Fall TV Preview
Sleepy Hollow Zach Appelman Cast

Sleepy Hollow Promotes Corbin's Kid, Abbie's New Boss to Series Regular

Joe Corbin’s not wendigoing anywhere for a while.

Sleepy Hollow has made series regulars of Zach Appelman, who plays the late Sheriff Corbin’s son/former supernatural hellbeast Joe, and Lance Gross, who’ll soon be introduced as Abbie’s FBI boss Daniel Reynolds, in the upcoming third season, per The Hollywood Reporter.

RELATED Sleepy Hollow Season 3 to Return to More ‘Fun’ Original Formula

Appleman’s character, a former Marine, was introduced (and de-wendigo’d) in Season 2’s “And the Abyss Gazes Back.” Gross’ Daniel will be reunited with Abbie (interpret that however you like) when he’s assigned to Sleepy Hollow.

Other Season 2 castings include Nikki Reed (Twilight) as Betsy Ross and Shannyn Sossamon (Wayward Pines) as a mysterious newcomer named Pandora.

The supernatural drama returns to Fox on Thursday, Oct. 1 at 9/8c.

1. MJ says:

They sure are adding a lot of new people this season. I love to look at Lance Gross but it seems to be a lot of new characters to the show. I was not impressed with last season. I was one of the few people who liked Katrina and I hated how they did her character. All of these new characters will take the focus off of Abbie and Ichabod.

2. liame says:

Yay to both characters. It’s funny how Zach resembles Clancey Brown, he could be his real life son. Off to binge watch SH from the beginning.

3. Emor says:

Just realize everybody, this season is a Total Reboot of the series. The only thing it will have in common with the first two seasons is Abbie and Ichabod. (And considering the last two show reboots by Fox, Human Target & Breaking In, I’m not overly excited.)

4. Jooshua says:

Yay for Lance Gross! They finally stopped replacing Orlando Jones with a bunch of boring white folk.

5. KayCeeCee says:

New characters are nice as long as they don’t interfere with the core relationships of the show: Abby and Ichabod.

6. Babygate says:

Very upsetting to see Lance Gross here. I was hoping he would be back to Grey’s as Maggie’s love interest. Oh well. One more reason to keep watching Sleepy Hollow.

7. Anthony says:

Yay to Joe Corbin joining the cast! I could care less about the rest. Hawley and Orion should have been the ones to be promoted to regulars. I’m not feeling lance gross’ character. Betsy Ross shouldn’t be a regular. I’m slighty intrigued by pandora but as a regular…no.

• Ian says:

Im happy about Joe, because there’s endless potential and Zach deserves the gig, but yeah, Lance Gross is just there for the exact same crap that Hawley was last year. To be a blatant love interest and to get in the way by having the same role as Abbie with being a cop. They should have just brought Orion back.

8. belleburr says:

Reblogged this on The Adventures of Fort Gaskin-Burr and commented:
    Yes! Good news for #SleepyHollow fans and please, no more #Hawley. #JoeCorbin

9. SayNay says:

Yay!! Here’s hoping they explore more of Sheriff Corbin’s history of chronicling the supernatural and a legacy he wanted to pass down to his son. Also keeping fingers crossed for some Clancy Brown flashbacks.

10. Gia says:

What happened to this show’s diversity? That was one of the main reason I like it.

11. herman1959 says:

I remember Lance from House of Payne a few years ago. He was the fine, young, funny guy, but I haven’t seen him in years so I don’t no if he can REALLY act…hmmm; we’ll see.

12. Kyle says:

Good to read that, can’t wait to see Lance and Zach!

13. Sade Ford says:

I’m so apprehensive about this new season. There is the fact that Abbie and Ichabod are apart. Orlando Jones is no longer on the show and there are all these series regulars. The problem last season was too much time spent on characters other than Abbie and Ichabod and Jennny. This season seems kind of worse so far. We only had Karina and Jeremy to deal with and now we have 4 other people to deal with. That’s not including Hawley if he returns or Sharif Atkins character as well. It feels so overcrowded to me.

• worldtraveler9 says:

According to what I have read, when the show returns, it will be one year since the events in the season 2 finale. During that time Abbie went to Quantico and Crane was on a personal journey. They will reunite in the first episode of season 3 so they will not be apart. Since Abbie is now FBI, a change of boss was necessary. No indication thus far that Hawley will return or Sharif Atkins.

14. paco says:

Outasight, Outamind…had almost forgotten this show is still active… Unless there’s a big ratings upsurge, I doubt we’ll see a 4th season

15. Can’t wait for season 3 of sleepy hollow.

16. Can’t wait for sleepy hollow season 3 to start. Love the show.