Obama Running Wild

President Obama Will Be Running Wild With Bear Grylls

President Barack Obama is set to go Running Wild With Bear Grylls, NBC announced on Monday.

President Obama will trek through the Alaskan wilderness with series host/survival expert Bear Grylls, to observe the effects of climate change on the area. Along the way, POTUS will receive a crash course in survival techniques from Grylls.

President Obama’s visit will be taped and aired on NBC later this year.

1. Ari says:

I’m surprised they would allow him to do that while in office. I look forward to seeing the episode though. Alaska is beautiful.

• Nek38583 says:

I agree with you, I am going to watch the episode because I think it would be interesting. I do love Obama, but I was shock. I did not understand why he would even want to do it, and I did not think they would let him do with him being the President and security reasons.

• m3rcnate says:

I imagine there won’t be anything death defying like in other episodes with actors/actresses. MAYBE some harness/rope stuff but not tied to a tree and no walking along a cliff with just being tied to Bear as safety.

2. Daya says:

Sign me up…to watch, ’cause let’s face it: I’d never be able to Run Wild with Bear! O.o

3. Lyn says:

Wow! Talk about Nero fiddling while Rome burns. SMDH

• David says:

Right, because no President has ever taken a day off. Nevermind the face that Obama hasn’t taken nearly as many as Bush, whom I’m sure you never criticize. Seriously, Lyn, get a clue.

• Ron says:

You’re way more negative and unforgiving about this than you should be. The point of him doing this is to observe the effects of climate change and bring it to the attention of the public. It’s a serious issue that needs to be discussed, he’s just doing it in a more fun way. That’s actually intelligent. Teachers employ this technique all the time. More people are likely to watch this and learn about climate change than they are to just decide to listen to Obama or anyone lecture them about climate change. Also, by doing it on television, viewers will get a chance to visually see how climate change is affecting us and the world around us. I’m not saying there aren’t things to criticize Obama for, because there are (just like with any president). But this really isn’t one of them.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

President Obama on Running Wild? That’s politically awesome.

5. Jake Brown says:

Ugh. This is beneath the office of President. That’s nothing new for this POTUS though.

6. Eric says:

I wonder how many billions that cost for his ego in chief to do that. Flying to Alaska sure isn’t going to help the global warming “crisis”.

7. Beckers0505 says:

I think this is pretty awesome! Of course there will be haters. But I can’t wait to watch!!!

8. Lisa says:

You all do know what that hand sign means, right? It’s the sign of the devils horns.

9. lisa says:

Hopefully a big hungry bear 🐻 will eat him.

10. jon says:

Because he will still be in office, I bet it will be “Walking Wild With Bear Grylls”.

11. Thomas hunter says:

This is the most important thing that idiot has to do?? Yet another reason to AVOID this network.

12. Charles says:

Good lord. Is there anything Presidential about this guy? this is so below the level of the President.
    But if he is going to do it, then is it really survival with all the Secret Service by him?

13. graze says:

Wonder how the Secret Service going were selected, volunteers, or by skills sets. That would be interesting to see…

14. HAP says:

So many negative comments about President Obama. You losers ought to realize that if it was constitutionally allowed, he would easily win a third term.

15. Carla Krae says:

Very surprised he’ll be allowed to do this in office. Yeah, Bear’s trips on this show are only 2 days (48 hours), but still. Plus, it’ll be freezing by mid-Sept., so they pretty much have to do this now. Trying to go in winter is insane. If they mean the “broadcast year”, then it could be filmed next spring and air shortly afterword. Still……I thought it would be an announcement of what he’s doing after his term is up. Oy.

16. Evan says:

Sadly, Palin will take the oppurtunity to try to hunt him.

17. AW says:

I would prefer POTUS to do this show after he retires from the White House first.

18. Tom W. says:

Frikkin idiotic – what the hell is the Leader of the Free World doing trekking with Bear Grills. Oh how the mighty office has fallen. Maybe POTUS will eat a urine soaked Rat like others have.

19. Carla Krae says:

Update about this on the news – Obama is in Alaska right now for a 3-day trip including this taping, walking on a glacier, and the renaming of Mt. McKinley back to Denali.

20. demographically insignificant says:

Fascinating! Would love to see the outtakes and behind the scenes footage from this episode!

21. greatfull most iedea personilty of you every president lesson fro you i saliut …