Exclusive
Sleepy Hollow Poster Season 3

Sleepy Hollow's Witnesses Put Their Heads Together in Season 3 Poster

Sleepy Hollow‘s Ichabod and Abbie undoubtedly will stare down heinous evil in the Fox series’ upcoming third season. But for the time being, they’ve got their eyes — and perfectly shaped ‘brows! — on you.

The Season 3 poster, obtained exclusively by TVLine, shows Crane and Mills facing down whatever’s in their path. Per new showrunner Clifton Campbell, that’ll be a whole host of new trouble.

“The season premiere is about the return of what we call the Second Tribulation has begun, and a return of the Witnesses to duty,” Campbell told TVLine as part of our in-depth Fall Preview Q&A.

Season 3 also will see the addition of series regulars Lance Gross as Abbie’s FBI boss/possible romantic interest Daniel, Zach Appelman as Sheriff Corbin’s son Joe, Nikki Reed as Betsy Ross and Shannyn Sossamon as mysterious newcomer Pandora.

Sleepy Hollow returns to Fox on its new night on Thursday, Oct. 1, after Bones. Get a good look at the poster below (click to zoom), arched eyebrows and all, then hit the comments with your predictions about the new season!
SleepyHollow_Season3_Poster

1. Jerry says:

The Lance Hunter with a beer photo underneath the Sleepy Hollow one perfectly shows how I feel about this upcoming season of the show. Season 2 of Sleepy Hollow was a mess, and nothing I’ve heard so far about season 3 makes me excited. Season 1 was amazing… I just. I’ll watch, and hope I’m wrong.

2. Taylor says:

Let’s hope that TPTB focus on Team Witness this year. Their partnership and chemistry is so imperative and they need to be on the same page. Especially because Tom and Nicole are magic together. Season 3 was beyond sloppy and all about Crane’s family drama. Do not sideline Abbie, give us the tough Mills’ Sisters and go back to the fun, scary and outlandish show from season one. It’s not rocket science.

• worldtraveler9 says:

Season 3 was beyond sloppy?

• SuzyQ says:

ITA.
      This show it at its best when it showcases its central ‘family’ relationships – meaning, Crane and Abbie – Abbie and Jenny – Abbie and Corbin (I REALLY hope they keep doing flashbacks or other stuff with Corbin – he’s such a grounding, fatherly influence on Abbie, even in death, and it’s a lovely parallel with some of the ways Crane interacts with her as well.)

Especially, focusing on those relationships, now that Crane’s lost his own family permanently, would draw some really nice parallels, without having to bring those characters back.

I hope they’ve kept Matt Barr (Hawley), though…I really loved how he and Tom played off each other. A lovely, sassy yin/yang bro-ship going on.

If the writers missed all of these strengths in their show, though (and I’m afraid they might have), then I am apprehensive for the future. This silly show crossover idea sounds terrible, and I kind of loathe Shannyn Sossamon, so…..we’ll see.

3. Curious says:

Old photos. Was FOX too cheap to spring for some new portraits of the cast, especially considering they both changed their look?

• That one person says:

Finally, although that’s definitely an old photo of Tom since he’s wearing the wig there and Crane has since gotten a new ‘do. Glad to see the cropped version is of Nicole, though.

• Hodan says:

It is not only Fox. CW shows do the same as well. I guess it cheaper that way.

• Brigid says:

They did? I haven’t seen any new pictures of either actor. Where did you see that?

• Marissa says:

I’m wondering the same thing Brigid, everyone keeps mentioning how they have new looks, and I haven’t seen that anywhere! I just did a Google search too – nothing.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLINE has a great picture in our upcoming Fall Preview Spectacular. –Mgmt.

• cristal says:

you’ll find new pics on the sleepy hollow twitter page, as well as on Aaron Baiers twitter page. Plus Nicole and Tom will be doing joint panels this weekend at Dragon Con, in Atlanta. In my opinion Fox/Sleepy Hollow messed up by cancelling their panels at SDCC, but this one is in Atlanta so there should be new pics/interviews.:)

4. sam says:

Nicole Beharie is so gorgeous!

