Web Therapy Cancelled at Showtime

Dr. Fiona Wallice’s three minutes are up.

Showtime has pulled the plug on Web Therapy, Lisa Kudrow‘s comedy about an unorthodox shrink whose “modality” involves giving terrible advice in 180-second sessions, after four seasons. TVLine has updated its Cable Renewal Scorecard to reflect the news.

Asked by reporters about the possibility of a Season 5, Showtime president David Nevins declared “No, that’s done,” after the network’s presentation at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

The quirky, improvised series began as an online program, with Showtime picking up the existing content with added scenes beginning in 2010.

Among the myriad A-list guest stars who signed up to play with Kudrow and producing partners Dan Bucatinsky and Don Roos included Lily Tomlin, Meryl Streep, Jon Hamm, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Allison Janney, Victor Garber, Matthew Perry, Courteney Cox and Alan Cumming.

Will you miss Web Therapy or was it time for the series to call it quits? Sound off in the comments!

1. Eran says:

A pity but was good while it lasted. Can’t wait to see what Lisa Kudrow sinks her teeth into next.

2. Terry Socol says:

Lisa Kudrow was terrific in the role but Showtime failed to give it much promotional support and scheduled it obscure times. Look forward to seeing what she does next. She is very talented.

3. John Davis says:

Too bad. I love this show.

4. ClearlyDemented says:

Where’s Netflix when you need them?

5. Kar Gonet says:

This was a stupid show, so glad it won’t be taking up any more space in the Showtime lineup.

6. Guilherme says:

I kind like the show but I think cancellation is good because now Lisa can focus on The Comeback, I hope so.

7. Stanislava says:

Booo!!!I hope Lisa and Dan come up with something just as fresh and original next.

8. ghostface says:

maybe now she’ll do a season 3 of the comeback!

9. HAP says:

In actually enjoyed this show more than the comeback. What is somewhat unprecedented, is that Kudrow headlined a series on Showtime and one on HBO simultaneously. And now, it looks like she goes from 2 shows to none.

10. lkh says:

That’s too bad. Really enjoyed it–very clever, very funny. A lot of it was ad libbed. Lily Tomlin–wow as Mom.

11. craig says:

I enjoyed every season and the final episode had a good amount of closure so I’m happy with the half hours of hilarity Showtime gave us. Can’t wait to see what Lisa Kudrow does next.

12. kevin says:

This sucks, Worst news I-ve got this week.

13. ComeOn says:

Well, they can always just go back as an online show, like it was before.

14. All that I can say to Showtime is “Who Do You Think You Are?”

15. Karen says:

The cancellation is awful news. This show was so original and clever. I loved watching the parade of stars interact with Kudrow. Showtime should have done more to make viewers know that they had this gem on their line up. With more viewers watching, maybe it would have survived. I hope it resurfaces on the web – I will sorely miss it.

16. kathleenhogg says:

I just binge watched this series. I have to say that it was creative, funny, engaging and most of all original. I didn’t even know that this show existed until I got SHOMI. So maybe if it had been promoted better, it may have had a better following.

This is sad news…..it seems weird that crappy shows get so much more attention.

I hope that they reconsider or they put it online.

17. Sophie says:

There’s all 4 seasons on amazon prime. So gutted their cutting it..fools don’t know a good show even when it smacks them in the face it seems :/ shame

18. Freudian says:

Clever and funny show. I wish it would come back!! So sad to see it over. Liked this more than The Comeback. Kudrow & Tomlin are hilarious as daughter and mom! And the guest stars and cast! Gold. Netflix???

19. Deb says:

I loved the show, its concept and especially its guest stars….

20. lldalgliesh says:

Web Therapy was one of the funniest shows on TV. Whoever made the decision to not bring it back is crazy. All the great cameos and Lisa Kudrow’s ability to make us laugh our butts off while just sitting at a desk… There’s no way whatever show is going to takes its place is going to be half as entertaining as Web Therapy. I hope I see Lisa Kudrow using her comedic talents elsewhere. YOU WILL BE MISSED!

21. lldalgliesh says:

I can’t believe one of the funniest shows on TV was canceled! Even the “Greats” knew how funny it was – hence all the hilarious cameos. Lisa Kudrow and the others could make us laugh our butts off while just sitting behind a desk. Bad call by whoever it was at Showtime that axed the show. IT WILL BE MISSED! I hope to see Lisa Kudrow using her comedic talents elsewhere (where it’s appreciated). p.s-I also agree with others’ statements that the show was never given the promotional or scheduling support it deserved.

22. Kelly says:

Bring back web therapy….sooooo funny. Loved that show