Scandal Season 5

Scandal Season 5: My Hopes for Olivia, B613, a New Gladiator (?) and More

Need a place to discuss your hopes and dreams for Scandal Season 5? As the saying at one time regularly went: “It’s handled.”

Season 4 of the D.C.-based drama took some knocks, critically, but the numbers held up in its new, earlier time slot (where it averaged 9.2 million viewers and a 2.9 rating, down just a tenth in the demo from the shortened Season 3).

Still, the show has unarguably flirted with an identity crisis, straying far from its “weekly fixes” roots to, at one point, thrust its valiant heroine into a weeks-long hostage thriller. Or, to take a pointed (and powerful) street-level look at race relations.

TVLine readers gave the Season 4 finale — in which B613 was finally booted (at great cost to Cyrus and Mellie) and “Olitz” was reunited– an average grade of “B,” down a tick from Season 3’s “B+.” Looking ahead to Season 5, here’s a character-by-character breakdown of what I would hope to see happen.

1. LK says:

I’d like them to delve into a presidential impeachment storyline… Time for President Grant to pay for all the terrible decisions he’s made.

• Scandaliscous says:

If Fitz has to pay then first in line to go to prison should Cyrus, Mellie, and Olivia for rigging the election in the 1st place. Fitz is no worse than any other character on the show.

• LK says:

Well he did start a war to save his mistress…

• INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

Technically, only Congress has the ability to declare war.

• sladewilson says:

Common sense and law doesn’t apply in the world of Scandal. So, yeah, Fitz started a war to save his mistress and she knows it. Fitz isn’t clean but then again, none of them are. I can’t see Olivia being the “white hat” and OPA still active while she’s all “booed up” in the White House….

• Aly Lady says:

He saved the woman he loves. His actions were wrong as the POTUS but certainly understandable as a person. If someone I loved were threatened to be killed if I didn’t comply, I would not be able to live with myself knowing I didn’t do everything possible.

• TrudiV says:

I wonder if he would have started a war if it was Mellie instead of Olivia.
            It was quite easy for him to start one over Olivia. After all he is madly, passionately, take no quarter, head over heels in love with her.

• Linda says:

Agreed I co sign !!! Thank you I think the same thing !!!!

• Thank you! Why should Fitz get impeach? Mellie, Olivia, Hollis, and Cyrus all rigged the election for which he didn’t know about. Adultery is not a crime. I agree, Fitz is no worse than any of the other characters who are also cheaters, killers, and assassins.

• Curtis says:

Adultery is a crime under the UCMJ which every military member must obey, and the POTUS is the Commander-in-Chief of the military. He should be held accountable.

• TrudiV says:

Interesting- I didn’t know this. I wonder how many users of Ashley Madison will be brought up on charges then…

• INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

But he already admitted to a fake affair with Jeanine Locke and nothing happened to him. Why would an affair with Olivia be treated differently?

• TrudiV says:

Agreed. I would like to see Cyrus, Mellie, Olivia and Hollis go to prision for stealing the election.
        Then I want to see Sally go to prison for killing her husband.

• Nathalie says:

Thank you !

2. Brian says:

Wow, I actually agree with all this.

What I truly truly wish for is for both B613 and the triangle to be dead. For me, they both, well especially all the silly spy stuff and Rowan becoming a cartoon, just made the show so unbearable to watch.

I’m really rooting for this show to get back on track and bring back all the things we loved about this show.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

If I never hear B613 uttered again, it will be a happy day.

• Cheyenne says:

No more Papa Pope.
      No more Mama Pope.
      No more Jake. He’s superfluous now.
      Get Abby back to OPA and find her a man who isn’t a wife-beater (her ex), a weasel (David), or a slimeball (Leo).
      Michael finds a good man who really loves him and kicks Cyrus to the curb.
      Cyrus gets hit by a bus.
      Fitz resigns the presidency to Susan Ross and he and Olivia run off to Vermont to make babies and jam.
      Series ends.

• Cheyenne says:

Addendum:
        Huck gets his eyeballs fixed so they stop rolling all over the place.
        Sally Langston goes to jail for killing Daniel Douglas.
        Governor Reston goes to jail for the murder he set up his wife for.
        Quinn and Charlie run off to New Zealand together and live happily ever after.

