Fall TV Preview

Doctor Who Trailer Tees Up 'Spectacular' Season 9

“He hasn’t got a plan yet,” Doctor Who‘s Clara informs Maisie Williams’ character in the BBC America series’ Season 9 trailer. But when the Time Lord does pull everything together, she reassures, “it will be spectacular.”

The same can be said for the recently released preview itself, which offers highlights of the upcoming season. These include a dragon/sea beast-looking creature, some seriously creepy eye-palm action, dozens of daleks and, of course, Williams’ (Game of Thrones) turn as a mysterious, “significant” woman.

Doctor Who returns on Saturday, Sept. 19, at 9/8c.

Press PLAY on the video above to watch the trailer, scroll down to see the official Season 9 poster, then hit the comments with your predictions about how these next few trips in the TARDIS will play out.

Doctor Who Poster Season 9

1. B says:

Can’t wait!

2. Kevin says:

I loved the eye-hand, uh, co-ordination thing.

3. KayCeeCee says:

Would you say that Peter Capaldi’s Doctor is now your favourite Doctor?

• BenM says:

I think very few would. But I, for one, am loving this one.

• Jane says:

No I wouldn’t. I like the actor but he has just never clicked as the Doctor for me. I’ve seen them all and usually by the third or forth episode I can see the Doctor. I just have never seen it with him. Not a big fan of Clara either. The good think about Dr. Who though is that if a certain actor isn’t your favorite you can just keep watching with the knowledge that the Doctor and the Companion will change eventually.

• AT says:

David Tenant is still my favorite. And I enjoyed Matt Smith, though I wasn’t a fan of the writing. But I am quite enjoying Peter Capaldi. It is a nice change of pace.

4. Blink is one of my all time favorites the Weeping Angels still scare the beezus out of me even more than the Silence.