Fresh and More

One of Castle‘s upcoming cases will require a little help from the West Coast.

The O.C. alumna Kelly Rowan will guest-star in a Season 8 episode of the ABC drama, playing Carla Feller, the dean of a prestigious university that is left stunned by the mysterious death of a student, according to EW.com.

Since ending her run as O.C. matriarch Kirsten Cohen, Rowan has appeared on TNT’s Perception, as well as episodes of CSI: Miami and Flashpoint.

Castle‘s eighth season bows Monday, Sept. 21 at 10/9c; Rowan’s installment will air in early October.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The Daily Show vet Rob Riggle will guest-star on Fresh Off the Boat‘s upcoming second season as Gator Dan, an employee at Gator World who takes his job a little too seriously, according to EW.com.

* Netflix’s Daredevil has cast Stephen Rider (Lee Daniels’ The Butler) in the series-regular role of Blake Tower, a New York City district attorney who helps the titular hero track down and capture criminals, our sister site Deadline reports.

* Colm Feore (Revolution, The Borgias) will recur on House of Cards‘ fourth season, playing a mysterious, high-profile character, per Deadline.

1. Carol C says:

It will be nice to see KR again.

2. lkh says:

hmmm, maybe Stanford. Beckett is an alumna and I think Alexis’ boyfriend was enrolled there–and Alexis was admitted but stayed in NY (really!?) However, Deans are usually (actually) the head of a particular College within a University–would be a Chancellor or President as the ‘head’ of a ‘prestigious’ University–confusing.

• S. says:

What do you mean “really!?”? First of all she got into Columbia among other places (wasn’t Oxford another option? That was harder to believe if anything). Columbia was a good fit and she wasn’t trying to rebel and ditch her dad so nothing wrong with picking it and staying in NYC. It’s certainly prestigious. Secondly, she broke up with the guy for not being there for her when she needed him. It’s not like she’s gonna go ‘oh good, I can take him back now.’ It was done for deeper reasons than a long-distance relationship. That’s just what set it off. I can see wanting to avoid him or the memory of that or whatever.

• DarkDefender says:

Um.. I am thinking the “help from the west coast” comment is because she was in the OC? Not that she is from a CA school for the purpose of the episode. I could be wrong. But that’s how I read it. Aside from the fact that (1) this is a casting reveal and (2) it is Castle. They do not always make things accurate.
      Although “S” takes the “don’t hate on Alexis rant” to a whole new and weird level.. It doesn’t seem out of character for Alexis to have chosen NY to do school. She is a daddy’s girl and will always stay near him.. Also –> Plot device.

• lkh says:

DD–I see what your saying, I linked paragraph one and two together–help from the west coast-not necessarily in Castle. Got it-we’ll see. I was hoping for someone that Beckett met while she was at the university. Alexis wasn’t my point at all other than to be inclusive of all possible contacts, I was more thinking it might be related to Beckett’s time at Stanford.

• lkh says:

or, I could have said ‘you’re’–sigh

• lkh says:

DD-as an aside, or confession, I watch very little tv. I actually have no idea what O.C. is–since I live in California, it means Orange County to me. Also, someone mentioned The Big Bang Theory the other day–never watched it either. I watch Castle and a few other shows, no sitcoms.

And, anyway, I like my story about Beckett/Stanford as long as it doesn’t involve her ex husband :)

3. why has “OUTLANDER” been snubbed so very badly. It is by far the best all around show ever that has been nominated by far, other than “Thrones” of course but of the two, I prefer “OUTLANDER”.

4. L says:

Kate Beckett and Kirsten Cohen together, BEST THING EVER !