5. emw says:

They moved Sleepy Hollow to Thursday up against ABCs TGIT. I love Sleepy Hollow and was so happy that they got a 3rd season after the mess of season 2, but I hope they really go off of DVR playback for the ratings because my loyalty is to TGIT. I will watch Sleepy hollow at 11 pm or Friday morning

6. Car says:

FINALLY! Some Sleepy promo! If I didn’t know better, I’d think Fox was trying to get this fabulous show, cancelled! I have high hope for S3 and that TPTB got fan’s msg. We want BOTH witnesses front and center and to focus on the brilliance of S1 that made it such a hit!

• Brooke says:

Why would they TRY to get it cancelled? They are the boss, they could have cancelled it if they wanted to cancel it. They renewed it instead, so…..

• Really? says:

FOX does a lot of incredibly stupid stuff that ends up getting shows cancelled and done so for a frustrating amount of years. It’s not surprising some of us that know better are starting to suspect that they may sometimes try to get shows cancelled. Any network that has a hit show and then changes everything or most of what made it popular in the first place must have a death wish for the show.

7. Gina says:

Finally an Official Poster!! Can’t wait for Sleepy Hollow to return!

8. Steven says:

Considering this season will not focus on the headless horseman this promo has nothing to do with what’s to come.

9. jas says:

I’m expecting this to be the last season. But maybe it will improve

10. cusegirl says:

The “Second” Tribulation. So were not leaving the Biblical stuff behind? Good good….

Would be nice if these promos were new tho…..

11. Mr. Tran K says:

What a cool poster but it’s going to be a tough situation for Sleepy Hollow now that it’s on Thursdays @ 9 starting October 1st facing off against Blacklist & Scandal.

12. Melissa says:

I think they’re banking on that initial Nikki Reed buzz to bring in new viewers. Guess what, Fox? The initial buzz was mostly BAD. I agree we need to bring in more viewers, but you’re trying to establish an entirely new fandom when there is one already in place that LOVE this show. I agree Nikki Reed might bring in some new fans via her Twilight connections and TVD fandom (unfortunately that’s only through her husband’s popularity as a star of the show) but even though a show like TVD has a rabid, engaged fandom the ratings are a FRACTION of network shows–I seriously doubt putting all the eggs in that basket will be worth it. If anything, we’ll get a few more teens in the fandom, or rather forming another branch of the fandom since they’ll be there for the Betsy Ross character only, but the change in viewership based on NR will be minimal. What might happen is the die-hard fans who’ve been around since the beginning will be so turned off by this new direction, they leave and the show dies. I hope I’m wrong and look forward to eating my words.

I also don’t mean to insult the new showrunner, perhaps he has better plans for the show, but I started to watch The Glades on Netflx and didn’t like what I saw. I only three episodes so far, so maybe it improves, but it so far comes off as standard USA channel fare and isn’t anywhere near as compelling and original as Sleepy. It’s a generic procedural employing the typical tropes that work for such a model but disguised with some less-than-cleverly inserted humor to make it all go down a bit more smoothly. If Sleepy Hollow turns into something like that, I’m not around.

• SuzyQ says:

Totally agree about the Empire promo. Sick to the back teeth of that. Been watching SYTYCD on-demand, and I have to sit through 20 minutes of long-form ads for this stupid show that I have no intention of watching.

And yet, Sleepy Hollow? Not a single ad for that.

• Really? says:

How do you know it’s stupid if you don’t watch it? (-_-;) Don’t blame Empire, blame FOX and their lopsided way of always doing business.

• SuzyQ says:

I know it’s stupid (to me) because I have less than no interest in the music industry, and rich people showing off their wealth. Fair enough?

13. Ngl, I wish this poster featured their new looks, however, I’m glad to finally see an official poster for season 3. Kudos for using a cropped version of Nicole. Her face is lovely and should be used more often than it has been. Oct 1st can’t get here fast enough.

14. I’m happy for any promo at all, but Fox is treating Sleepy Hollow like an unwanted stepchild. We’ve clearly seen the new haircuts/look for both Witnesses, yet they’re recycling old photos for this promo pic. Nearly all of Fox’s budget goes to Empire, with a few bucks reserved for Gotham (not a fan at ALL), and Sleepy gets the shaft and has to use old photos. I’m not trying to be intentionally pessimistic; it’s just confounding that they swear to love this show (they DID renew it) but seem to work against it. Empire hardly needs promo, just a quick, fun commercial/tweet to remind fans and give them the return date. Sleepy Hollow NEEDS all the promotion it can get.

