Fall TV Preview

Video: Caitlyn Jenner Wonders 'Should I Have Done It Earlier?' on Ellen Premiere

Aside from her blockbuster Diane Sawyer and ESPY Award acceptance speech, Caitlyn Jenner has noticeably avoided the talk show/live event circuit since revealing back in April that she is a transgender woman.

All that changes on next Tuesday’s season premiere of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where the former Olympian and I Am Cait star dishes how “there’s nothing better than to wake up in the morning and be able to be your authentic self.”

Ellen, who’s got some experience in that department herself, concurs: “Whether you understand this [issue] or not, everyone wants to feel free, everyone wants to feel good in their own skin.”

Press PLAY below for the extended interview clip (and a second segment about Jenner’s views on marriage), then tell us if you’ll be tuning in for Caitlyn’s talk-show debut!

1. alistaircrane says:

Ellen and her guests shouldn’t wear white on those white chairs. They blend in to them.

2. AnnieM says:

The son of an old friend of mine has been transitioning to female. She explained to me that one’s gender identity is separate from one’s sexual preference. As a boy, she was attracted to other boys, so figured she was gay. Now, as a woman, she is still attracted to men, so was actually a heterosexual woman in a man’s body. I’m pretty sure I read a quote from Caitlyn somewhere that she’s “always been attracted to women”. That being said, I suppose that would make Caitlyn a lesbian. And with her identifying as a conservative Republican to boot, well, that’s got to be a lot for *anyone* in her position to deal with, especially being in the public spotlight. I wish her well.

3. The Truth says:

What? Ran someone down in his car?

• LADY_in_MD says:

It was an accident
      Do you know there have been other celebrities who have been in accidents where someone died even our former First Lady killed someone in an accident

4. P says:

Why is it so hard for people to understand that gender doesn’t just stem from a single source. Gender is based on a number of different factors, chromosome structure, brain structure, hormones, genes and gene regulation, physical appearance. These things develop during different stages of fetal development which is why they sometimes match and sometimes they don’t.

5. Lucifer says:

It is interesting to see them talking about Jenner sticking with her political beliefs because there are conservative women and LGBT people and they are considered traitors based on generalizations and misinformation. I am curious to know what show Ellen is talking about because I’ve been watching Jenner’s show each week and “educational” is the last word I’d use to describe it.

6. Ron says:

I have no problem with Caitlyn identifying as a Republican. But Ellen was right; she [Caitlyn] still seems very, very hesitant to completely accept same-sex marriage. There’s this obvious lack of full acceptance in her voice when she talks about it. I find it very hypocritical. Does she not realize that the people who say they don’t support same-sex marriage are also the same people criticizing transgender people? Like I said, I’m not saying Caitlyn can’t be a Republican–there’s nothing wrong with being a fiscal conservative. But being a social conservative doesn’t really fit in with Caitlyn’s life right now. I think she still has some things to figure out. Just my opinion…