Irizarry Days of Our Lives

All My Children Vet Vincent Irizarry Joins Days of Our Lives — Get Details

Soap opera vet Vincent Irizarry will next hang his hat in Salem, USA.

TVLine has learned that the Daytime Emmy-winning All My Children alum (Libidozone, anyone?) is joining NBC’s Days of Our Lives as Deimos, a new character who has strong ties to the Kiriakis family.

Irizarry’s other previous TV credits include The Young and the Restless, Guiding Light, NCIS: Los Angeles and Homeland.

His Days episodes will start airing in mid-January 2016.

1. Nek38583 says:

Could this be a Xander recast ?

• Poster4392 says:

I doubt it. He’s older than Xander, and he’s missing the accent.

I cant wait for Vincent to debut on Days!! I’m sure they’ll get rid of him just as quickly though. So much talent wasted on Days. Melissa Archer could have done really well had they hired her as a recast, but new characters dont do well on Days, legacy characters do well, new characters with no ties to the core always flop.

• Brian says:

Not the case with characters like Rafe, but I hear what you are saying. Most newbies don’t do well at all on Days unless they are recasts or related to someone already on the show and in a major family (and even some of those don’t do well). Vincent should really be playing Peter Blake but if he is a Kiriakis, that might work as well.

2. Kathleen B. says:

That is the best news I’ve heard in a long time! Love love love Vince and I think he will be perfect for Days!!

3. Cassie says:

I don’t watch Days but I did watch AMC. Vincent is a great actor and I’m sure he will quickly become a fan favorite. Now if Michael E. Knight was joining the show, I might actually tune in. There will always be a special place in my heart for the man who played Tad the Cad.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

From Pine Valley to Salem. Great to see Vincent Irizarry back on daytime TV.

5. JM says:

Good for him! One of the most talented and handsome actors on daytime TV. I just wish he would come to GH and be with Anna. Those two actors had mad chemistry on AMC.

6. Ashley says:

He’ll always be Lujack to me.

7. Mollytanner says:

Vincent Irizarry and Judi Evans reunited! DAYS needs to pair them up again.

8. Kathryn63 says:

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED VI (VINCENT IRRIZARY) FROM GUIDING LIGHT AS LUJACK & NICK MCHENRY!! NOW I DON’T LIKE DAYS BECAUSE I THINK IT IS A HORRIBLE SOAP THAT IS FIXING TO BE CANCELED!

• Kathryn63 says:

P.S. I MEAN ! MAY HAVE TO START WATCHING THE EPISODES THAT HE IS JUST ON NOT THE SHOW AS A WHOLE! JUST LIKE I DID WITH MELISSA ARCHER (MA) ON DAYS & MICHAEL EASTON (ME) ON GH! A COUPLE /PAIRING I MISS SOOOOO MUCH (JOLIE)..AND U MISS OLTL SOOOOO. MUCH. THEY.WERE.UNCEREMONIOUSLY OUSTED FROM THEIR. RESPECTIVE SOAPS THEY WERE ON DAYS & GH! MADE.ME SOOOOO MAD , BUT THEY WERE WAYYYYY TOO GOOD FOR THOSE SOAPS! HERE IS SOOOOO HOPING THEY LAND ON Y&R OR B&B!! !!!!

• ami says:

excuse me. I love days of our lives. Guiding light was so BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. shirley Manor says:

Vincent I am so glad you will have a role on Days. You are,a terrific actor and I was so very happy when you won a Emmy.

10. jeanette says:

So happy to see Vincent Irizarry back on Soap Operas Still very handsome,

11. Deborah Owens says:

One of the best love-to-hate characters from AMC. Hopefully he will be given plots, etc that will suit him, his talent and diversity.

12. Miriam says:

Very happy that Vincent joined days I hope he stays forever, love his style and finnese