Justin Bieber VMAs 2015

Justin Bieber Returns to the MTV VMAs: Grade His 'Comeback' Performance

It’s hard to believe that any singer, at the ripe old age of 21, could already require a “comeback” performance, but the facts don’t lie.

Not only has it been more than three years since Justin Bieber released his last album, but his most recent major televised appearance was at his own Comedy Central roast — you know, the one that ended with an apology.

So there was a lot riding on his performance of “Where Are You Now?” and “What Do You Mean?” (yeah, he’s been asking a lot of questions lately) at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday. And, frankly, he more than rose to the occasion — not including the part where he literally left the ground.

It was the kind of dual performance that could turn even the most dedicated Bieber-hater — for example, whoever owns the house he egged a while back — into a devout Belieber. Of course, no one felt the performance harder than the Biebs, who suffered a full-on meltdown as soon as the applause began.

Video will be added when it becomes available, but for now, grade Bieber’s performance below and drop a comment with your full review.

1. KCM says:

I have more breath support than he does. And I’m old.

• GG says:

It is very difficult to dance AND sing at the same time, especially with those kind of moves and the added fact that he hasn’t find it in a while I would say he did a good job overall. SING AND DANCING AT THE SAME TIME IS NOT EASY

2. The kid did good. I’m too old for this show, but the kid did good. His moves were on point and he actually sang.

3. Jules says:

He lost his way there for a while but it’s good to see him back and doing well. Great performance indeed even though I’m not his target demo.

4. Mick says:

The choreography was almost exactly like Chris Brown’s Forever video and he did not sound that good.

5. Brian says:

I thought it was good, loved the part when he flying with the lights circling below. I actually liked both of his new songs.

6. Ram510 says:

Is anyone buying beavers performance? I didn’t see any tears, seemed a little forced to me
    And he did not sound good almost the entire time, but at least he actually sang, these days you gotta be thankful singers are actually singing. One of the few professions you can get paid a ton of money and not even do your job, let alone even have to be good at it

7. Terry says:

Bieber is a twerp, there’s no redemption to be had when you don’t have to suffer any consequences whatsoever for your despicable, and illegal I might add, behaviour. smdh.

8. He is a young lad with poor role models, but tons of talent. I loved his performance and his new tunes. What celeb hasn’t fallen from grace a time or two? He is learning. My son went through a patch at this age he is not proud of but turned into a magnificent man. Thankfully we live privately.Give Justin the chance to grow. Great job!

9. yReds says:

Justin really nailed and we love it when we know that our role model is also emotional