Fall TV Preview
The View Joy Behar

Joy Behar Returning to The View

The View has finally made a casting decision upon which we can all agree.

ABC on Tuesday announced that Joy Behar, who abandoned her seat at the table in Aug. 2013, will return as a co-host for the daytime talker’s upcoming 19th season.

For those of you keeping score at home, this brings Season 19’s co-host total to six: Whoopi Goldberg, Candace Cameron Bure, Raven-Symoné, Michelle Collins, Paula Faris and Behar.

Here’s a first look (of sorts) at the newly assembled team:

Do you think ABC has finally found a winning combination for its floundering daytime staple? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the Season 19 team below.

1. hbeachman says:

Let Whoopi leave in a 420 haze already and give Joy the Moderator spot. Raven-Symone and Candace Cameron Bure need to go too.

• BG says:

I have a feeling Paula and Candace will be gone before the new seasons starts. But I too believe it’s beyond time for Whoopi to step down. I also feel Michelle should leave, instead of Paula. I used to watch Paula all the time when she was on ABC’s middle of the night news show. She was very good.

• Eleanor Taylor says:

Let them all leave. Way too obscene and that bunch screaming is ridiculous for entertainment.

• gwen says:

Please don’t have that Candace girl on full time. It doesn’t work well with her on set.

• Dawn Yost says:

Whoopi, Joy, Raven. they all need to GO! So sick of their opinions I could puke! Can’t stand any of them! Get some decent hosts or cancel the show!

2. dan says:

A few weeks ago Joy said they offered her a job with no negotiations. She declined. They must have decided to negotiate with Joy having the upper hand. Good for her! I don’t watch the show, but I’ve always liked Joy.

3. Tammy says:

As much as I love Joy and Whoopie….. I can’t come back because of the others. They have gone to this gossip/entertainment type news crap and less about the real world. Joy will help with a Presidential election coming up but they needed someone with more of a news/politics background.

4. Jan says:

Bringing Joy back is a good move, but why so many co-hosts all of a sudden? Their stupidest move was getting rid of Nicole just before the Presidential election.

5. Shar says:

All those voices screaming at once… no thanks.

6. Mark says:

I stopped watching once she left. I’ll watch again now though. She brings an energy to the show that was lacking when she left.

7. JoAnne says:

I love Joy, She is so funny and smart! I also love Whopee, she does a real good job at being the moderator, she is also funny and doesn’t take any bull…. from any body, and I admire her for it .Especially because in their business people can be so mean! I love the diversity in the panel. All different ages and types of women…young to middle, no old ages, though. How about one or two older women…this is the grey generation, due to baby boomers!!! I do love this show so much. Look forward to it everyday. Love to all of you!!!!

8. Wes says:

I like Joy but 6 co-hosts is way too much! I still don’t understand why they got rid of Nicole. I really liked her!

• Karen Murray says:

I don’t understand WHY Nicolle Wallace was bid “farewell”, either. I thought she was really very good. In the very beginning I was hesitant but I think she really “grew” into her position on The View !! She was great. (Rosie Perez…I saw that coming…but not Nicolle)! I’d heard that there may be 6 people but that two of them would rotate on certain days of the week. ….That there would be 5 on The View…but that there would be a rotation of them. (The 5th & 6th positions). I love that Joy Behar will be back. She has the smarts, integrity, and wit to pull that show back together again !!!

• I agree. I love having O’Donnell back as well. The premiere week last year saw a rating increase not that high since O’Donnell’s last stint on “The View” in 2006. They didn’t stay high however because O’Donnell like all that crafting stuff. It is the Martha Stewart show Rosie. People like the bombastic Rosie but she came back very calm and wanting the show to tackle more newsworthy HOT topic like the Bill Cosby rape case but Poppi Goldberg did NOT want that discussed because she is friends with Cosby. That cause friction and it kept going for a month. Rosie finally decided the show was a stress environment since she had a heartattack 2 years earlier. Strangely enough ABC had enough of Goldberg defending Cosby and made her talk to a legal expert on the air where she FINALLY admitted is a round about way, sort of the Cosby raped these 25 women. She REALLY doesn’t but did this due to the brass at ABC. Sponsors threatened to drop “The View” if poppi continued here support. By that time O’Donnell already left. The show is NOT good today. Nicole Wallace was REALLY good! Can’t stand Raven (whatever her last name is?) Obviously Poppi got her the job. She’s a dreadful mess!

9. LT says:

TOO. MANY. PEOPLE.

