Ben Higgins The Bachelor

The Bachelor: Ben Higgins Announced as Season 20 Suitor

Kaitlyn Bristowe’s loss is Bachelor Nation’s gain.

Fan favorite Ben Higgins, who placed third on Season 11 of The Bachelorette, will continue his search for love as the 20th Bachelor, Chris Harrison announced Monday on After Paradise.

“I am [ready to find love],” Higgins said on the Bachelor in Paradise after-show. “I have a great example of love through my parents and grandparents and family. I’m ready to start sharing my life with somebody.”

Following the big announcement, comedienne Amy Schumer (who guest-starred on the most recent Bachelorette season) called in with these words for Higgins: “Ben, I would say, ‘Don’t do it!’ No, I’m so excited for you. Find love and then send some my way, OK?”

Watch Harrison announce the new Bachelor below:

Will you watch The Bachelor with Ben H. in the spotlight? Were you hoping for another of Kaitlyn’s exes to be cast? Hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Kate says:

I mean, I know this is a stupid thing to quibble about–it is the Bachelor, after all–but that headline totally spoiled the show for this west coaster.

2. Jennifer says:

Woot woot! I personally think he’s too wonderful of a person for this show but since I’m an awful person and love The Bachelor I’m glad I’ll get to see his gorgeous face every week.

3. marisa says:

Absolutely. He’s a gentleman😀

4. Jodean says:

Glad to see it is Ben. Love him. Such a nice ,deserving guy.

5. Mark says:

He’s likable and cute. I would have preferred Ben Z though.

6. GF says:

No we are glad it’s Ben. We love him.

7. Billie says:

I will be watching!!

8. Timmah says:

Is this the appropriate forum to discuss how adorable Jade and Tanner are?

9. m3rissa says:

As sad as I am that Ben will be off the market after this I hope he finds love. And if not you’re perfect and I’m in Arizona come find me.

10. Timmah says:

I’m happy for him. I think Greg and Bobby are going to be jealous though.

11. iakovos says:

I hope the show gets back on the rails. Am tired of the crazy. These are adults and they act like middle schoolers. Seeing UNREAL this summer, I have lost faith even knowing there has to be some major producer manipulation in this show. Hope the budget allows for some decent world travel. That has been one of the best things about the series for me as a viewer.

12. Paulette says:

OMG I can’t wait to see Ben H every week, he was my fav from day 1, I hope he finds a woman as awesome as he is ❤️ WHEN DOES IT START???

13. Kristina Williams says:

I really want Nick Vaille to be one of the next Bachelors. I know that Ben Higgins will be the 2016 bachelor. But for another Bachelor season I would be so excited for Nick to be the one chosen, and I think there are probably a lot of women that feel the same way, perhaps their just not speaking out. I think you might be surprised by how many smiles it would bring. I feel like Nick’s confidence was difficult for some to take, but despite the difficulties he faced on The Bachelorette he always handled himself gracefully like a true gentleman. I just would love to see him find love through the awesome journey of one of The Bachelor seasons. I am a faithful Bachelor/Bachelorette fan! Please make my day and at least find out what Bachelor nation thinks about this idea. Gosh I can’t tell you how happy I would be if he was The Bachelor on a future season! Chris, Nick needs love too!