Chasing Life Leo Funeral

Chasing Life Preview: April Discovers Leo's Final Gift, Lashes Out at Dominic

Prepare yourselves, Chasing Life fans, because Monday’s episode (ABC Family, 9/8c) is going to hurt.

A new batch of photos from the episode offer a glimpse into Leo’s funeral, which includes lots of balloons and an apparent serenade courtesy of RuPaul’s Drag Race contestant Adore Delano.

But it’s the clips released from the episode that are really going to hit you — like this first one, in which April discovers a scavenger hunt Leo left behind for his loved ones. She’s not exactly keen on following his trail, but Beth is determined to change her mind:

Or this clip, in which Dominic awkwardly tries to apologize for everything that’s happened. Let’s just say it doesn’t end too well — unless, of course, he wants April to tell him, “I don’t need you. I never did. We were co-workers who dated for, like, a minute. That’s it!”

And on a slightly more upbeat note, ABC Family also released this clip of Brenna and Finn, in which he promises he’s going to beat his best time in the 200-meter dash that spring:

Chasing Life fans, have you recovered from the initial shock of Leo’s death? Watch the videos above, then check out the photos below and drop a comment with your thoughts on his passing.

1. Lynn Garcia says:

Is this show renewed yet??? I know we only have 6 more episodes left until the finale…

2. wrstlgirl says:

Dang, you just made me tear up again, lol.

3. Julia says:

I just can’t….too much sadness on this show. :(

4. Belle says:

Even though I knew Leo’s time would soon be coming to an end, it still didn’t make it any easier watching his death…he was such a vital part of the show and was April’s happily ever after. Unless they jump ahead a year or two in the final episodes of the season I just can’t see how Dominic will fit back into the Carver women’s lives.
    Now if TPTB can just renew this show I might be able to be happy again.

5. Erika says:

This is so sad. I can’t believe they killed off Leo. He was one of the main reasons I watch this show.

• Angel says:

Me too but all in all if they don’t agree to find a way to bring him back Scott Michael foster will be on abc the end of Sept in blood and oil but playing a bad guy.

6. c-mo says:

I really do love this show! The Dominic/April scene clearly comes right after the funeral and April hasn’t begun healing yet, she’s still in the anger phase. I have a feeling that after she begins the scavenger hunt, she’ll come to her senses and realize that Dominic really was trying to be a friend and apologize for being an idiot. I’d also like to see more of Finn, I’m enjoying his character but it seems a little creepy that Brenna attached herself to someone just because he’s sick.

7. Christy says:

I still can’t believe they killed Leo. I had no idea it was coming. That whole scene played out one of my biggest fears, so that scene was a huge punch in the gut.

8. Heather says:

Leo’s death was such a shock to me, I had to re watch the scene which only led to me crying intensely. He was so perfect for her and they had the perfect night together. I hate that it ended so soon

9. Red Snapper says:

Were people really shocked that they killed off Leo? It was obvious once they actually got married that he wasn’t long for this world. I didn’t think they would do it so soon though, maybe a couple more episodes after the wedding one. I still cried when she couldn’t wake him and it was obvious she never would. As much as I rooted for the two of them they were never going to be the show’s OTP or endgame. I don’t think I’ll ever root for Dominic though, he’s a bit of an ass and not the fun kind.

• Nicole says:

Me either. I really hope the writers are respectful to Leo and Aprils relationship and dont push Dominic on her. They tried that relationship in the beginning and it didnt work it wont work now either.

• fiberlicious says:

Dominic? The loser who dumped because she didn’t immediately tell him she had cancer?

No thanks.

• fiberlicious says:

Hell yes, we were! I knew he was leaving the show, but there were many options for his exit that didn’t require shafting fans like that.

10. Angel says:

I believe they should come back next season with April waking up n reality being the opposite that had happened only she didn’t die but the whole death of Leo is simply a horrific dream she had while she was passed out n ends up waking up in the hospital kinda startled seeing Leo watching her waiting for to wake up. Then all can explained as to what happened n Leo is back n not dead! Sounds good right? That way Leo is still alive but the end of this season can still make sense!

• amber says:

OMG I AGREE!!!!!!!!!! Like when she passed out in the church, she doesn’t come to until the next season and it was all just a terrible nightmare!!!

11. I don’t like this at all. I had no idea that they were headed in that direction. I was so shocked it took a bit to catch my breath. I like Angel’s comment about it being a dream or something but I don’t think that is going to happen. wow :(

12. Tresi Liimonti says:

Love the show! ! On Monday I was taking for a loop. Didn’t see Leo dyin.this made me so sad and in a state of shock.

13. Susan says:

This is to hard.i do like Dominic but why kill Leo like this

• Daisy says:

I no I hope April won’t go back to Dominic like really I hate when they do them at . leo was the one tho. And he was more fun then Dominic .

14. Marie says:

I was fine with Dominic up until he made Natalie his consolation prize. She didn’t deserve that even if the relationship never got serious.

15. silverpetticoatreview says:

Dominic’s just not the right guy for her. Everything she said is true, even if it hurts him to say it. Hopefully, April will eventually find someone new after mourning Leo. Though, I wouldn’t be surprised if April dies in the end as well, reuniting with Leo. Chasing Life doesn’t necessarily mean living a long life, just a fulfilling one.

16. Susan says:

Without Leo, the show will suck!!! I can’t watch it anymore:(

17. It is just too sad to watch April go through such a battle with leukemia, father’a death, and new sister with “secret” family; then lose the one bright spot in her life. Who will be her sole support for clinical trials? Mother, sister, uncle, best friend…all worthy and “in”her heart, but not her sole mate…..

18. Cathy Skaar says:

I hate that Leo died so unexpectedly but April needs to embrace everything he taught her about life and living. Having cancer puts your view of life in a new perspective but the truth is, anyone can die on any given day for any reason. You have to live your life while you can, with no regrets, and not be afraid about the future. I don’t think April really embraced that before she thought Leo was “safe”. I hope she learns from this that nothing in life is for sure. I hope they don’t put her back together with Dominic. He’s a jerk and doesn’t deserve her.

19. D.Lynn says:

This actually blows it for me. If Leo is truly gone and not a hoax I have no interest in this show at all. Leo totally made it a better show. For me no Leo won’t watch it anymore!!!!!

20. Cary says:

I really only watched the show for Leo. He seemed like the most honest of the characters, except perhaps for Uncle George. Everyone else seems like a caricature of real person.

21. Jessica says:

I actually liked April and Dominick…. The idea of killing off Leo so soon after the wedding though is saddening but at least they did it where there last night was good. I am really intrigued to see the scavenger hunt and hear the letters. Also to see the reason behind Leos Death.

22. Staci says:

I was hoping some how he would be able to pull off working on two shows.. But when he said in the ep.. I have a headache,,, I was like oh no,,,, he is not going to make it…

23. amber says:

BEYOND HEARTBROKEN! I don’t know if I will continue to watch this show. I understand he is on another show, but so many actors play on more than one show. This is probably one of the most depressing twists I have ever seen! So sad…