10. Linda says:

I’m happy about Joy’s return now get rid of Michelle Collins and I will be a whole lotta happy!! She does not belong there. Can’t stand her.

11. Karen says:

I’m embarrassed for this show and all those involved… Let it go!

12. laura says:

yes was so sorry when she left, always loved Joy……….. Candice i think is a mistake as a strict religious person is always trouble, plus i find her boring, sorry but true…….Nicole i want Nicole back, love her……

13. Jared says:

Interesting. I don’t think The View has ever had six co-hosts at a time, I hope it proves successful

• swag says:

Well Jared the Talk is using the 5 person format and so is the Real, also so is Meredith this year, so maybe the View wanted to change things up. I also think it lets the hosts do other outside projects.

14. Ardith McCloy says:

I am in agreement with others here that Cameron -Bure and Raven need to go. PaulaFaris is fine and so is Joy….I don’t think they need that Collins gal either. Just go with Whoopie, Joy, And Paula and maybe get a conservative view in there too.

15. laura says:

Whoop is the whole show so please hang on to Whoop…………. Raven great co-host too…….. Been watchin show since day one and still love it, again hang on to Whoop, she is gold……..

16. Patty says:

Too much ego-speak for me. Bye, bye to The View.

17. kristen t says:

i thought they said someone was going to be part time and not be on the panel all the tim that might be why so many hosts, since some of the people on the panel have other commitments they might try to rotate them out instead of having substitute co hosts…

• 'A' Is Alive says:

Not this panel. This is the FULL TIME panel. There are also 6 or 7 others who will be “contributors” and appear regularly. They will all supposedly be in 50 episodes each. So since they are also somewhat-co-hosts, that’s 13 total. Just these other 6 or 7 won’t appear at the same time and will fill in throughout the week. Also, sometimes, there won’t be a “contributor” and just the 6 regular co-hosts. Sherri Shepard is probably the one you were thinking of as they originally reported she’d be back half-time as one of the contributors. :)

• Zerb says:

Paula Faris won’t be there Fridays, and that’s when Sherri Sheppard, Stacy London, and Milly Sims will be on depending on the week. Therefore, it sounds like there will always be 6 hosts on any given day.

18. Brandy says:

LOVE this. I will be watching!

19. Sandi Bicondova says:

I’m happy to see an “adult” coming back to the view. Frankly I wasn’t going to watch it anymore. The show was headed to a gossip/celebrity new s show. I want real topics. I’m am really sorry to see Rosie and Nicolle go. Please bring them back.

20. Monique says:

Fantastic! Started watching the show because of Joy, her and Whoopi funny together as well!

21. Mr. Tran K says:

The execs at ABC Daytime still don’t have the guts whether The View will end in the next year or two. Behar’s return should spell disaster along with newbies like Raven Symone, Paula Faris, Michelle Collins and DJ Tanner aka Candace Cameron Bure.

22. dude says:

I’m fine with Joy, Whoopi, Raven and Candace as co-hosts. I could take or leave the other two. I really did like Nicole though.

23. Owen O. Rivera says:

Great choice

24. Jerry McGee says:

Get rid of Candace Cameron Burr, she adds nothing. Bring back Nicole Wallace, she was smart and could talk on any subject well. Stop this stupid flip flopping. You had good people and then let them go because of your insecurities. I like Joy and I liked Sheri. Nicole Wallace brought balance, bring her back full time. Love Whoopi. Like Raven. Michele tries too hard to be funny.

25. Julia says:

Bring back Nicole :(

26. LB says:

Great to have Joy back! Good choice ABC.Now just get rid of Raven and Candace and it will be a great show again!

27. Sandi & Bob says:

We are so glad to see Joy coming back. Oh, no! Not that Jesus freak. We don’t need her on the panel nor anyone like her.Was so GOOD to be rid of Elz.Hasselback and then another one like her, minus the Jesus, but she is an outspoken Repuke, too. Liked the Repuke they let go.Forget Shar.Shep. too, got so tired of her whining. Pleeze pleeze ABC, don’t keep CCBure. I’m sure he rest of the panel are not going to get along with her, especially Joy & Whoop, unless Whoop just “goes along with the flow” which she does a lot. I read all of the comments..We 99% all agree. ABC should read our comments.

28. Bobby says:

Excellent decision. Now get rid of the cookie cutter blonds and the show might have a chance.

29. Belle says:

Just put a nail in this show…it hasn’t been good for many, many years! Not sure why I even care, haven’t watched it in 5 years or so. Behar is the only bright spot, she’s funny.

30. Peter Allan Ker says:

The View should be Cancelled!

