Emmys

Emmys 2015: Who Should Win Best Lead Actor in a Comedy? Take Our Poll!

The Emmys giveth — and the Emmys snatcheth and grabbeth like a petty thief on a city sidewalk.

Exhibit A: The Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons, winner for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series four out of the last five years, who finds himself completely shut out of a nomination in 2015.

The bad news for Parsons, of course, is excellent news for awards-show audiences that like a little variety in the stauette-distribution process.

There’ll be three newcomers from freshman series attempting to crash the party in the noisiest way possible: The Last Man on Earth‘s Will Forte (previously nominated for writing on Late Show with David Letterman and guest-starring on 30 Rock); Transparent‘s Jeffrey Tambor (nominated six prior times as Supporting Actor in a Comedy for his work on Arrested Development and The Larry Sanders Show); and black-ish‘s Anthony Anderson (his first career nod).

Four of the men who’ve played bridesmaid to Parsons in recent years are hoping it’ll be their turn to take the altar podium: Louie‘s Louis C.K. (in the running for the fifth straight time), House of Lies‘ Don Cheadle (on his fourth straight nod), Episodes‘ Matt LeBlanc (his fourth nod in five years), and Shameless‘ William H. Macy (for the second consecutive year).

What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out on Sept. 20? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite, then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next couple of weeks, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honors!

1. Lisa says:

As much as i think jeffrey tambor deserves the win here I have to go with william h macy because i think the brilliance that is the character of frank gallagher should really be recognized before its too late and let tambor take it for a later season of transparent

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Jeffrey Tambor FTW

3. maregolden says:

I think if more people watched Episodes, Matt LeBlanc would be at the top of the poll. Joey he is not!

4. John Davis says:

Jeffrey Tambor.

5. Lizo says:

I feel like this isn’t the strongest category this year. They all did good work, but none of it exceptional.

6. Ellinas1978 says:

Matt LeBlanc. He’s the funniest actor in the funniest show from the ones listed. Some of those are not even comedies. Others we can debate whether they are funny but that’s subjective. But at least 2 of the shows are not funny.

7. A fan of TV says:

It will be Tambor. The hype, the subject matter, the quality…its so top of mind that only backlash towards the hype could really hurt him. And awards shows rately let petty things like hype backlash stand in the way when they’re picking favourites

8. Ron says:

My vote goes to Matt LeBlanc. Not only do I think he’s overdue for an Emmy, but I truly think he’s the funniest out of the bunch. I love Louis C.K., but I’ll never get behind an Emmy win for him for acting. Writing? Absolutely. But never acting. And I love Jeffrey Tambor in Transparent. He’s the thing that holds that entire show together. But I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Transparent is NOT a comedy, and Tambor’s work on Transparent is not comedic! A few light, comedic moments does not a comedy make! Also, not a comedy just because it’s 30 minutes, as opposed to the typical drama of 42/60 minutes. If Tambor was in the drama category, he’d have my full support. But here in the comedy category, LeBlanc is easily the best of those nominated. (All of the above also applies to Macy for Shameless.) Not that any of this matters because Tambor will win anyway. I think genre has no meaning to the television academy…

9. Television says:

I don’t watch any of these shows. Who is choosing these shows?

10. JBC says:

The only show I have seen from this group of fine actors is blackish! So my vote went to Anthony Anderson. He is very funny in it!