• herman1959 says:

If they just got rid of Huck I’d be happy. I don’t care how many therapists he has, I can’t buy him coming back from this and working at OPA like nothing happened.

• Cheyenne says:

Is Quinn going to tell Olivia he killed the jurors? How will Olivia react? She’s been supportive of Huck up to now but this might push her over the edge.

• TrudiV says:

Well there are several elephants in the room. Fitz has appointed Lizzie who was very much part of the let’s kidnap Olivia thing and let’s conspire against Fitz. So she had a come to Jesus moment after Huck was finished with her… but still… Why anyone would appoint her to such a sensitive position is beyond me. Shonda is back to her incredulous plots.

• Cena Gomez says:

I love your list. Especially the Olitz run off the Vermont and no More Jake, Papa and Mama Pope.

• Cheyenne says:

I just had a thought — now that Jake has let Olivia go, maybe he will get it on with Abby — or, even better, with Quinn. He and Quinn have a lot in common. Although I do kind of like Quinn with Charlie. I used to hate Charlie but he started to grow on me.

• TrudiV says:

I can endorse what you are saying. Susan would make a good president.
        Cyrus needs to end up alone – that man is just vile.

• Cheyenne says:

I absolutely hate Cyrus… he actually wanted to see Olivia sold off to some rape camp and killed. I feel sorry for poor Michael being stuck with that ghoul. I wish Huck or Charlie would give Cyrus the old buzz saw special. God knows he deserves it.

• TrudiV says:

This is not the first time Cyrus has worked against Olivia.
            I do not understand why she considers him her friend. Surely she is wiser than this. Cyrus is just as vile as her father and both of them do those annoying monologues

3. Jadidar says:

I like every point made. I could actually tolerate Jake with this outcome. B613 and triangle messed up the show for show. If the producers listen to the viewers, they’ll do something about it this season.

4. Dmac says:

Fitz and Olivia are toxic together.She becomes less of person when she is with him and no, it doesn’t make up for almost starting a war for her. Fitz doesn’t deserve her or anyone else.

• William says:

Completely agree. I honestly hope that this season proves that their relationship’s only a fantasy. They have way too much baggage to ever have a happy ending.

• Cena Gomez says:

Actually Olivia and Fitz are normal. What is toxic and not normal is Fitz and Mellie remaining married and they hate each other. They don’t have sex. You can only live off politics for so long. I do believe Olitz are destined to be together. The writers will never fully break them up.

• TrudiV says:

The weird thing about this dynamic is that I feel that Fitz is cheating on Olivia with Mellie.
            I remember in one episode when he went to the bathroom to hide from Mellie while talking to Olivia. He was laughing with Olivia over jokes for his speech… And who was behind the door eavesdropping on the conversation – Mellie. I would so have packed my bag and left…

• Nathalie says:

“This season will simply prove that they were destined to be together. If after 4 years this isn’t obvious to you….”

TrudiV, you are so right !

• Aly Lady says:

Everyone on the show has a lot of baggage. Why should Fitz and Olivia constantly put aside their own happiness for other people who clearly are only concerned about themselves? Olitz have loved each other for what 6 or 7 years Scandal years? They deserve happiness like everyone else.

• Jadidar says:

Fitz is no different from Olivia. They deserve each other. None of the characters derseve better partners exercpt Abby.

• Jadidar says:

‘excerpt’ God why all the mistakes. I better leave now.

• Cheyenne says:

Abby deserves the men she picks. I cut her a lot of slack for her first mistake; nobody chooses a wife-beater on purpose. But then she picks a cringing weasel like David and a slimy sleazeball like Leo. She’s got the worst taste in men,

• dude says:

Shonda committed the TV crime of not knowing where the line between “tortured love” and “toxic/abusive relationship” was. I loved Olivia/Fitz together seasons one and two but they spent too much time jerking them around for the sake of “drama” to the point where everything that made me root for them was gone come season four. Same thing happened to Chuck/Blair. Once that line is crossed, it can’t be retconned.

• Dmac says:

Agreed, the thought of them getting their happily ever after makes me queasy. Fitz last season lost any charm that he once had and now just seems like a creepy stalker.

• SO says:

I dont think they should get rid of Jake. He and Olivia have a better chemistry than Olivia and Fitz who is controlling and creepy now.

