Whispers Finale Ratings

Ratings: Whispers Ends With 4-Week High, SYTYCD Ties Series Low

ABC’s The Whispers on Monday night beamed aboard 2.8 million total viewers while scoring a 0.7 demo rating, ticking up to hit four-week highs in both measures.

Opening ABC’s night, Bachelor in Paradise (5.2 mil/1.5) fell three tenths while After Paradise (3.8 mil/1.0) was flat.

Elsewhere….

NBC | American Ninja Warrior (7.2 mil/2.1) drew its second-largest audience ever while matching a season high in the demo. Running Wild (3.6 mil/1.3) came within a tenth of its season high.

FOX | So You Think You Can Dance (3 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth to tie its series low in the demo.

THE CW | Penn & Teller (2.1 mil/0.6) and Significant Mother (920K/0.3) ticked up, while Whose Line (1.8 mil/0.7) hit a season high in the demo.

1. awalker says:

I really enjoyed The Whispers. Is it a miniseries or will it be back next summer?

• LC says:

I thought the Whispers got a very slow start and had several episodes piled up on my DVR. As it turned out, I happened to binge watch them on Sunday afternoon and found that this show would be great in the “Orange is the New Black” format on Netflix or Amazon. Film and release the whole season at once and let the viewers watch as quickly or slowly as they like. Please, Netflix! If ABC cancels, pick this one up!! I need to know what happens to Claire and the children!

2. SUSO says:

Did the Whispers finale provide any sort of closure?

3. N says:

I liked the last 5 mins.

4. Gerri says:

I don’t know where else to post about this, but Bachelor in Paradise…. Can they really call it Paradise? Crabs everywhere, Jellyfish in the water, terrible wind and rain storms. A beach that is mostly rocky outcrops, and of course the people. Paradise would have none of those things.
    I really enjoy Whispers and Significant Mother.

5. Jared says:

Im really curious to see what The CW is gonna do with Significant Mother.

6. Ellinas1978 says:

Nice ending. No need for a second season if we don’t get it.

7. B says:

The Whispers ended before it really got going. I hope it comes back next season, looks doubtful though.

8. Dennis says:

Any word on season 2?!?!

9. AW says:

Overall, this series was too slow for me, and Claire wasn’t that great of a character for me to sit through this summer.

10. dj says:

I’m guessing The Whispers won’t be renewed which is too bad, because I’d love to see what happened to those people who vaporized in “the beams”.

11. cookie says:

AWESOME ending CLAIR was great oh my gosh what a sacrifice she made, she got it it’s what DrilI was saying. She gave her life for Henry. To bad Minx couldn’t be saved. I think Henry will be used to find the adults, who were taken as children and thru them they will lure DrilI back to earth for a fight. But not before Claire tries to do her worst while in captivaty. She’s up a river without a paddle. We’ll done. Love’d it. ABC don’t cancel it!!!

12. Diz says:

I really enjoyed Whispers. It started off slow but really got going after a couple episodes. I’m glad I stuck with it. I think it works great as a summer series.

13. Kieran says:

Hooked from the beginning watching The Whispers…. Need a second season for sure…. Please please please renew…. I need a second season…!!

14. Mark says:

Had high hopes for this series. Like most people here, I was like a roller coaster. Slow and picked up speed, then it dragged on, ending better the last few episodes. Hope they do renew.

15. Kristina says:

I want Whispers back…they always take away good shows!!!