Grey's Anatomy Unauthorized Movie

Grey's Anatomy, Charmed and 19 Other Lifetime Unauthorized Movies We Want

If The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story proved anything, it’s that it doesn’t take a whole lot of documented drama for Lifetime to cobble together a behind-the-scenes movie.

In addition to Saturday’s exposé on Full House  — a show whose best known controversy involves John Stamos’ attempt to get crybabies Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen fired — the cabler has greenlit pics based on the alleged on-set turmoils of Beverly Hills, 90210 and its spinoff, Melrose Place, which will (somewhat) entertain nostalgics this fall.

Assuming that these four projects are part of an exploding trend for the network, TVLine has compiled a list of 21 other shows primed for a Lifetime tell-all treatment.

So check out the gallery below — or click here for direct access — to find out which popular teen drama, daytime gabfest, and TGIF sitcom made the cut. Then hit the comments to let us know which guilty pleasures you’d like to see get the ‘unauthorized’ treatment.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

The View would be great.

2. c-mo says:

The Good Wife anyone?

3. Keri says:

Grey’s Anatomy could probably be a 6 part mini series with all their backstage drama.

4. Demi says:

I am down for Greys Anatomy (been saying it for ages) Desperate Housewives, Glee (the egos) and also CSI Miami (didn’t watch it but I heard things)

5. Jane says:

One word..NO!!

6. steven says:

The only drama that took place during 7th Heaven was Jessica Biel being on the Gear Magazine. The only other drama after that was Stephen Collins’ molestation scandal.s

• dude says:

Yeah, that’s what I thought too. Don’t know how much material can be mined from Jessica Biel posing naked and calling her character a weak little bitch.

• eccers says:

I think the only reason for its inclusion (and the reason it’s side-by-side with the Cosby Show with the caption, “Do we have to say anything?”) is that the leading men for both shows have been in the news for allegations of sexual abuse. I don’t know why anyone would want to see that unfold in a Lifetime tell-all, but it seems pretty tone deaf for TVLine. Maybe I’m being a wet blanket, but I can’t imagine the writer gave much thought before including a cheeky-cutesy implication that it’d be oh so fun to watch…

7. Steven says:

I saw the headline and thought these were already greenlit and got way too excited about a Charmed Unauthorized story.

8. K says:

Charmed please

9. Jennifer says:

Charmed, Star Trek, and 7th Heaven! Please. That would be great! Charmed especially. Between Shannon Doherty’s exit and the change in creative, this would be awesome!!!

10. brandydanforth81 says:

I I’d love & watch 7th Heaven,Charmed,Glee,Desperate Housewives Unathorized Stories

11. jm says:

Good collection but i am in for a “The Good Diva” sorry “Wife”. I am also curious about “Castle” There is something fishy there… and of course “Dinasty” Linda Evans and Joan Collins rivality was even worst than between their characters

12. Ashbash says:

Charmed and Growing Pains Please! Definitely Growing Pains I want the dirt on all the Kirk Cameron drama

• Patrick says:

It wasn’t really drama. He wanted his character to consistently make good decisions that were heavily influenced by his Christian Morals. Which is all well and good, but it would have erased any type of conflict. Ergo, there wouldn’t have been any stories to tell. He wasn’t a d-bag about it, but he was insistent.

13. Mark says:

One show that never gets a mention in any of these shows to be redone or finished off is Las Vegas. Am I the only one who wants to see how things end as it should before cancellation with Danny McCoy and Delinda Deline. And to see if big Ed Deline finally comes back and sees his new family.. I can go on..

• Patrick says:

This isn’t a list about continuing shows, its about behind the scenes making of the shows. Like the Saved by the Bell behind the scenes.

14. A says:

Glee, Grey’s, Desperate Housewives & Good Wife would be great

15. charmed, grey’s anatomy, glee, the good wife and desperate housewives would be great, but I’m afraid they won’t do them all. maybe a charmed one if we’re lucky, can’t see them doing the rest.

16. Scott21 says:

I would love to see Charmed!!! Anyone who hasn’t read the Charmed comics read it! Season 9 is okay, but season 10 is as good as the first three season Pat Shand writing it, google it!