Nonsense!
        Mellie’s character was retconned with the “rape” by Fitz’ father. Now she’s practically the madonna to some people.
        Viewers have short memories; and some viewers watch shows with little understanding.
        Shonda better fix what she destroyed! The end of season 4 with Fitz and Olivia in each others’ arms is a welcome sign that Shonda now understands the error of her ways.

• allymcbeal says:

totally agree

• Tony says:

Agreed. And before the crazies chime in, it has nothing to do with his or her skin color. Nor is it about wanting her with Jake (which is another relationship that is a detriment to the character). I want to see more of the Olivia from S1 when she’s in hardcore, gladiator “fixer” mode.

• Aly Lady says:

The only toxic pairing I see on Scandal are Fitz and Mellie. The lies throughout their marriage and the damage done to their kids is toxic. These two want completely different things out of a marriage. Time to right a lot of wrongs and divorce.

5. William says:

I feel like Scandal would benefit from a time jump because I can’t see them dragging this presidency for another four years. Scandal needs a major change to keep the show going because it constantly goes in circles.

• Jules says:

A time jump would not be bad..it would bring new dynamics

• INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

Shonda has already said that the show isn’t going to run on indefinitely like Grey’s. I think they’ll end the show with Fitz still in office, and maybe a time jump in the last 5 minutes to show where everybody ended up.

• TrudiV says:

It will not be for 4 years. I suspect the show will end in 2016 or 2017. Perhaps it will coincide with the elections.

6. Matt C. says:

The show really started to suffer when they brought Jake and B613 into the fold. Now that Olitz is reunited and B613 is (hopefully) finished, what other storyline could Jake have? Season 5 needs to pull the focus back to A) the Gladiators doing their thing and B) the White House drama. That’s what made the first 2 seasons so amazing.

• I’m hoping for the POTUS divorce story in S5. It is funny how people call Olivia and Fitz toxic. Then what about Fitz and Mellie? Two people who don’t love each other, who don’t kiss, and who don’t have sex, and they only have kids for political reasons. It is time to end that toxic marriage. I want to see Olivia as First lady and even if Olitz doesn’t work for now and they break up, I still want Fitz free of Mellie to date other women.

• Fredia says:

I would like to see Fitz and Oliva together and married. Let them move to Vermont, make jam and raise a family!

• TrudiV says:

I agree with that. I just want to see Fitz and Olivia in a solid happy relationship from now on out. I don’t have to see them married. I just want to see them in a happy place with each other. Let me go on record as saying: One more breaking up of this couple and I am done with Shonda.

• Nathalie says:

Yes, Yes, Yes, againstthegrain !

7. dude says:

The Lena Dunham episode was one of my favourites last season. Not because of her but because I loved the idea of a Washington tell-all and how it opened up chaos all over OPA and the White House. They don’t need a ton of stunt casting but I don’t feel like they really overdo it anyway.

• Rook says:

I really liked the Lena Dunham episode too. Yes her wig was bad but it was a strong episode and I did not see it coming in the end.

8. LeeSP says:

Please God no more Mellie in the White House. She needs to develop a life away from Fitz to show us her much talked about but not seen greatness. Move on woman and show us who you are on your own without Fitz.

The focus of the show needs to be back to Olivia, OPA and some White House drama. I never want to hear the word B613 ever again.

Cyrus will work to rid of Lizzie and regain Fitz’s trust. He will be on a mission.

We need more of VP Susan Ross, crazy ass Sally Langston and her talk show, David, Leo and less of irrelevant Jake and Michael in small doses. Hopefully Marcus is joining OPA and we’ll see more cases being handled.

9. Jules says:

Mellie for President! All the way…I’d like to see her stand on her own two feet and prove that she does not need to be in Fitz’s shadow.
    Well nothing can make up for Fitz starting a war for his mistress….
    I would like to see more old-fashioned gladiating..OPA needs to regroup and get back to what they do best..
    As for Olivia, I’m hoping that she does not become a shell of herself/ turn into mush just because she’s now with Fitz.
    I’m all for Jake getting a more intriguing plot which is not romantic.

• LeeSP says:

VP Susan Ross is going to kick Mellie’s lazy entitled ass and will be the next President. Mellie has completely underestimated Susan.

The Brandon Bill scenes were a display of Susan’s willingness to work hard to achieve her goal for the good of the country. It also showed us that Mellie is lazy and has no real interest in governing the nation – she only wants to be President to rule the world.

