Last Ship Renewed Season 3

Last Ship Renewed for Season 3 at TNT

TNT’s Last Ship is full steam ahead: The cable network has renewed the drama for a third season.

The series’ second season will end with a cliffhanger finale on Sept. 6. The 13-episode Season 3 will premiere next summer.

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

After averaging 4.4 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating during its freshman run, The Last Ship opened Season 2 with 2.9 mil and a 0.7, but has “stayed the course” ever since, most recently drawing 3 mil and a 0.8.

Want scoop on The Last Ship, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. wrstlgirl says:

This show is really firing on all cylinders again this season. One of my top summer favs for sure!!!

• tvjunkie says:

Yeah it’s much better then the mess called Falling Skies, which lost it’s way last season and is limping to the finish line this season.

2. Fido says:

Excellent and Awesome have already been used so I’ll say Funky :)

3. Lizo says:

Yay!!!! I love this show. I wasn’t sure how they’d maintain the energy from s1, but s2 has been awesome!! I’d like a bit more screen time for the other characters, but that’s my only “complaint”. Look forward to it every Sunday.

4. Bella says:

Great news!

5. bj says:

Definitely good news.

6. Jeff hunter says:

Glad that its coming back and everything buuuuuuuut one request if/whenever its TNT turn at TCAS could one of you journalist pleeeeeeeeease ask Kevin Reilly for an update on TITANS,we fanboys/girls are getting antsy from not hearing anything since may,yes Steven r. McQueen got cast on Chicago fire but only recurring role so if Grayson came his way,he’d take it in a heartbeat!jeff

7. m3rcnate says:

Not the smartest show in the world, not the best show in the world, but almost every single episode has been enjoyable and fun, and that is a rare feat to accomplish in Television. Bravo.

8. liam5794 says:

I’ve only watched the 1st ep of this new season. The rest of the episodes are piling up on my DVR, along with The Red Road, Rectify, Tyrant and Deutschland 83. I had it in the back of my mind that The Last Ship wasn’t going to get a 3rd season and was just thinking last night how I may just dump it. Guess I’ll just keep recording it and binge them over the holidays in December when everything else is in repeats.

• Will says:

Loved Deutschland 83…hope it renews. Tyrant has been getting better though.

• liam5794 says:

“Deutschland 83” creators-exec producers Anna Winger and Joerg Winger hope to tell the Cold War saga over three seasons, with three-year time jumps each season leading up to the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany Keeping fingers crossed they can continue this.

9. Kailani says:

Perfect summer fare, and far better than the hot mess that Falling Skies became.

10. Mr. Tran K says:

Very happy about Last Ship getting renewed. Can’t wait to see what happens next come Summer 2016.

11. Beth says:

Love this show! curious what the cliff hanger will be?

12. Jess says:

I haven’t been paying attention to the ratings this summer, and I’m a little sad to see they’ve slipped. I thought Season 1 was strong. But I believe Season 2 has been even more compelling with a far broader storyline. It’s been an easy must see for me every week, and I’ve enjoyed nearly every episode – (had a hard time last week with the drawn out un-brainwashing).

13. Pat says:

All I can say with a big grin on my face, is “FANTASTIC NEWS”!!!!!!!

14. John Davis says:

Nice!

15. Helen says:

Love the show and glad its been renewed.

16. Mike D. says:

To the producers of The Last Ship and Falling Skies.
    My wife and have very much enjoyed both shows the first two seasons.
    Why in the world would anyone who controls the content ofhink it O.K. to use Our Lords name in vain in the shows. There is nothing to be gained for the show in using God and Jesus as an exclamation to make a point.

We WIL NOT be watching either show as of this week.

Praise To Our Lord and Savior!
    Christians unite to tell them it is not O.K. to do this!!

Blessings and Love To All.

Mike and Pam D.

• Jf says:

My Husband and I are mid way on season to and taken the Lords name in vain has ruined it for us.
      The story line captured us . But there is no need what so ever to use Our Gods name in vain. Producers, Tnt etc !!!
      It is so frustrating. We are turning Tnt off and the last ship. Consider making movies without Gods name in vain because it is truly not ok.

17. Mike D. says:

To the producers of The Last Ship and Falling Skies.
    My wife and have very much enjoyed both shows the first two seasons.
    Why in the world would anyone who controls the content think it is O.K. to use Our Lords name in vain in the shows. There is nothing to be gained for the show in using God and Jesus as an exclamation to make a point.

We WILL NOT be watching either show as of this week.

Praise To Our Lord and Savior!
    Christians unite to tell them it is not O.K. to do this!!

Blessings and Love To All.

Mike and Pam D.

• Mike J says:

Shut up! The Last Ship is a great show and keeps getting better. Falling Skies is finishing on a high note. Enjoying both shows. That’s exactly what they are. TV shows. I am a Christian and I will still watch as well as anyone who enjoys good TV.

• l & m says:

I agree. My wife and I quit watching all shows that use GOD’s name in vain.

18. Wayne Bowers says:

This show although good at start has started to be a show I would not miss if it ended in year 2.

19. Leann Alsip says:

I love this show binge watched the first season right before the second began. Can’t wait for the 3rd.

20. Leann Alsip says:

We binge watched the first season right before the second began and I can’t wait for the 3rd. Love this show.

21. Susan Barwick says:

1. This is a really really really good show. The characters are interesting and played by good actors. Have shared it on fb more than once.
    2. Being that many people are dropping cable/sat for streaming and using HD antennas, many of the cable networks shows just are not available as easy to many. Saying this, I believe that has not helped The Last Ship’s numbers. We have all seen some great shows leave from the cable network shows. If they had been on a more mainstream channel, I am sure many would have survived such as Continuum.
    3. I hope that the writer’s do not take this the usual way with Chandler and Rachel. He has lost his wife and she has lost her true love. Anything too quick between them really does not go with their characters. She will be back I think. He is still wearing his wedding ring. Maybe they should go the NCIS way as done with Gibbs, occasionally sees someone, but nothing permanent. Face it, the ladies like Gibbs being single.
    4. The parts I like most about the show, are the scenes on the ship. They are exciting and tense and we get an idea of life on the sea. Course, I like when they go on land temporarily, when needed in their fight. to save the world. Great reminder how smart our people are out there serving our country.
    5. Please do not let this show fall into the soap opera style. Too many shows start out great and then get so much like a soap that I cannot watch any longer.
    6. I hope that the show starts out next season, with the ship on the way to another country to stop evil people and their plots.

• Debbie Wagner says:

My husband and I absolutely love “The Last Ship…” so happy that it has been renewed! Thought season 2 was just as good as season 1….just a different story line!

22. DP says:

This show is the best and most action-packed show on TV. Never saw an hour go by so fast! So glad it has been renewed!

23. Muriel Francis says:

I hope they’ve taken into account all the thousands of Canadian viewers of the last ship. It’s a totally awesome show. can’t wait for season 3.

24. Aka628 says:

I so excited!

25. I want to know when the last ship is going to be on again

26. MableRox says:

Editing on season 2 ep 1
    Does anyone watch the final episode before reLease?
    Bad editing ruins a show for me, especially in the first 5 minutes.
    Loved season one, I hope season 2 can hold up. Yes I’m a little behind, I watch it on Hulu.
    Great show. Thanks for listening

27. Renee Cabrera says:

So happy to hear itz coming back such a good show with excellent veteran actors always a great storyline!