NBC Sitcoms Schur Fey

NBC Orders Pair of New Sitcoms from Mike Schur and Tina Fey

NBC on Thursday announced two new comedies from a group of very familiar creatives forces.

First up is A Good Place from Parks and Recreation creator Mike Schur, network president Bob Greenblatt revealed at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills. Though further details were unavailable, Greenblatt described the comedy as being about “a woman wrestling with what it means to be good.”

Additionally, Tina Fey and Robert Carlock will be producing a yet-untitled sitcom — created by Tracy Wigfield, who won an Emmy for writing the 30 Rock series finale — which is described as a “slightly autobiographical comedy about an up-and-coming millennial woman working at a cable news network where her meddling mother gets a job.”

Schur’s project is being given a straight-to-series order, Greenblatt later clarified, while Fey and Carlock are merely filming a pilot.

Any casting suggestions for either new series? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. Tony Lang says:

Yay! Another Tina Fey sitcom for Netflix! I absolutely loved Kimmy Schmidt!

2. rarefied says:

Noooooooooooooo! Just one mention of that finale and “Rural Juror” is stuck in my head.

(But can’t wait for these shows.)

3. dude says:

I wonder what that means for Tracy’s future as a writer on The Mindy Project. She’s written some of their best episodes.

• Mary says:

Considering she wrote the worst episodes last year and the show sounds terrible probably no change but I wouldn’t miss her on Mindy at all.

4. Jeremy says:

Great news on both fronts though I envision another situation where the NBC Network backs out at the last second and both shows end up on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon (much like what happened with “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”)
    NBC Network just doesn’t like to take risks anymore whereas NBC Universal studio does.

5. Ally Oop says:

I think NBC should just give up on making comedies. How many years has it been since they’ve had a hit comedy?

6. Joe says:

Both shows sound extremely original, exciting and revolutionary. Ha.

7. Kad92 says:

Tina Fey’s new show sounds a lot like “Work Mom”, a pilot at ABC Family a few years ago that didn’t go to series.

8. B says:

really excited for both of these!

9. Mary says:

The Tina show sounds god awful. Probably why only got a pilot, something tells me it’s all it will get.

But I love what Mike Schur does so I’m here for that. I could see this ending up on Hulu or Net with the rate NBC is going though. I do wonder what that means for Brooklyn 99.

10. militantgod says:

Why would Schurs new show effect Brooklyn? Dan Goor is its show runner.