Ratings: Rats! Zoo Hits New Lows

CBS’ increasingly entertaining (if scientifically “iffy”) Zoo drew 5.8 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating this Tuesday, slipping 13 and 25 percent to hit new series lows.

NBC’s America’s Got Talent (10.7 mil/2.2) dipped 6 and 12 percent week-to-week yet easily led the night in both measures. Leading out of that, Hollywood Game Night (4.8 mil/1.3) ticked down a tenth.

Elsewhere, Fox’s 5th Grader (2.4 mil/0.6) and ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss (2.6 mil/0.7) both were flat.

1. Jennyzeroo says:

Jumped ship two weeks ago. The show got boring. Uninteresting characters and boring storylines. You should NOT be so surprised by the ratings drops. The REAL question is why you find this show “entertaining”, and maybe you should check out some others.

2. Gerald says:

I know Zoo numbers are not great, but their lows are still way better than so many other shows in the summer. I hope people get on board and CBS renews it for next summer. It is great scripted summer programming.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Lord know it is more fun than UNDER THE DOME ever was.

• wrstlgirl says:

Hahahaha THIS !!

• dan says:

Agree! Last night’s rat-centric episode was creepy, but the ending was great. I thought there were two good twists: the man on the date being tied to FBI guy, and Mitch seeing his “boss” through the window at Reiden Global. I’m enjoying this much more than UTD (which I’m hate watching at this point, just waiting for the end).

3. smartysenior says:

Zoo is one of the few shows I look forward to each week. The crazy animals is a hoot and so far the characters are all doing a good job in working the story forward. I wish the men would shave, they all look homeless to me, but otherwise no complaints.

4. Jane says:

I had very low expectations of this one because the book was horrible. Luckily they got rid of some of the dumber parts of the book and I’ve found it enjoyable. The plot is still really stupid but the actors are good and I would watch it just for Billy Burke. He does snarky better than anyone. Nonso Anozie is really good also.

5. Fido says:

Guess I’m one of the few who are quite enjoying the show – though it may’ve help that I marathoned 6 eps over a couple of days. And I don’t mind that any sane man would’ve seen that lift load of hungry rats and (once the coast was clear) get the heck out of Dodge tootsweet, and NOT strutted off down into the cellar to capture the giant mutha rat.

6. This show was horrible out the gate. No surprises here #crap

7. VJ says:

I don´t care for the not very accurate science. People watched CSI for sixteen years… I´m looking forward to Zoo every week. I would be happy about a renewal (and also: Billy Burke. Enough said.)

8. Mr. Tran K says:

Looks like CBS’ Summer shows like Zoo, Extant and Under the Dome can’t catch a break. Where does the Eye network go from here and what are the odds?

9. Nitemar says:

Wonder when Ben was going to make a cameo..just saying. I love rats, what can I say! :)

10. AngelWasHere says:

My family seems to love this show, but I check out when Zoo comes on. Too much talking, not enough animals, and the plot is so freaking stupid. Maybe I need turn my brain off completely to enjoy it, but I really can’t get into it anymore.

11. Adam says:

I love this show! At this point I don’t care how scientifically accurate it is, I just enjoy watching it! It’s fun and James Wolk is gorgeous and I am a huge fan of Billy Burke and Nonso Anozie. Just the kind of show I like to watch in the summer!

12. Laurie Emerson says:

I wish they had re-newed Motive. It was my favorite summer go to show to watch.

13. Flighty says:

Kind of dissapionted in how this show treat rats, liked how most episodes had a humane anti hunting or anti animal cruelty message put in.

But with rats they just decide to destroy them all- yknow the very reason animals are suppodesdly attacking humans in this show is because humans destroy and abuse them.

Also rats brux when they are happy- not sharpening their teeth.

Would have liked less fear mongering for an animal that is already widely misunderstood .

Rats are actually on par with dogs when it comes to having them as pets, would have liked if they treat them like they did every other infected animal but nope

The speciesism is strong in this episode.