Rookie Blue Ratings Low

Ratings: Rookie Blue Hits Series Low

ABC’s Rookie Blue this Thursday drew 3.5 million total viewers and a 0.5 rating, ticking down a tenth in the demo to a series low.

Opening ABC’s night, a Beyond the Tank rerun (3.5 mil/0.8) did a tenth better than the Astronaut Wives Club finale. Mistresses (3.2 mil/0.8) was steady.

Elsewhere….

CBS | A Big Bang repeat drew the night’s largest audience (7.3 million viewers). Big Brother (6.3 mil/2.0) was steady week-to-week and led in the demo, while Under the Dome (4.5 mil/0.9) ticked up.

THE CW | Beauty and the Beast (1 mil/0.3) ticked up.

FOX | Boom! (2.1 mil/0.7) added a tenth in the demo.

NBC | Food Fighters (3.8 mil/0.9) was steady, while Dateline (5.5 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth.

1. Beckers0505 says:

How is that possible about Rookie Blue?! This season has been amazing!!!

• Chris says:

Agree completely. Great episode last night.

• bj says:

The fact that they aired it weeks after it was shown in Canada no doubt had a big effect. Many fans would not wait to see it.

They’ve done the same thing with Beauty and the Beast this season and they wonder why its ratings have dropped too.

• Melissa says:

It did not air in Florida for TS/Hurricane coverage, so I suspect it probably didn’t air in some of the other southern states as well. I had to watch it online this morning.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

With the season finale next week, really hope that Rookie Blue gets renewed for a proper “final season” and I don’t know if the Canadian network CTV might make that decision.

• GraceM says:

It airs on Global in Canada. CTV has nothing to do with it.

• acurat says:

You are right mr. Tran. Global in Canada does air it and control rights. The show is paid for both by Global and Disney (ABC). It got renewed two years ago to film over one year in Canada 25 episodes (13 last year, 12 this year – Spring in Canada, Summer in USA). Ratings have to be strong enough in both countries for the show to come back and film one or two more seasons for next spring. ABC and Global will be making a decision soon to bring it back or cancel it. I am thinking unfortunately the ratings have fallen too much after six years and it will be canceled, but we will know more soon in the next few weeks.

3. Boiler says:

I don’t get it. Rookie Blue has had a great season and people seem to think its better to watch crap like Big Brother and Food Fighters. Hopefully CTV renews it, don’t know how it did in Canada but maybe they are smarter viewers, and ABC picks it up. Of course this is the same network that didn’t think it was good to bring back Motive while Mistresses bombed

4. GraceM says:

Hopefully the wedding episode will boost ratings.

5. mike says:

for season finale I seen it f and it felt like a series finale

6. Nunaya_Bidness says:

Is there talk of Rookie Blue being renewed? I’ve already seen the whole season and the ending seemed very much like a series finale and not at all a bad way to go out.

• GraceM says:

No yet. Creator and ep Tassie Cameron says if there’s another season, she’s not doing I and instead passing it onto someone else who works on the show.

7. spindae2 says:

I hope this 0,8 is enough for Mistresses to get renewed. We need S04.

8. Gerald says:

I too have seen the season (which feels like a series) finale. But I like to think that they could pull a Degrassi (It is Canada after all) and revisit the show and characters in a few years and do “Rookie Blue: The New Rookies”, “Rookie Blue: The New Class”, “Rookie Blue: The Next Generation”

9. Cindy says:

The real reason why the ratings are low is because ABC has been airing football games instead of the show. It’s not that we’re not watching, it’s that we’re not given that opportunity. However I still have hope that season 7 will happen.

• mary says:

Yes, it’s like the shows on Saturday. Some places do not get them because of pro football or college football. Like here in Milwaukee, we won’t get the series finale of Hannibal. And they have no intention of airing it at a later time.

10. Coal says:

So I guess that’s that for Rookie Blue. Word on the streets was that renewal was dependant how ratings went in the U.S. A fond farewell to the Grey’s Anatomy of cops, you will be greatly missed.

11. Bigdede says:

That’s because Chloe is still around. She sucks the life out of that show. Also Andy whining all the time is ridiculous. She knew what she signed up for. I want the old Gail back. It was so nice to see Gail and Chris back together.

• MaryElizabeth says:

Loved Gail and Chris. I can’t stand when shows turn straight people gay just to have a gay character. Just have them gay from beginning

12. diane says:

I liked this season of Rookie Blue. I have seen the last episode and I think it was a great ending for the show, as a whole.

But I agree with others who have not warmed to Chloe and the new Gail. Also I think Chris got the shaft.

13. Well rookie blue didn’t start out the greatest, but now with Andy and Sam are together its got to pickup the rating. Stupid idea about the baby

14. Cathy says:

Rookie Blue is an absolutely phenomenal series and deserves to be renewed. The ratings in Canada were amazing on Global can only hope that the numbers improve in the US but has been prempted for football and weather concerns so does not give a true picture of the number of viewers that would have watched.

15. Renita says:

I have a feeling it is the final season. The season finale was set up more like a series finale. Tied up everything. And I believe no cliffhangers. I hope it continues…

16. MaryElizabeth says:

Rookie Blue is boring now. Nick and Dov should have stronger stories. I know I’m in the minority but I cannot stand Andy and Sam. Sick of wedding crap. Won’t be bummed if it’s cancelled. I miss earlier seasons

17. Nicole Smith says:

I saw the “series Finale” trust me it was. Everything ended perfectly! If this is the end and it sure feels like it. I was done better then any other ending of a show I have seen in many years. I will miss Andy and Sam but they had a beautiful story!

18. Liz says:

I love Rookie Blue and I hope it gets renewed. I have cable so I have watched and recorded every episode. I don’t know if they use the Live+7 ratings but they are much higher. Hope they Renew the Blue this is my favorite show and Sam and Andy is my favorite TV couple.

19. Janay says:

Their needs to be a season 7 I love Rookie Blue it’s a great show. It only just started showing in the UK and it started from season 6 so I watched it online instead. I’m so addicted I couldn’t stop once I started watching it.

20. Thelma says:

I absolutely love Rookie Blue!!!!!!!

21. Lisa says:

Love rookie blue I am so upset I missed the finale I thought it was on at nine or ten turned on tv the da mn football game was on so what time was it on

22. Susie M. says:

Rookie Blue was pre-empted in the West, at least in Arizona, for football, which I’m sure hurt the ratings. Mistresses was also pre-empted. The Rookie Blue season finale won’t be shown in this area until Sunday, September 6th. I can only hope ABC takes this into consideration when viewing the ratings.

23. Lisa says:

Did not geg to watch rookie blue season finale damn foot ball game took its place when did it air love rookie blue