31. ananamis says:

Should have kept Nicole. Glad to see Joy back. Would have been nice if they offered Mario Cantone a cohost seat!

32. JEF says:

Joy might make it watchable again! They still need to make some better choices for the other hosts.

33. Marilyn says:

Joyce Behar was the reason I stopped watching the View. That woman was so negative so much of the time I just couldn’t handle it anymore. Her snarky comments became so predictable and so boring that I just didn’t bother with it anymore. Frankly, I’m over the “x number of women around a table giving their opinions”. I really enjoyed that initially, but that, too, has lived out its time for me. I love the Wendy Williams Show, but she does the round table thing, some of her female commentators are so loud, they actually start screaming over each other. I don’t like that in my political debates and for sure not on my TV. Enuff already.

34. Eloise Minn says:

Can we all HOORAY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s about time. Now we have funny AND intelligence back to help Whoopi out. We now have youth Intelligence and youthful comedic intelligence AND the SMART GENERATION for balance. Still will miss Perez and Nicole Wallace (two most intelligent well read women) though.

35. Karen Taylor says:

It is a surprise you didn’t give Josh Duggar a seat. It is not a suggestion. The View is just bad choosing hosts. Behar fan.

36. Bob Backus says:

” we can all agree.” only if you are as brainless as her.

37. RD says:

so happy that Joy is returning

38. RD says:

the show was created as being women of all ages and beliefs the group sounds exactly what the original idea of the show was

39. Ron says:

Get This Show..OFF TV

40. Richard says:

I have to say goodbye to the View. This season was so painful to watch. Whoopi acts like she cannot be bothered and Raven wants everyone to know she is only 29….I actually liked Nicole Wallace and Rosie Perez.

41. opinion says:

I will start watching again . I love Joy it has been a sinking ship since she left. I stop watching after Rosie O left this year, but now I am going to have to check it out. The show has some promise again.

• laura says:

joy and whoop excellent, raven fits well, the other lady is ok, Candice will be problem, too religious for show………
      bring Nicole back please please please………….. she is smart funny and so real down to earth…..

42. SherryB says:

Those people just can’t let the thing die a well deserved death..Keep plugging by adding back the dead horses and still the ratings tank…Would rather watch a t.v. test pattern that this show…

43. laura says:

this show works, it has many many years ahead of it……… people who don’t like it don’t have to watch it, there r millions of us who do love it………………

44. DavidSask says:

Love Joy will be good for politics, although she needs to control her volume as over the top. She is going to own the young girls on show, explosions bound to occur! Meredith going to panel show fine but then shouldn’t her show have new name with doing so?!

45. Letting go of Nicolle Wallace was a mistake in my opinion, especially in an election year. Her insight is invaluable, plus she was a good member of the panel. Raven doesn’t exactly fit with this group. I think they only hired Candace because they know she will get into TV controversies with her fellow panelists. Not sure about Paula, but once again there are so few conservative voices in the panel. 6 co-hosts are too many.

• Yvette says:

Nicole with Joy and Whoop fantastic! Sherry and Raven filling in as contributors, great!
      Please bring back Nicole! Awful timing on A B C’s part, with the election upon us, to let Nicole go,how stupid! Bring her back,send Bure packing! She offers NOTHING.

46. David says:

So glad that Joy Behar is BACK!!!!!!!!! She was one of the best parts of the View. Raven is good for young people … Michelle Collins needs to go! Bring back NICOLE WALLACE! She was funny, genuine, and really did a great job. Her and Joy would be fun sparring about politics. Maybe Fulller House will keep Candace too busy. Her whining is too much. I love Paula … will be a great journalist addition to the show. #19 will be a great year, especially with Whoopie, Joy, Paula and Raven!

47. joel f says:

Ok View u got me back on board… I luv Joy!!!

48. Jack Gleason says:

Nothing will save this show. Firing Nicole Wallace was a bad choice. She was the only person who had a rapport with Whooping. In addition, Nicole was informative regarding politics. I can’t bear to watch the Cosby kid. This show was great for many years, thanks to the inane banter, I have discovered Access Hollywood Live is aired on another channel. It is a happy, funny and engaging show. I’m leaving The View in my rear view window!

49. dman6015 says:

Why don’t they just bring back Barbara Walters while they’re at it? Lisa Ling, anyone?

50. Phyllis says:

Glad Joy is back – I wish Nicole hadn’t left – I am not a fan of Michelle and Candace – What I have seen of Paula I liked – I really like Whoopi & Raven. Will all 6 be hosting at one time?