Downton Abbey Season 6

Downton Abbey Season 6: First Photos From the Crawleys' Final Outing

The footmen! The Countess! The white-hot sexual tension between Carson and Mrs. Hughes!

The first batch of photos from the final season of Downton Abbey — premiering Jan. 3 on PBS — are a bittersweet reminder of everything we’re going to miss about the long-running drama.

“We can promise a final season full of all the usual drama and intrigue, but with the added excitement of discovering how and where they all end up,” executive producer Gareth Neame said in March.

Browse our gallery of Season 6 photos below, then drop a comment: How do you want Downton Abbey to end?

1. Alyse says:

I love it! I think the sunset in the background is great. I know their characters moved to America, but I wish Allen and Lily were in the picture.

2. Theo says:

Would be great if Thomas finds happiness…Maybe then he would stop trying to ruin everyone else’s.

3. Z says:

I am in complete denial that this the final season. I don’t want to believe it. Hopefully we get a satisfying ending.

4. Scott says:

Maggie Smith looks like she’s at Gosford Park

5. Susannah says:

I hope Lady Edith gets a happy ending or at least isn’t left crying in a corner somewhere.

6. Ally Oop says:

I was hoping Tom would be back. Why is it my favourite characters all left: Sybil, Matthew and Tom. I guess my face is now Isabelle.

7. Sandy Weston says:

I think Lady Edith will get some kind of a happy ending or the promise of anyway. Bertie Pelham, Brancaster Castle’s Land Agent, is also the third cousin of the Lord and owner of the Castle if you’ll remember the conversation between him and Edith. Third Cousin, (like Mathew was!) The Lord and owner he said, didn’t have much interest in the Castle and was constantly running around doing all kinds of things. The Lord hired his cousin out of pity and to take care of things for him. Anyway, the Lord might have an accident and die and Bertie Pelham takes over the title and Castle and possibly asks Edith to marry him. She tells him about her daughter and he takes the baby on also. But then, if she’s in London a lot, she’s taken over the business she was left and he just might join her there because…. maybe it’s Brancaster Castle that has to be sold??? He showed interest in Edith; either way, it looks promising for her.

8. Victoria says:

Oh I just hope Thomas gets a wonderful boyfriend, he really needs it!

9. Victoria says:

Somehow I feel like Mrs Hughes is going to die…

10. Steve Pepper says:

Best show I’ve ever watched.