Exclusive

Vampire Diaries Deleted Scene: Are Stefan & Caroline Really 'Just Friends'?

Elena’s hibernation might have been the focus of The Vampire Diaries‘ sixth season finale, but the milestone hour was also a biggie for fans of Stefan and Caroline’s slow-burning whatever.

And as luck would have it, TVLine has an exclusive deleted scene from the finale — fresh off the Season 6 Blu-ray, on sale Sept. 1 — which offers a little more insight into Caroline’s complicated feelings for her best friend’s ex. (Agree or disagree: Doesn’t the fact that it’s Enzo who calls out Caroline for getting “cozy” with Stefan make the whole thing even better?)

“We’re just friends,” she tells him, before raising this highly legitimate point: “We were unconscious and you shoved us on top of each other!”

Caroline quickly shifts the conversation back to Sleeping Beauty Elena, at which point Enzo shows her a rare moment of gentlemanly kindness.

Hit PLAY on the deleted scene above, then drop a comment below: What are your hopes for Stefan and Caroline in Season 7?

1. Katy says:

What is it about Caroline that even the villains like her in some way? Even Katherine warmed up to her a bit towards the end.

• Wordsmith says:

Blame Candice Accola – she seems to have great chemistry with pretty much everyone, which inevitably ends up steering her storylines once the writers see it on film.

2. Zia says:

“Cozy.. Backseat kind of friends”… Enzo is a total shipper… Love Love Stefan & Caroline..

3. nqma znachenie says:

Enzo is just like us hes a Steroline shipper <3

4. Lily M. says:

Great!!! -_- Another character who has to tell me how perfect Caroline and Stefan are together., apparently by myself I can’t find out…yep, not at all subtle.

5. Kate says:

Oh, Enzo is always polite to Caroline, she’s the only one who seems to be his friend in return, I just hope he remembers that point when the Heretics come crashing in.

6. Zia says:

So Candice is pregnant.. How are the incorporating this? I need Steroline to be ok &I need answers… ANDYYYYY!!!!

7. Dominique says:

this just proves once more that TVD missed out on a huge opportunity when they decided to shove CarEnzo aside for steroline.

• TALIA says:

Yassss! I think many people who loved Klaroline also enjoy Carenzo brotp because, like Klaus, Enzo actually appreciates her as person and not what she does for him (shoulder to cry on/makes him feel like a hero). And Enzo (as illustrated in this clip) is generally very thoughtful with Caroline and is willing to help and can intuit what she wants without her begging.

Caroline is her best self when surrounded by characters who respect her, see her value and potential and allow her to be empowered and independent. That definitely wasn’t Damon, Matt treated her like trash, Tyler ended up taking her for granted and didn’t value her opinion, Stefan seems to only care when he needs something from her or can be her white knight. Not even Bonnie or Elena have given Caroline as much respect as Enzo and Klaus did after only a short time.
      Everyone else treats Caroline like they are doing her a favor by being with her/being her friend but klaus and Enzo treat it like she’s the one doing them the favor.

• Megan says:

I agree! I really loved the potential of Carenzo they actually have chemistry….that scene with them in the car and he turned her crying face towards his. ugh!! What a waste for a completely boring couple.

8. Megan says:

If Candice’s pregnancy is SC “curveball”! I really wouldn’t put it past Plec to make some stupid loop hole for Caroline to have gotten pregnant. How many more ways is she going to make me hate this couple?

• Steve says:

Vampires can’t have babies – That was clearly stated in Series 1 by Damon; in the episode where he took Elena on a road trip to a bar in Georgia.

Therefore unless Julie Plec is prepared to go back on this statement, it won’t be possible for Caroline to get pregnant. They’ll just have to shoot Candace from the shoulders upwards.

9. Maryann says:

I have never cared for Caroline and Stefan together or Caroline and Klaus, and I definitely don’t want to see her with Enzo. Tyler was the one she had chemistry with. I’m not saying Tyler is the only love interest that will work for her, just none of the choices that have been suggested. I will watch this coming season, but I would far rather watch non-love interest story lines, or a story line that finds a love interest for Bonnie than watching the zero chemistry of Stefan and Caroline going through the motions together.

10. shutuprob says:

Honestly, I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter how much I like the idea of Caroline and Stefan together — I think we were all seduced by the fact that Candice Accola is hee-larious and can push anybody’s buttons through humor — there’s just no romantic chemistry there. If they want Stefan to end up with a blonde vampire with whom he *does* have chemistry, then they need to unkill Lexi (and therefore, wrest Arielle Kebbel away from Ballers). And that would leave Caroline free to play the field, including diverting Damon and Bonnie’s attentions away from each other by making a play for Damon, the Salvatore brother that Caroline does have romantic chemistry with.

11. Mark says:

The big question after the actress announcement today is how many episodes will she actually appear in this season

12. Sharon says:

Yeah….Enzo is not a Stefan fan so he’s not pushing them together! Caroline and Enzo seem to have a great friendship, he appreciates her and would do anything for her. I hope he is there for her in season 7.

13. Lynn says:

Julie and Dryeyed better not even make Caroline pregnant. UGH!! This sterolize hot mess needs to be over real quick!!

14. zed says:

Carenzo had THE Epic potential to be the will they won’t get together, with amazing dialogue to be had, but the EP and the writers missed on that gold, in my opinion. Steroline is just boring, Yeah, Stefan and Lexie- that would have been amazing!! Shame, ince again, missed opportunity to have a chatacter loads loved just being super underused. And, the two characters that have romantic sizzle crying out on the screen, i.e Bonnie and Damon, will just be in the friend zone.
    Huh, I guess Caroline will have a magical baby like Hayley did!! Meh

15. zed says:

Happy for Candice about baby news! :)

16. Rach tchi says:

I hope caroline gets to her senses and goes to new orleans to Klaus.
    #klaroline

17. wishing for a STEROLINE baby :D I really really love both of them together <3