True Detective Finale Ratings Season 2

Ratings: True Detective Finale Down From Last Year's Season-Ender

Remember, True Detective, never do anything out of hunger…

HBO’s anthology series garnered an audience of 2.73 million on Sunday, down 22 percent from last year’s finale, which nabbed 3.5 million viewers, our sister site Deadline reports.

The episode also saw a 15 percent decline from this season’s 3.2 million premiere audience, but was up significantly (25 percent) from the Aug. 2 episode — this season’s least-watched — which totaled 2.18 million viewers.

True Detective‘s first season was the most watched in HBO’s history, clocking in at an average audience of 11.9 million, including DVR viewing. Deadline reports that HBO’s calculations have the second season averaging 11.3 million viewers.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I’m fine whether or not True Detective gets renewed for Season 3.

2. daviddavid says:

Just for the record; I watched the finale again last night and the ending really came alive … almost like a set-up for another series. I liked Vince Vaughn; I liked Colin and Rachel … the story didn’t make a lot of sense and the big reveal about the killer didn’t work …. who cares.

Liked Nails!

3. Will says:

I hope it gets a renewal so Pizzolato could right his wrongs. He should go back to the first season format, but change up the story. Keep it to minimal characters, give them depth, and maybe find another director that could take on the entire season. John Doal is underrated and would probably nail it. Tim Van Patten would be great, too. Same goes for David Slade. I’m going to stop here because I could just keep listing great TV directors.

4. Heathers says:

Still better than almost every network show ever.

5. Keith says:

I am hoping HBO sets up an 800# so I can get refunded for those 8.5 hours I lost.

6. BrittBrat says:

The finale was pretty good compared to the beginning of the series. However, I didn’t know what was going on because I wasn’t paying attention during the beginning part of the season. It was just really boring to me.

7. Danny says:

Thé Most over rated season from hbo, poorly written script, slow tempo,combined with useless performances from leading actors, making this season a winner in the turkey category.