Fall TV Preview
Lookinglass Frankenstein Code

Fox's Frankenstein Code Changes Title to Lookinglass — What Does It Mean?

Allow The Frankenstein Code to reintroduce itself… as Lookinglass.

Fox announced Thursday that its midseason supernatural drama — about a corrupt LA County sheriff brought back to life in the body of True Blood‘s Robert Kazinsky — has officially undergone a title change.

The show’s new title refers to the Lookinglass Project aka the next-gen science lab founded by Otto Goodwin (played by Rules of Engagement‘s Adhir Kalyan) and his bioengineer twin sister, Mary (Greek‘s Dilshad Vadsaria).

Fun fact: this is technically the second name change for this particular series. Before going by The Frankenstein Code, it was briefly known as simply Frankenstein.

Your thoughts on LookinglassDrop ’em in a comment below.

1. Moria says:

Change approved! While I love all things old school horror & goth, Frankenstein as a title didn’t seem to express enough of what the show seems to be about. Plus it made me think of the recent Dracula series which was terrible & flopped.

2. Lookinglass will likely be less alienating to viewers. Still not sure if I’m going to watch.

3. prish says:

Perhaps a lighter tone is in play. Sounds good to me.

4. Eric says:

Change the title all you want, it will still get cancelled. Mark my words.

5. quang says:

This was most likely brought on by the marketing department.

6. Maryann says:

Only good things can come from this particular title change. Nice choice!

7. Gdybyśmy zakopali poziomą rurę na głębokości 100 metrów,
    moglibyśmy powiedzieć, że mamy ogrzewanie geotermalne.

8. Diz says:

I approve. Using the word Frankenstein always brings a certain stigma along with it. Maybe the new title will help the show bring in viewers who were initially against it just because of name alone.

9. I Don’t Care for the Name Change ~ The Frankenstein Code, Intrigued Me ~
    Lookinglass Means Mirror ~ Johnny Depp Is in Movie for 2016 Called `Alice Through the Looking Glass ~ To Me It’s Changing Thoughts From One Idea to Another ~ Somewhat Confusing ~ Id Still Watch It Though, I Love, Robert Kazinsky ~

10. Ava says:

Do they maybe mean Looking Glass? The title sounds/looks stupid written the way it is.

• Ava says:

Wait, sorry, I just noticed it’s the protagonist’s name. So maybe people who know that beforehand might not cross the show out just for having a stupid title.

• Amy says:

I agree it looks wrong without the other “G”. Even it it is the characters name, I will refer to this as “Looking Lass”, just cause I can’t unsee the misspelling.

11. Emor says:

This is a show I have been tracking since the first pilot descriptions came out at the beginning of the year. When I finally saw the promo video in May, I was underwhelmed and didn’t really see the connection to ‘Frankenstein’. While the title change will give the show a fresh viewer perspective, I don’t think it will save what simply wasn’t that engaging of a pilot. (Lucifer on the other hand was AWESOME fun!!)

12. Emor says:

P.S. Every time I read that title, all I can think of is Lost. (aka.. ‘Not Penny’s Boat’)

13. Elise Favia says:

I preferred the old name.