Fall TV Preview

Scream Queens' Killer Opening Credits Unmasked

I scream. You scream. We all scream for Scream Queens‘ opening credits.

Well, you can pipe down now ’cause they’re here.

Series co-creator Ryan Murphy unveiled the stylish, spooky, cheeky 100-second sequence Wednesday on his new YouTube channel.

Turn the volume down on your smart phone or computer, press PLAY and then react.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Really hope they should put the opening credits on every episode of Scream Queens and that would be a great idea.

2. Matt C. says:

It’s a cool video.but I can imagine getting annoyed with this very quickly if they plan on playing it in every single episode.

• SAMP says:

It will be a way shorten version.

• Wordsmith says:

I think a recut short version will actually be much better.
        This version has nice imagery, but it’s all over the place. The editing is repetitive and asymmetrical – just give us one stylish setup with each character screaming, which transitions to another shot of them looking smirky or sinister. Tell us a story about these people rather than just bombarding us with random images.

• Christian says:

But that exactly is what the show is going to be, Wordsmith: a bombardment of random images and “stuff that happens” This is what AHS has been reduced to since the phone-in success of Coven.

3. David says:

Wow…that was..awful.

I was looking forward to the show but that would turn me off of the show. It needs to be cut down to 30 seconds. It looked like an 80’s show intro.

4. Luis says:

How much does everyone want Jamie Lee Curtis to be the killer?

5. JJ says:

The opening is KILLER. I’ve seen the pilot and it definitely meets the high expectations. Funny and intriguing. Based on the opening, they’re teasing Lea or Diego as Devil Face. I think it even might be Abigail Breslin.

6. Dave says:

This gives me so much ’90s vibes.
    I actually think they released this to see if people liked it, intros have completely disappeared from broadcast TV and put it back in just one show it’s weird

• Ken says:

Dave, you are so off base with your “completely disappeared” comment. A significant number of tv shows still have opening credits especially anything to do with Ryan Murphy. His AHS openings are iconic now.

• Steven says:

I think Dave meant on Broadcast. Cable shows tend to have much longer and better openings than Broadcast.

• Poster4392 says:

And his Glee opening was a logo and school bell. Not what I’d call revolutionary. I totally agree with David, opening credits are few and far between. I was so disappointed that Fear the Walking Dead went with a title card instead of a full opening.
        I think theres even an Emmy category for outstanding opening credits. I dont think this will get a nom. xoxo

• Dave says:

I meant on broadcast, it’s obvious that they’re almost all over cable TV shows…

7. Erika says:

I thought TV shows don’t have opening credits these days?!Just saying

• brandydanforth81 says:

A lit of shows do-Rizzoli,The 100,Reign,Nashville,Big Bang Theiry,Once Upon a Time,Young & Hungry,,Fosters,Chasing Life,Pretty Little Liars,2Broke Girls,Americas Next Top Model,Melissa & Joey,Drop Dead Diva( when ended a year ago),Tomorrow People did when it aired a couple years ago,Hart of Dixie did( it ended in March ),IZombie does,Devious Maids kinda does,

• Steven says:

Most of those shows have a 10 second opening where they just say the name of the show. Not a full opening credits with cast members.

• Wordsmith says:

You’re right about most of those, though The 100, Reign and iZombie all have a proper opening sequence (yay, CW!). Also, many sitcoms still do an opening – Big Bang Theory and Brooklyn 99, among others.
          On cable, there are as many shows with openings as without, but other broadcast dramas with a full open include Sleepy Hollow, Grimm, Elementary, Hawaii Five-0.

• bryce says:

A lot don’t, but I Ryan Murphy put a lot of thought into the AHS ones so I’m not surprised. Plus I think intros are making a comeback since most Netflix series have decently long ones.

8. Helen says:

Hopefully it will be cut down and tightened up.

9. Ian Barber says:

This looks awful, but dammit, I’ll probably watch anyways!

10. Diz says:

I thought they were screaming because of how awful it all was. WOW! The show was a maybe for me, but that video just completely turned me off.

11. Loved the music from the opening but I don’t know if I liked it at all

12. Eric7740 says:

TOO LONG!!!

13. Sharon says:

A bit much, but pretty darn good. My only ? is where’s Grande.

14. Ron says:

Ugh, clearly people can’t read ‘Super-Sized.’ They’re obviously not going to show a 90-100 second main title sequence every time. It will be significantly cut down, likely to 30-40 seconds. This is just like an extended trailer for a movie. And I don’t understand why some of you complaining about the quality of the opening. Of course the opening is supposed to look cheesy and awful. It’s not a serious drama, it’s a comedy–more specifically, a parodic comedy that’s very self-aware and tongue-in-cheek regarding campy 80s horror films.

15. Alex says:

So basically they show us who won’t survive the first couple of episodes (Ariana Grande, Nick Jonas, that black guy etc.)

16. 'A' Is Alive says:

“Super-sized main title sequence” <– That means, its just an extended version you guys. A shorter version will be used for the show (notice the long break in the middle, that'll be taken out). I don't know why some are whining about it being too long when its obvious its just the extended one.

17. Matty Si. says:

Frankly, I’m surprised Lea Michele isn’t first. I know Emma Roberts is the Lea from AHS but still.Lea made Ryan.

18. liam5794 says:

Hmm. That kinda annoyed me.

19. Kyle says:

That was terrible.

20. Eva says:

Man, this is so much fun! I still don’t know if I’ll even watch one ep of the show, but the intro is great!!!

21. tsevca says:

I love it, but when people die, will they be taken out?