Zoo Ratings Low

Ratings: Zoo Ties Low, Game Night Up

Despite the promise of bloodthirsty camels and conniving zebras, CBS’ Zoo this Tuesday night ticked down to match its series lows, drawing 5.8 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating.

Elsewhere, NBC’s America’s Got Talent (10.4 mil/2.2) was steady yet dominated the night in both measures, while Hollywood Game Night (4.9 mil/1.4) rose 18 and 27 percent.

Fox’s 5th Grader (2.3 mil/0.5) and ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (2.2 mil/0.6) were flat.

1. Gerald says:

Zoo was great. I love all these characters. I look forward to next week. I think the ratings low is still pretty good for a summer show and I hope it gets renewed for next summer.

• wrstlgirl says:

I agree. The animals are hilarious and I love the cast.

• dan says:

Loved all the references to my hometown of Clearwater, Florida in last night’s Zoo, even though they didn’t film there (and none of the locations they visited exist in reality). I like how the characters are speaking with tongues firmly planted in cheeks; the actors seem to know this is a strange story with some glaring plot holes, yet they aren’t playing this as campy or over-the-top drama. Just straight forward conversation with a sense of disbelief and sarcasm in their voices and line readings. I hope it gets renewed for a second season.

2. A says:

will you be posting scream’s season 1 finale ratings?

3. Danny says:

I think CBS will give “Zoo” a reprieve, especially in light of the cancellation of “Under the Dome.” I can’t imagine a third season of “Extant” will materialize, but stranger renewals have happened (“Aqarius,” anyone? Different networks, but still …)

• dan says:

The fact that Extant was renewed for the second season was somewhat of a strange decision (and it has turned out to be a good decision that produced a much better show). I predict they’ll renew Zoo and Extant now that UTD has been cancelled.

4. smartysenior says:

Zoo requires an animal flipping out each week to work. This week had a smidgen of angry animals in the back of a truck (I’d be mad too) but not one with the bad eye. It therefore didn’t work as well, sorry but the human stories don’t interest me as much as all the special effects animals. I will never forget the bear following the woman through her house, hilarious.

• prish says:

They should have a flipped out animal, then solve that species problem, every week. Onto a different flipped out animal species, the following week. That could be fun.

5. EWood says:

I too like the Zoo however they did jump the shark when they got them all placed on the “outlaws” list. Come on that is so lame for a modern day story line. Nevertheless I still love the show and will continue to watch it.

• prish says:

The husband was moaning and groaning about all of them being outlaws making the plotting hard. Who would have ever thought a budding screenplay writer was sitting on the couch.

6. So Happy says:

Season 2 please! ♡~♡~♡~♡

7. Camille says:

Zoo is so ridiculous now. The only character worth following is Mitch. The ONLY reason to watch is because of the crazy animals. When you take that away, the human factor seem like they are walking through molasses. Cancel it! It’s disappointing.

8. prish says:

The husband loves this series, and while I’m cooking I watch the animals break out of the truck with the team running after them, and I am thinking, “And they don’t have a tranquillizer gun?” It deserves a renewal for giving families TV fun.

9. KansasGuest says:

CBS does good summer programming. But, why don’t they just produce a book-inspired series every summer by a noted author in an anthology format instead of making fans wait for renewals & cancellations? 2 seasons of UNDER THE DOME could have been followed by 2 seasons of ZOO. The story telling might have been tighter & more focused for UTD, and budgets would be planned better if producers knew they only had 2 seasons. Also, actors would know their commitments would be limited, and could go on to another series or movie roles after that.

• mikemascari says:

That is one of the best ideas i’ve heard in a very long time! Problem is…it makes sense, so it will probably never happen :(

10. Gerry says:

Trust me, they’ll cancel this show……how do I know this? Well, that’s easy…….it’s because I LIKE it, and if I like it, they cancel it.

11. Bubba Stiltskin says:

Zoo cancelled. Hence the 9/15 airing.

12. Dawn D says:

The season finale was a total disappointment for this fan. As a fan I don’t like being jerked around and this felt like it. Also why are they pushing the blond with the younger guy and the younger girl with the older guy. Sorry I like the casting but it just seems wrong pairing wise for me. I’m hoping they plan on giving us a good 2nd season to fully wrap this story up.

13. Karen Biedul says:

I enjoyed this series, the last shows ending was fantastic. Hope they survive the Zoo animal attack, and come back next Summer. I love the cast, and the two strong female leads especially.