Young & Hungry Renewed for Season 3

Young & Hungry is inching closer to old age: ABC Family has renewed the comedy for a third season.

In making the announcement, the cabler’s EVP of programming, Karey Burke, noted that Y&H ranked “as cable’s No. 1 original series in its timeslot in key demos” during the first half of Season 2. (Season 2b kicks off tonight.)

1. Allen says:

yay, another season of will they or wont they between a young girl and her older boss.

• BrightLight says:

I love this show but I hope they finally give up that storyline soon because I don’t know if I can handle another season of it. The one and half seasons they’ve done already has been enough for me.
      Of course I love the Yolanda/Elliot scenes more than anything, so I’m happy to have another season of that.

• Sheila says:

Josh turned 30 not too long ago. Gabi is early 20s.

2. Babybop says:

Yay! I think this will pair very well with Baby Daddy in the future.

3. brandydanforth81 says:

I’m happ since I like the show..Please ABCFamily renew Fosters for s4& Switched for s5 too

4. WB says:

Cooper… <3

5. Candice says:

That’s great.

6. Cathy Viviano says:

Sounds like a pretty good family friendly tv show. Lol

7. EM says:

yay!!! this made my day

8. MK says:

love this show!

9. Lizo says:

I enjoy it, but seriously, why do all the ABC Family sitcoms suck? Their dramas are really good and technically well made, but their sitcoms feel so forced and canned. Even when you like the characters it’s hard to get invested because it’s SO over the top

10. Mr. Tran K says:

This news makes me happy and more Emily Osment.

11. Mr. Sunshine says:

I really enjoyed last night’s premiere. Ultimately, they do belong together.

12. Will says:

is that Jesse McCartney in the photo? (don’t really watch the show)

13. The Watcher says:

Emily Osment certainly grew up. Beautiful and I find her enjoyable with both the comedy and what few dramatic notes they give her to play.

Really hoping the “will they” / “won’t they” vibe can be put to rest as narrative device moving forward though. It’s a part of getting together, but I’d much rather see them trying to be a couple.

Gabby made a good point at the end of the first episode back, Josh would do anything for her, but she wants to make her own dreams a reality. There’s one storyline right there. Plus there’s always Co-habitation, Working for your Boyfriend, Seperating the working relationship from the romantic relationship, Meeting Parents!

A wealth of material exists that’s not just another season of yes/no “I’m ready but you’re not” and “You’re ready but I’m not”