Days of Our Lives: 'Killer' Anniversary Promo Features Patch, Bo, Nostalgia

Come Nov. 8, the sands will have passed through the hourglass for a cool 50 years. And to commemorate Days of Our Lives‘ upcoming christening as NBC’s longest-running scripted drama, the sudser has unveiled a returning star-studded, nostalgic promo.

On hand for the run-up to the golden anniversary will be Peter Reckell (as Bo), Stephen Nichols (“Patch”), Alison Sweeney (Sami), Jason Cook (Shawn), Thaao Penghlis (Andre), Martha Madison (Belle), Camila Banus (Gabi) and Tamara Braun (Ava), while storylinewise Days will kick off a serial killer mystery this Thursday, extending past its anniversary and into 2016.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Can’t wait to see returning characters like Bo and others back for DAYS’ 50th anniversary come November. I enjoy Rob Wilson’s new daytime gig ever since he left The Price is Right as the first ever male model on the show.

2. Ryan T. says:

Where’s Dr. Drake Ramoray?

3. wrstlgirl says:

OMG that literally gave me goosebumps!!! It’s been a long time coming, very excited.

4. Linda says:

I probably haven’t watched ion the last 15 years or so but oh, even that brought a tear to my eye.

I watched when Kayla and Patch (when she was deaf) were THE couple way back in the 80’s.

5. Belle says:

Personally I am dreading “Bo’s” return…I no longer want “Hope” with him, she has moved on and so have many viewers. Happy “Steve” is back tho :)

6. J says:

So where is any gay character in that promo?

7. carol says:

Is Bo only back temporarily ?I hope he stays and gets back with Hope .It looks like Aiden is going to turn out to be a bad guy .I was hoping Rafe would have someone new to be with not Hope .

8. One of the best soap promos I’ve ever seen. Bravo.

9. lulu says:

Oh my it is so cheesy..come on i know this is daytime soap opera but we are in 2015 for pete’s sake..

10. lululime says:

They would obviously go with Marlena/Bo/Hope/Patch/Kayla leading the way for the promo as those are DAYS’ biggest go-tos historically (with some Sami for some good measure). I’m excited to see the new young generation (Theo, Ciara, Joey) as well as A Martinez. I’m almost floored that there is ZERO Daniel Jonas in this (unless he’s the strangler).

11. Joanne Harapiak says:

Oh this looks awesome. Days of our Lives is rising up where it should be. The Best Soap on Television.

12. Carlos Lee says:

Ah a Serial Killer Mystery. Will the dead turn up on an island again?

13. Soapie says:

I ahd always been a fan of the soap during my teenage years and I got to know some of those characters mentioned on the article when I watched the soap. But since I stopped watching the soap so so many years ago I dont know how the story goes now, who are new or old characters or anything. But I will love to see this special anniversary episode through the internet cause I dont have at home the channel where the soap airs. Is there any website where you can watch Soap operas episodes for free?

I know there are websites for TV shows and movies but I havent heard there are some for soap operas in particular.

Can anyone tell me if there are some out there and where I can watch them?

Thanks.

14. No, no, no! I don’t want Bo! I was happy when Bo left. PLEASE don’t let him stay.

15. Tang 2 says:

Love Bo with Hope. Bring him back for good!!!

16. Debi says:

I can not want to have Andre back but we also would love Tony & Anna! And for once, could we find a girlfriend for Roman -it has been way too long for him not to have a love interest. And honestly, we should bring back Doug’s first wife who was not Julie’s mother. Have the first Doug’s ex-wife to tell him he had a son-thus lighting a firer under Julie !

17. Verna Boyd says:

I hope the serial killer will knock off Will Horton!!

18. Betty says:

I can’t WAIT!I have been watching since it was a 30 min show. I watched my grandmother. She called soaps “my stories”.

• Mary Saitta says:

Me too! Used to race home at lunchtime so I could watch with my grandmother. I remember when Julie was in high school!! LOL

19. Sharon Anderson says:

I have been waiting for Bo’s return forever. I started in 1983 when I had my first child & have been watching ever since. Love all the cast but it’s time for the Hope & Bo saga to continue.

20. D Hendricks says:

Can’t hardly wait to see two of my favorite, Bo and Patch, and all the other characters coming in November. I have watched Days from the first day Ms Horton and Mr. Horton were on. Love all of them. My girlfriends and I have to talk every day after we watch. Congratulations soap writers for making us all happy. Keep up the good works. BRAVO!!!!!!

21. OK so they are are all coming back. I kinda sorta love it. What I don’t like is its most likely only a tease for the fans! Just how long are they back for? It would be great if you get the 2 super couples back together.The fact that Steve’s been back a week already and he hasn’t seen is sister yet, or his brothers kids. Don’t you think when someone comes back home after a long absent he gets in touch with family? I love reunions and I’m disappointed that hasn’t happen during his first week!!

22. nancy dirubba says:

I hope Bo and Patch are back for good. With all the soaps thru the years that got the ax, this soap needs to keep them indefinitely. Excited about their return!

23. charlotte says:

love it cant wait to see bo on the show again

24. deb says:

Bo and Hope reunited? Oh my! Truly one of the greatest love stories in soap history! I fell for the shaggy, scruffy, Bo the moment he road into Salem and became glued to the screen every day with my mom and my grandmother! ( my grandmother watched everyday for42 years until she passed away) A few years later, I nursed my own daughter at noon every day just to see what kind of scrape Hope would get herself into, of course always knowing that somehow Bo would show up just in the nick of time. I was crushed when Peter Reckell left the cast and thrilled when he returned! My daughter named her first pair of goldfish Bo and Hope! I’ll be tuned in next week for the 50th reunion season! Good Luck to Days Of Our Lives cast and crew! You’ve been a part of the days of our lives for generations!

25. maxine says:

yes yes we will be happy to see patch and bo back

26. Clotee Lewis says:

Glad to see Bo back. However, I think he will be leaving the show. I believe I read somewhere that Aiden is leaving the show, which will pan out that he is one of unsavory guys and not as nice as he makes out to be. Not sure Hope will end up with Rafe–really hope not. They are bringing the guy on that played on All My Children. Can’t think of his screen name. That may be a new interest for Hope. Not sure how I feel about Patch and Kayla. I hope they found a new love interest for her as well. I’m tired of the old relationships, except for John and Marlena. I think those two belong together as an endearing couple. A lot to look forward to in the coming months. I’m a faithful watcher–DVR it everyday.

27. Diane Taylor says:

I’ve been watching DOOL since Day 1. My mom & I shared the excitement. When my daughter came along, she too got hooked. I’m so excited to see my favorite characters back. The “love” theme is wonderful. May DOOL live on for a long, long time.

28. Diane Sharpe says:

I can hardly wait for your November 8, 2015 Anniversary date to watch all the actors I have watched since November 1965. Thank you. Diane Sharpe.

29. Betty Woodhouse says:

Can’t believe you killed Bo off. Been watching Days since the first day it was on.