MTV VMAs Miley Cyrus

MTV VMAs Best & Worst Moments: Rebel Wilson's F-Bomb, Nicki Minaj's Shade, Taylor's Clean Sweep and More

When Miley Cyrus was announced as the host of the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards, we knew the ceremony would be wild, crazy and heavily censored — but somehow, we still weren’t ready for what went down on that stage.

During the two-and-a-half-hour telecast, Justin Bieber made a comeback (of sorts), Kanye West announced his 2020 presidential bid, Nicki Minaj threw plenty of shade and Miley, of course, showed us her boob.

But those were only half of the watercooler moments that MTV delivered on Sunday night, all of which we’ve compiled into a gallery for those of you who couldn’t bear to have this program taking up precious DVR space.

Click through the photos below — or click here for direct access — to see the wackiest, weirdest VMA moments we’ve highlighted, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the eventful night!

1. Allen says:

That was not shade. That was direct. lol

2. Lizo says:

Great night for Taylor. Loved seeing her squad out and her teasing friendships with both Minaj and West.

3. AngelWasHere says:

I say every year I’m not going watch this crap and I end up watching it anyway. What is wrong with me?! Anyway, Nicki clapping back at Miley was awesome! I was like “oh no she didn’t!” Best moment of the show, because the rest was boring with a few good performances sprinkled in.

• 'A' Is Alive says:

Clapping back for what? Stating HER opinion? I didn’t see Nicki get mad with anyone else after the “feud” who didn’t like her actions. But since Miley was the host and it was live, she decides to act like that? Yeah, no.

• Mick says:

Clapping back for commenting on an issue when she was not clear what was going then launching into a personal attack of ” Nicki is not a nice person”. Miley a racist cultural appropriator told the Black woman ( who actually experiences racism) how to handle her experience of racism while mocking black culture.

• Amanda says:

Ummmm…I’m Black (or African-American as most of us would actually say) and I thought what Miley said was pretty accurate. Nicki actually made herself look petty by her remarks because PLENTY of females (rappers or not) have come for her and she picks Miley Cyrus to come for??? Bet she would never say that to Lil Kim……just saying!

• AngelWasHere says:

Just so you know I don’t like Nicki Minaj or Miley. I was just laughing at the drama. ;)

4. Chris says:

Possibly one of the worst hosts and worst awards shows ever produced.

5. Gailer says:

At first I felt sad for Kanye then he twisted it. Great show as always

6. Cassie says:

I feel sorry for Miley. I think she has a bit of talent but she has become a joke. As soon as it was announced that she would host the VMA’s, I knew she would try to “shock” us by wearing as little as possible. What she doesn’t get is that she has become predictable, which translates to her being extremely boring.

7. job says:

This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.

Brief but very precise information… Many thanks for sharing this one.
    A must read article!

8. Carrie says:

Why isn’t someone trying to help that girl? I know she’s an adult, but where are her parents? She’s so desperate for attention, she appears to have lost her mind. It’s sad.

• Sarah T says:

Seriously, when Britney did this back in 2007 they called it a melt down and her father stepped in. Oh wait, Billy Ray wouldn’t be much help here so that’s probably why they’re leaving Miley to her own devices…

• Amanda says:

She knows what she’s doing…she needed to do this in order for everyone to stop calling her Hanna Montana and it worked….in a few years she’ll mellow out and finally be seen as the adult she is vs the Disney star everyone wants her to be….mark my words, Taylor Swift is next! She’s getting too old to be singing about high school boyfriends and people still sees her as the “girl next door”……

9. Someone says:

Lmao Nicki’s fake and absolutely pre-planned “clap back”

10. Amelia says:

I really like Taylor Swift but girl, women aren’t “playing” soldiers out in the real world. They are soldiers.

• Mélanie says:

She didn’t say women she said girls, in the sense kids, with a deeper meaning again gendering children to certain things such as toy…

11. Dewey Robinson says:

For me it’s so sad that these poor children don’t get enough attention! Really Miley, I Don’t care anything about seeing your small saggy boob. Kanye, you are a boob! Taylor, just go away. Now I understand why some people get stuck in a certain decade of music. It’s better than the current trash!

12. Dewey Robinson says:

Tried to post a comment but maybe was too explicit. Let me try again. First why is a boob shocking? Kanye is a boob! Taylor, just go away. Artist’s, I don’t think so.

13. Dave says:

Miley Cyrus and west were the 2 worst people on the mtv awards.West has no singing ability and miley has no body to show.
    These awards shows are a waste.Lets have some people that can actually play an instrument.
    Both of them love the attention on these shows no one would ever vote for west.Lets go back to the award show when people had talent and kids looked up to the people getting the award.Now it is nothing more than rap music that all sounds the same.most of them if they were on the stage by them self thay wound not even be picked on any talent shows.

14. liame says:

It’s America grand? Even the trashy ones are entitled.

15. Beckers0505 says:

I had it taped to watch. But then when I read how Nicki acted I decided to delete it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a big Miley fan. However, all she said was Nicki wasnt being very nice and then she goes and calls her a b*tch?! If Miley called her that the world would shut down…

16. Amy J says:

Well, I guess at least no one is ranting about her armpit hair in the article photo…