Fall TV Preview
The Good Wife Season 7 Spoilers

Good Wife Season 7 First Look: Alicia and Peter Hit the Campaign Trail

Looks like Alicia is really taking pity on the less fortunate in the following first photos from The Good Wife‘s Season 7 premiere (airing Oct. 4 at 9/8c).

For starters, the lawyer is attempting to revive her “struggling” — CBS’ words, not ours — law career by representing a less fancy clientele: arrestees seeking release on bail in bond court.

Then there’s her hubby Peter, with whom Alicia hasn’t always been on the best of terms. Still, she appears to be helping him with his presidential campaign by putting in a public appearance on a morning show.

Click through the gallery below — or right here for direct access — then hit the comments with your thoughts on Alicia’s new adventure.

1. LeeSP says:

I’m glad I gave up on this show at the end of last season.

The writers are going in circles – Alicia started a new firm again, back campaigning for Peter and pretending to be the good wife like divorce is not common in 2015 even for politicians, supporting character will be sidelined again to focus on morose Alicia, etc.

The last game changing moment on this show was the dead of Will and since then the show has lost it ways.

• Jeri says:

So true about going in circles. Last season was boring. I now think of Alicia/Juliana as the villain of the show. She drives everyone away, on the show & off. I hope Christine doesn’t leave too. Even her botoxing has reached the point that it takes me out of the scene as I stare at her face watching for movement. Still hoping they can return to the excellence of the early years but it’s not sounding good.

2. JohnDooe says:

I honestly don’t understand the massive backlash the show is getting right now. I refuse to turn my back on a show that I’ve deeply come to enjoy just because of some behind the scenes drama. I recognize that the Kings have been taking the fans for granted, but this is probably the last season so I don’t want to miss this.

3. Sam says:

Gave the showrunners the benefit of doubt and let them lead me into their ‘vision’ but was highly disappointed all the way to the finale. This is a show that could have ended with the season finale. Storylines leading to nowhere.
    I’m not really willing to start brand new which is what the new season seems to be about. Alicia starting afresh….i’m not buying it anymore.
    And the fact that the Kings really couldn’t even deliver a satisfactory statement on the Kalinda finale even after numerous chances to do so left a bad taste in my mouth.

With the tiny ratings the show had last season, i expect new lows to be reached first episode in. I’m very disappointed in what i called the best drama on TV but is now a shadow of it’s former self.

4. Greg says:

After season 5, this was easily my favourite show. Now I couldn’t care less for the premiere. Why have Alicia start her own firm and morph it right back into Lockhart Gardner? Or put her on the political path to have her political run die quicker than it was conceived. And now she’s right back where she was two years ago starting over again, except she doesn’t have anyone around her anymore. No one wants to watch her start over yet again, or go back to Peter. The last season of a once great show will go out on a whimper.

5. Marci says:

I have sub-zero interest in Alicia’s new law firm…again, and Peter’s Presidential campaign. It’s time to put a fork in this show.

6. bridyyc says:

At least she seems to have ‘slightly’ better hair than last season. She needs good hair and last season was downright drab and flat. This after a great hair season 5. Here’s hoping for much better hair.

7. rafael_ says:

i’m done with this show. it’s shame they don’t value their cast and develop good stories for them. I know it’s ‘Alicia’s journey’ but… come on!

8. PC says:

This whole thing leaves an unpleasantness all around. No excitement left at all for this show. I feel like the Kings are indifferent to fans and JM is probably a diva and there’s just nothing left. I know some people will watch and I wish them well. The finale was one thing. That JM (and we know it was JM and not AP because AP had exactly zero power on the show and would have been shown the door had she refused a scene with another actor) could not, for the good of the show, do her job and then for the Kings to so glibly pretend it was nothing really (oh and Josh Charles isn’t really dead either you know). Even after having time to consider either being honest or saying nothing else they chose to be insulting so no.

9. Kels says:

Honestly we’re getting inundated with Presidential campaigning in the real world, do we really need more in our fictional TV? I still like the show but this headline alone makes me feel tired–not inspired to watch.

10. Pixel says:

Last year many fans complained about how boring was the campaign stuff. And here you are another campaign. Also many fans complained about the quick death of the ensamble aspect of the show and here you are Diane and Cary are not even mentioned in that synopsis and according to all the spoilers we got it doesn’t look like they’ll have any kind of relevant storyline that season (besides being used like narrative tools and put against the nth Alicia’s “new firm”). It’s obvious that the Kings have serious issues when it comes to “listen” the fandom.

11. Will says:

OMG Chris Noth is running for President!? Wow no way

12. Becky says:

I’m on board for this. I love politics. I also am looking forward to Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s character as the investigator. And that Margo Martindale’s character will be working with Eli Gold on Peter’s campaign. It all sounds like fun to watch for me. Wouldn’t miss it.

13. yurie says:

Ugh, David the douche in the first screenshot. No thanks. Anyhow, last season was really bad with it’s next to non-existent cases and the plotlines that went nowhere. The Alicia arc should never have last the whole season. That was the biggest mistake of all.

14. aph1976 says:

Alicia may know her supporting Peter in his campaign could help her new law firm in some ways by getting her publicity.So in return for helping him Peter might help Alicia.So Alicia and Peter need each other right now in terms of their individual careers.