Exclusive

The Voice's Season 9 Coaches Want Bette Midler to Do What?!

The Voice‘s four red chairs are an essential part of its DNA — but nine seasons in, you can’t blame the show’s coaches for indulging in a little “What if?” daydreaming.

In the following exclusive video, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani offer their dream picks for a fifth coach — and their answers range from the ridiculous (let’s just say Blake’s candidate isn’t exactly known for her pipes) to the sublime (Adam might be on to something!).

Press PLAY below for a trip down Wild Speculation Lane, then hit the comments and brainstorm your own “5th coach” options!

1. Tammy Bott says:

I agree with Gwen and Adam. Bette Midler would be an awesome addition to the voice as well as Barbara Streisand. I really like Blake but unfortunately, this time around he is not thinking with his head on his shoulders. Kate, I’m sure would have great opinions as millions of us at home watchers but Blake only wants her there as eye candy for himself. Sorry Blake, this is a music talent competition.

2. Sue says:

Bette Midler, WOW!!!! she is outstanding!

3. Gretchen says:

Play button missing so can make a comment without info on judges choices.

4. shar says:

Bette Midler would be great. Such an amazing talent. I can’t even imagine Barbra Streisand doing the voice, but that too would be amazing.

5. LADY_in_MD says:

If Bette sees this video this please be one of the mentors this season you would be awesome!
    Had the pleasure of seeing her in her current tour and it was Amazing!

6. Jeannie Deschesnes says:

Bette is the one or Barbra Streisand both are fabulous

7. ALAN BOWNDS says:

How about Alan Jackson. That would be awesom

8. Flame says:

Hmmm….from the judges choices I would have to go with Bette Midler or Kermit the Frog. However, my choice would be either Stevie Nicks or “Pink”.

9. faeriewhings says:

Bette, yes.

How about Sheryl Crow? Beck? Dion Farris? Bjork? All amazing talents with a lot to offer up and comings.

10. Florence+TheMachineRules!!! :) #MariahSlays says:

Bette mindler would be ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Other choices I’d love would be Florence Welch, Jojo, Mariah Carey, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, Cher, and Reba

11. K. Atkinson says:

Guest judge-either Steve Perry or Daryl Hall. Need I say more?

12. Shane Jones says:

I’d say they should ask for a legitimate rock singer to come on like Brian Johnson or Robert Plant. Bette Midler and Barbara Streisand are great singers and all, but I’d like to see a judge come on the voice and have experience with gritty vocals, insane party concerts and overall badassness.

13. Linda Petrone says:

I have to agree, Bette Midler it should be! She would add such fun to the show. Come on producers, get ahold of Bette and watch viewership go through the roof

14. Lisa M says:

I have always thought that Pat Benatar should be tapped for any musical show out there. She’s a classic.

15. Linda Davis says:

The Divine Miss M would be an incredible choice. She sings so many different styles … Love Her! Barbara would be fabulous but not sure she has the time.
    I know Blake and Pharrell were both kidding around but my question … Is the show truly considering a 5th judge?

16. Pat says:

Stevie Wonder. He would not be distracted with the outfits that the other judges seem to judge………………

17. kimberly says:

EMINEM WOULD BE A GREAT CHOICE FOR A COACH ON THE VOICE. PURE TALENT

18. Big Grandma says:

I would like tgo see Tina Turner, Alan Jackson or Carrie Underwood

19. l.c. says:

Annie Lenox would be a great additon!

20. Kathleen Ryan Napier says:

BETTE MIDLER would be a show stopper!!!! Would ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

21. Hell yes to the Divine Miss M! I’d also vote for Shania Twain, Dolly Parton, Alanis Morisette, or Cyndi Lauper.

22. Dianna says:

Need a rocker, Joan Jett, Stevie Nicks, AC/DC member, Bruce Springsteen, but Bette Midler would be fabulous and make the judge panel well rounded.

23. Tam Taylor says:

YES!!! Bette Midler would be GREAT!!!!! She would add so much musical talent and knowledge AND she would be great fun with all the other judges esp. Blake!!

24. Will the show even be the same? Now that Blake (now divorcing) And Gwen (now divorcing) have come together as a hot romantic couple? Its gonna be weird! Gwen has been with Gavin for years and I just cant see her dating Blake! Found this out on the news at 3am. Didnt believe it and googled it. OMG its true!

25. Better Miller or Barbra Streisand , WOW.That would be awesome!!!