• kmw says:

Yes there are a lot of FOX shows that need promotion, especially Sleepy Hollow given the night its on, but FOX only promotes what is hot to them and Empire and Gotham are the only returning shows that are hot to them besides their promotion of new shows. Idol will also get lots of promotion for last season so I wouldn’t expect too much more for Sleepy or any other FOX show for that matter

15. JDH says:

You didn’t mention Jenny…? Please tell me I haven’t missed something & she’s still a part of the show…

16. Mamma Mia says:

Looking forward to the new Season; don’t know if I can watch it since so many shows have been moved to Thursday. Scheduling is a mess on that night!!! :(

17. evababy says:

Clever tagline. Bad poster. Yes, both Tom and Nicole are ridiculously pretty people, but this poster has none of the wit the show in known for. Last year’s poster was fantastic.

18. buttercupscarlett95 says:

I love Sleepy Hollow! The season finale burned a lot of bridges, though. I’m interested to see where they’ll take the story this season. Just give me lots of Ichabod dealing with modernity and I’m happy.

19. Lysh says:

Nicole is so pretty. And I like the tagline. It’s going to weird to have a Sleepy Hollow with no Headless or Katrina, but they wrote them into the ground. I’m afraid this will turn into just another Supernatural. But I’ll definitely be watching.

20. lechatnoir says:

Ichabod is a photoshop victim here . That image is dreadful.

21. N79 says:

Can’t wait but still a little bit scared hoping they go back to how s1 was

22. T says:

I’d be more excited if the photos were new and it looked like someone actually made an effort in creating it. I’ve seen fan photos that are better. This fandom has had enough patience with the network and their lack of promotion and the not-so-appealing spoilers released.

23. Pamela says:

Ready for season 3 . Expecting a great season with lots of surprises. Want to see more promotion for the show . Looking forward to Team Witness taking on more mystery & supernatural surprises .

24. flo says:

Two headed monster would be a great storyline for the writers to explore, as opposed to the two backed monster – unless its Ichabbie. Yes I said it.

25. Jules says:

Have been going through withdrawals since the ending of last season. DVR hard drive took a dump and erased ALL my saved episodes. Still peeved about it!

Looking forward to the new season. Having to wait another month has me in edge. Wondering what the relationship will be like between the Lt. and Crane???

26. Really? says:

Maybe they have such closeups in the promo because they don’t want to reveal the new hairstyles, and/or if they pulled back to show the old ones, it would seem even sillier.

27. Cathy says:

I am totally smitten with Sleepy. Can not believe you only give it short seasons. Can’t wait till to me new season starts. I hope the comments I’ve been reading are not true to a bad s3. That is the only program on Fox that interests me at all. Not interested In Gotham or Empire nothing else is of any interest . you really need to give this show the attention and respect it deserves. I noticed you can buy the first 2 seasons on DVD if that’s the way I have to go to watch I will.

28. Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Noel Roberts says:

Considering they separated them in the off season, I’m not sure how I feel. It makes no sense that Abbie would leave Ichabod and the fight for a year. I can’t even make sense of that. Then they have him going off to find himself. Huh? I thought fighting the good fight was their focus. This kind of writing is why I’m a little nervous about season 3. I’m just crossing my fingers that they don’t screw it up because I truly don’t believe the writers or producers understand what they have. I don’t think they appreciate the chem and seem to just want to ignore it. Yes, I enjoyed the stories better the first year but it was more than that. It’s not about them being together intimately. I just enjoyed their interaction and closeness and that goes for all of them. They truly had each other’s backs. Really hope they go back to that.

30. Ayannali says:

Great! Sleepy Hollow back on 01 Oct at 9….
    Not so great…up directly against Scandal??! It is cruel to make me choooooose!

31. Dewnotes says:

Why is it on TGIT? The Blacklist and Scandal already has 9pm on Thursday filled. I don’t have, and I’m not getting a DVR to record more than 2 shows at a time. I’m sorry, I love them but I’ll have to catch Sleep Hollow on the FOX app, (when it works). I wish them luck on Thursday night. And I hope it’s a good season. Saw the promo on tv once in the past week, did a double take on both new hair. Can’t say I’m a fan of either style. I expect it will grow on me.