• allymcbeal says:

Mellie can do better than Fitz.
        Fitz is the worst president ever it’s terrifying that someone that dumb could rise to the top

• diane lockhart says:

anyone can do better than fitz, the man has all the wrong priorities.

• INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

Mellie stans are annoying. For example, you all want to bring up Mellie graduating first in her law class as proof that she’s SO smart. But then you want to call Fitz dumb, even though he graduated from the same Ivy law school as Mellie, was a Rhodes scholar, has a PhD, and was first in his class in Navy flight training.

• Dmac says:

Dumb doesn’t necessarily mean book smarts. I think he is dumb for agreeing to start a war to save his mistress, I think he was dumb to murder a Supreme, I think he was dumb/cruel for having an affair with Olivia and throwing rubbing it in to Mellie. I think he dumb to kick his wife out of White House so soon after their son was murdered and have his mistress move in. So yea, Fitz is dumb.

• INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

If Fitz was dumb for starting that war, what was Mellie for giving him the last push to do it? If he was dumb for murdering Verna, what was Mellie for conspiring with her to rig a presidential election? If he was dumb for having an affair with Olivia, what was Mellie for begging Olivia to come back and run is reelection campaign? If Fitz is dumb for kicking Mellie out of the White House, what was Mellie for giving Rowan the name of the jurors which resulted in them getting killed? I’ll wait…

• Jules says:

Well to be fair…he didn’t rise to the top by himself, how can he when he can barely make a logical decision by himself…everything he’s accomplished in his adult life is by other people propping him up.

• INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

NOBODY gets to the most powerful position in the world by themselves. You think Obama or Bush or Clinton got themselves elected? Even Mellie needed Fitz, Lizzie Bear, Abby, Cyrus and Olivia to win her Senate seat.

• Aly Lady says:

I seem to recall Fitz being pressured from Mellie and others around him to invade East Sudan but his gut was telling him to hold off. Mellie opened her mouth on live TV to force Fitz to invade. Fitz gut was right as intel information that came in was faked which led to the discovering of the mole storyline. Fitz personal life may be a mess but he’s a good leader. Mellie is impulsive and does not think things through. She would not be a good POTUS.

• Nathalie says:

Team Fitz forever.

• VP Susan would make a great POTUS. Mellie, not so much. Mellie is all about entitlement and power. Susan actually wants to help people. Mellie only wants to help herself and her position. The Brandon Bill episode really made Mellie look like a spoiled brat up against Susan. I hope the writers did that on purpose to prove Mellie isn’t POTUS material.

• bree says:

ok, but there is no way Mellie can do worst than Fitz.
          he is actually the worst fictional president in the history of the United States of America
          He’s so weak. Cant make one decision on his own.

• INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

He kicked out Mellie and Cyrus on his own. I’d say that decision was pretty smart.

• Jules says:

Well it’s still to be seen if it was the right decision for him to kick out Mellie & Cyrus!! Don’t count your chicks just yet!

• TrudiV says:

We have been shown time and time and time again… for 4 years now, that Mellie can indeed do and does worse than Fitz.

• Jules says:

Yeah but Mellie has one thing that Susan doesn’t….Mellie will do whatever it takes, she’s not afraid to play dirty and cross lines…plus if she joins forces with Cyrus then they will be a deadly force. Susan Ross is a by-the-book person and that will lead to her downfall. And I’m counting on Mellie to do whatever it takes!!

• “Mellie will do whatever it takes” is not a good thing on Scandal. Whatever it takes is what got 17 people killed at her hands, which is why she was kicked out of the White House. Susan is what a POTUS should be and I hope she wins on the show. Fitz only has two more years life.

• Jules says:

Susan Ross is just like a Sally Langston, a plot device whose only use to to be an opponent who will be later defeated. Mellie’s got this!

• LeeSP says:

Do Mellie fans realize that Cyrus and Olivia think Mellie is an educated fool? Why are they constantly talking about Cyrus or Olivia helping Mellie be President?

Can’t Mellie stand on her own if she is so great? Let her find her own people to work with – maybe Leo can help her.

Plus Olivia and her team would beat Cyrus and Mellie on any given day. Cyrus and Mellie working together has been a disaster over and over again.