17. Robby says:

I can’t believe that no one said a “That 70’s Show” biopic? Between the drugs, the humping, Topher Grace being a real Richard, Danny Masterson dragging Laura Prepon into being a ‘Space Cadet’ and the horrible last season (or as I call them, the syndication builders) it has a chance to make people sweat.

18. monica4185 says:

The only one I would watch is the Grey’s Anatomy one. Boy that shows has some backstage drama.

19. Dani says:

The Daytime Soap Opera Past and Present especially: The Young and The Restless, General Hospital and Santa Barbara.

• johnson says:

I soooo agree with you….YR/GH oh yeah Brenda Dickson fired for walking off the set as Jill Abbott…Eric Braeden cussing everybody out on set…@ yr….Anthony Geary on GH hot mess

20. Win says:

When I saw this article title, I was like, “Growing Pains” – definitely! However, you guys really hit the ball out of the park with this list and added some I didn’t even realize/think of. I did expect Charmed and Growing Pains, and I’m one of those people who wonder why Judy Winslow never came back down the stairs the next season… (I wish Jay “Perd Hapley”/”staple of fake primetime news reporters” Jackson would play the part of Reginald VelJohnson. Fresh Prince’s Auntroversy would be fantastic. I only watched bits and pieces of Dawson’s Creek (sorry, James Van der Beek’s alter ego), but thank you for that YouTube link. That’s my new go-to for…everything. Don’t ice cream and drive, people.

21. iHeart says:

oh the glee one WILL happen, we just don’t know when yet, but it will happen, the ones that will be getting a reboot should not (yeah looking at you Fresh Prince, even though the two Viv’s are cause for one) I’ll watch the Roseanne one.

and as for Cosby and 7th Heaven? uh NO

22. Criminal Minds should be a fun one. There is enough material alone with how public Mandy Patinkin’s loathing of the show’s violence was. And I’m sure there are lots of other things to toss in as well, like the AJ Cook, Paget Brewster debacle which gave us Seaver and led to the train wreck that followed Paget leaving for good.

23. Erika says:

But what about Married…With Children and Friends?

24. Lynne says:

The only drama that happened with 7th Heaven was when Jessica did her naked shoot with that magazine which led to Mary being sent off to the grandparents, but she eventually came back. Nothing has ever been said to happen with Stephen during the show. So that would be a dud.
    I’m sure Glee will happen in the next few years, its just a matter of time.
    Roseanne would be a possibility with her issues with producers, the constant Becky switching and that crazy final season.
    Degrassi would intrigue me, I dont think anything really happened behind the scenes because all of the drama was on the show itself, but it would be interesting to see if anything did happen maybe between Aubrey and the guys. Or any of the girls, you know we always bring the crazy when theres so many of us in one place for too long.
    As for Friends, the only thing I remember was Matthew’s rx addiction and Courtney’s struggle to get pregnant. That cast was solid from beginning to end.

25. matty says:

Designing Women! Oh god that would make one heck of a TV movie…

Or… Cybill (the sitcom), that set was allegedly fraught with tension.

26. misery chick says:

Roseanne definitely #1
    David Caruso vs Dennis Franz on NYPD Blue

27. Tamika says:

Judy was the youngest child on Family Matters AND NOT the middle child.

28. Alyssa says:

Yes! To Charmed! I haven’t watched any of the ones already made on Lifetime but I would watch that one

29. johnson says:

Two daytime dramas need to be added to the list The Young & The Restless & General Hospital….the behind the scenes drama tomfoolery is much better than the storylines…hot mess actors network execs writer changes drama behind the drama…

Also Gimme Me a Break that 80s show yes pls that would be great Mo’nique can play Nell Carter no shade…

30. Michelle says:

I’d really like to see one about Pretty Little Liars. One, because of all the drama with Lucy Hale being excluded/excluding herself from the cast and constant rumors of her leaving the show, and two, for whatever Marlene calls herself doing with that show.

31. Luis says:

I’d pay extra to see “Charmed” unatuthorized

32. Amethyst says:

I would really want to see everyone them do one about charmed