Fall TV Preview
The Returned Season 2 Premiere

Sundance's Returned Gets Season 2 Premiere: Watch First Teaser

Get ready for The Returned to… well, return.

The second season of the French supernatural series will debut on Sundance this fall, the network announced Wednesday.

RELATED Christina Hendricks Joins Sundance’s ’80s Drama Hap and Leonard

The drama (aka Les Revenants) was the basis for A&E’s English-language series of the same name; that adaptation was cancelled in June. Season 2 of the original series reportedly wrapped filming in April.

As part of the announcement, Sundance released an eerie 15-second teaser trailer, which you can watch below:

1. James says:

I still miss the A&E version. I would have love to see what happens and if Helen’s plan on destroying the dam was foiled in time and that hopefully it turns out that Tommy really killed Simon the first time during the day of his and Rowan’s wedding.

• Grey says:

You should watch the French version. It’s amazing and shot beautifully

The answer to the question regarding the damn is answered pretty clearly in the finale of the French version

• Poster4392 says:

They deviated from the French version towards the end, so I dont know if the French version will give us many answers to the US version, but I’d love that. The French version is AMAZING though!! SO glad we get it back this fall!!

• Linda says:

Yes, the French version is much better than the A&E version. I tried watching the A&E version, but didn’t even get halfway through the first episode.

2. LynnH says:

Wonderful! Thank you!! :)

3. AngelWasHere says:

Yay! So is this the French version? I’m confused. Looks like different people from the US one on AE.

4. Ellinas1978 says:

Is the French version somewhere online for us to catch up?

5. Kara says:

Is this one in a different language that is coming on the Sundance channel? I know the one on netflix is a different language and I couldn’t get past the first episode reading the subtitles. I wish it is like the old kung foo movies where their lips are moving in a different language but in american words!

• AngelWasHere says:

Thats a good question. I want to know this too. I hope it’s dubbed. Reading subtitles can be exhausting.

• Muller says:

I forgot that Americans are too lazy to read some damn subtitles.

• AngelWasHere says:

I once stayed up and read a whole 2 hour movie that was in subtitles. I also read quite often, so no its not laziness. It’s just the thought of reading a whole entire series with subtitles that seems exhausting, but that’s just me. Call me lazy if you want, but don’t generalizing a whole country on a few comments. It’s rude.

• Kara says:

No its not lazy….I would just like to be able to enjoy watching the beautiful scenery that everyone talks about. If I am reading subtitles I wont be able to enjoy the scenery.

• Martyn says:

Read Faster.. I’m from Europe we’re used to watching many movie shows with subtitles. Dubbing has two issues, one: lost in translation, two: you cant get the same emotion from the characters when dubbed so ergo pointless..

• just be nice says:

Was that really necessary? It has nothing to do with being lazy….if we Americans wanted to read…we’d read a book…not the a TV!

• not lazy ass hole, but who wants to read and not see whats going on at the same time?

• Simon Jester says:

Yes, it’s subtitled rather than dubbed. And “American words” are what many of us call the English language.

• Kara says:

lol…normally I would write something snarky back to you…but I have to lower my head in shame because you are so correct. God my comment sounds so ignorant. The proper words were not coming to my brain yesterday. Thanks for the laugh!

• Ellinas1978 says:

They did the same with the German show that just ended (over the summer). Really enjoyable.

6. cej says:

So,it’s not so much a return date we’ve got as a return season – Fall? Regardless, I’m SO excited for season 2 of this show! I enjoyed the U.S. remake alright, but it can’t hold a candle the amazing French version!

7. Temperance says:

I’m pretty surprised that it’s coming back. It was slow and not interesting.

8. A&E version should be forgotten.

9. John says:

So i guess if you want to watch in English instead of French, you’re out of luck?