• TrudiV says:

Mellie’s fans are just like Mellie…

• Aly Lady says:

“Mellie fans are just like Mellie.” Drops the mike! Ouch..HeeHee…

• TrudiV says:

You left out a few over and over agains. Many as a matter of fact…
            It is what Olivia told Cyrus- Leave Mellie to her own devices she always self destructs.

• Cena Gomez says:

Olivia did say, Let Mellie be Mellie. She will screw it up eventually. Mellie wanted Susan because of her being over weight and un-electable. I promise, Shonda will twist it around and have Susan run against Mellie and win. Susan would make a better President because she cares about people. Mellie has no pitch other than feeling she’s entitled to be POTUS.

• TrudiV says:

You simply do not understand. Do you not realize that Susan has gotten everything she wanted without being nasty about it? Look at the episode when she got The Bill rewritten. Watch carefully and understand how she accomplished this monumental task without having to do “whatever it takes”.
          Susan will run rings around Mellie. The only how this doesn’t happen is if Mellie’s character is retconned once again.

• Jules says:

Susan will run rings around the whole cast when it comes to doing things by the book & having a clean image…what’s your point???
            Sally Langston was squicky clean until it was revealed that she had a gay hubby & then she murdered him in cold blood, & then became power hungry along the way…character images can change. how do you not get that Susan Ross is a plot device…smh

• Cena Gomez says:

I see Shonda flipping the script. Even Sally ran circles around Mellie. So I could definitely see Susan running for POTUS and even Fitz endorsing Susan and not Mellie. That would be so funny.

• ohwell! says:

If Shonda makes Mellie president, I would say her writers and she are the worst in the history of television. I didn’t give them that title even after b613 storyline but I will if Mellie becomes president.

10. mary says:

Liv and Fitz stay together and the gladiators reunite.

11. INeverRememberMyScreenName says:

Matt Webb Mitovich, will you marry me?

12. Win says:

Yeah, Lena Dunham’s wig was bad, but still better than half of the ones on Arrow…

13. diane lockhart says:

MELLIE GRANT FOR PRESIDENT

14. “Olivia finally gets her man”! Yes, I love Olitz. Fitz is the sexiest President on TV. I can’t blame Olivia. I’m rooting for their love story.

15. abz says:

I still intend on tuning in next season in the hopes of seeing some MUCH-NEEDED improvement as I have really enjoyed the show in the past (excluding this past season). However, flipping through the photos just makes me realize that I really don’t like the majority of these characters. I know many of them aren’t supposed to be too likable, but I can’t bring myself to care about any of them. The only one that I do care a little about is Liv and I want her to get back on track and fix her life (I wish she would leave Fitz once and for all but we know that isn’t happening). The rest can be entertaining to me (e.g., Mellie), but they are just not as likable to me.

• Brian says:

I agree with you, abz. Most of the characters not being likeable is one of the major problems for this show. That’s why I loved Matt’s wish list. If the writers follow some of his recommendations, it could make some of the characters likeable again (Papa Pope, Huck, etc.) or at least more tolerable to watch (Jake & Quinn).

• abz says:

Yeah, I agree that there could be a possibility of some becoming a bit more likable. They started a bit with Quinn last season after they toned down the crazy a bit, but like Jules below, I can’t bring myself to really care about the character. However, there are some characters that I feel there’s no coming back for them. Papa Pope went from an interesting and fun villain during the first season he was on to one of the most INSUFFERABLE characters in all of television for me. I absolutely loathe the character at this point and the neverending monologues and terrible acting and ridiculous B613 nonsense. I never want to see him on the show ever again. The other character is Huck. I don’t know about others, but I can’t feel sympathy for the character any more. He’s beyond help. He’s just a psycho and I don’t really see myself buying a redemption arc.

• Cheyenne says:

I am still wondering what in God’s name did Joe Morton think he was doing, hamming it up so badly while he was playing Rowan? I’ve seen him in many other roles and he’s a really fine actor. But as Rowan, he turned the role into a caricature and ended up making an ass of himself. I can’t believe he thought it was good acting. Was he getting tired of the role and decided to sabotage it? All I can say is from now on, whenever I hear the name Joe Morton, I won’t connect it with a talented artist, I will connect it instead with a ham actor who dreadfully overplayed his role, and that is a really sad legacy to go out on.

• Jules says:

I felt the same way when i was looking through the photos…Quinn somewhat redeemed herself this past season but not enough to let me root for her again. I’m indifferent to Abby, David Rosen & Papa Pope..I don’t hate them but I’m not overly fond of them either. Even with Huck being reunited with his family, it was simply not enough to overlook how monstrous he’s become. There are characters who are murderous but fun to watch like Charlie, Huck is just not one of them.

16. Lerbert says:

Thanks for this list Matt! For me, Huck has got to go. I turned to my husband at the finale when Quinn reveals she knows he was responsible for the buss massacre and said, “How can they possibly keep him as part of the group at this point?” And this in light of a raft of misdeeds and other murders committed by the various characters. To do justice to his actions that would be a forever gone–but maybe, maybe a long duration in some type of in-patient, face-mask, strapped to a board scenario could, again, maybe suffice. And please with the “being a dad” and reconciling with his family plot point. It really says something about Guillermo Díaz that so many of us were willing to stick through Huck’s serial killing.

17. EM says:

Huck and all the killing, along with B whatever has ruined this show. I think most people want to see character development not this spy crap and killing sprees. The real Olivia, Judy Smith (?) has got to have some serious reservations I would think. I plan on taping the fall season and watch during the winter hiatus to see if I can continue this show. I had high hopes but last season was a hot mess.

18. TrudiV says:

My wish for the show
    Fitz and Olivia in a solid relation. No more of that stupid triangle or on again off again mess.
    Get rid of Mellie – she has been a waste of space. Shonda needs to get back to Mellie being an after thought as was originally planned.
    No more B613
    No more Jake
    Get back to solving weekly cases.
    More of Sally, Susan and Hollis
    No more of Papa or Mama Pope
    More of crazy Charlie
    More of Leo

• Cheyenne says:

Agree with all of the above except for Leo. I can’t stand him. He oozes sleaze from every pore. I don’t see how Abby can stand to let him touch her. He’s gotta go.

• TrudiV says:

Yes Leo is sleazy, but he is sleazy in a fun way. He could become Susan’s chief of staff and try to change her or she change him.

19. MTB says:

My wish is that if Olivia makes that stupid face again she gets a bullet. And to think that the POTUS would move his mistress into the White House is ridiculous.This show has fallen so off track.

• Pennagirl says:

Olivia not having so many stupid expressions or ticked off expressions on her face. God every single still photo…Kerry Washington has the same or nearly the same look on her her face. A smile is nice once in a while.

20. anna says:

It’s time to get rid of Fitz, the worst fictional president ever. I want to see him dragged off to jail, while Mellie points and laughs.

21. TrudiV says:

@Jules

Anything can be a plot device… just as Mellie’s supposed rape was a disgusting plot device.

• Cena Gomez says:

Mellie’s rape was a blatantly obvious plot device to garner sympathy for a cold and selfish character. Fans aren’t idiot. Mellie was cool with Jerry in 2.11. she even flirted with him. The writers tried to rewrite history to fit the plot device and the fans saw right through it.

• TrudiV says:

Some fans see through the Mellie rape plot device. Some fans pretend not to see it. Some fans are totally oblivious because they don’t know what a plot device is. Some fans watch shows with little understanding and create their own version of things that have never been shown in any episode.

• TrudiV says:

I beg to differ – some fans are obviously idiots.

22. Ram510 says:

@Matt Webb Mitovich
    I’m a little disappointed by your wish list. It seems you’ve come up with great ideas for a series finale versus a compelling season. Most of the comments for some characters such as Huck are to the effect of “I hope he battles his demons once and for all and find happiness” basically closing out a story and presenting no conflict which is what you need to tell a story. Some of the character flaws we’d rather not see help keep a story going.
    Now as a fan of season 2&3 I liked how there was some case of the week but a lot of over arching story and fast paced storytelling. I’d rather they go back to that than season 1 (awesome) but slower pace and case of the week every week, this isn’t NCIS. Matter of fact some of the flaws in season 4 you pointed out I thought were good. Such as the kidnapping episode (which was good for about the first 2 episodes) and the race centered episode (which I felt was moving and was personally an eye opener for me). For me it was subsequent episodes after that were downhill for me. I do hope they can bring back the magic in season 5, but even in a “off” episode of Scandal it’s still high quality and much better than most every other drama on TV. Here’s hoping for a great season 5!

23. LL624 says:

This wish list is horrible. Especially the part about using Jake in a non-romantic way. Uh, no. He needs to get HIS girl back!