The Exes Cancelled Season 5

The Exes Cancelled at TV Land

TV Land has X’d out The Exes, TVLine has confirmed.

Star Kristen Johnston announced the news via Twitter on Monday evening:

RELATED Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

The comedy resumed its fourth season in July. The upcoming Sept. 16 season finale now will serve as a series finale.

Later Monday, Johnston added via Twitter, “Honestly, we all knew it was a probability. The last 6 are the best yet.”

1. Ram510 says:

WHAT?!?! This is terrible news. I would’ve thought they’d give them another season since the 3 new shows (Jim Gaffigan, Impastor, Younger) aren’t doing the best. The Exes at least has had decent ratings at 11pm and even better at 10. I guess TVLand wants to get rid of all the multi cam sitcoms. Sad, that was what was working for them

2. Kyckastra says:

Well, that sux! I really like this show! Bad enough they cancelled Hot in Cleveland, but now this. I don’t know what TvLand thinks they’re gonna show, they don’t much else, and these were the only two I watched.

3. Jerri says:

Well I guess after the Exes is over, I’m done with TVLand.

4. Any network that is staffed by people who pull a popular show due to a flag painted on a car lacks common sense at the top. The Exes was one of TV Lands better shows. Way to lose viewers!

5. K says:

The Exes is so refreshing. One of the funniest comedies I’ve ever seen, it’s a delight! With a great chemistry between the cast. This is tragic news! And a stupid decision.

• jim says:

!00% agree

• Bob Backus says:

I have got to disagree. This was as refreshing as a thirty year old sitcom. The writing was horrible. BUT, you are completely right about the cast. They were the only reason to watch this poorly written show. Unfortunately, not even they could make this old, tired show look refreshing. Too bad, because the cast deserved so much more than they got.

6. jim says:

I really liked this show but I guess the people don’t count…once again TV Land shows there stupidity

7. jjk says:

well now I won’t be watching anything on TVLand. Ironic that it’s named that and there’s nothing to watch on it. Not sure what this network wants to be but watchable doesn’t seem to be it.

8. Sheila says:

Really, guys? I watched one episode and it was possibly the worst thing I’ve ever watched!

9. Joey Padron says:

sad news. it’s a good & funny show. the cast are great. gonna miss the show.

10. Lizo says:

Lol I had no idea Kristen Johnston was back on tv!

11. Betsey says:

First goes Hot in Cleveland, now the Exes. They always take the good shows off, looks like TVLand is going Bye-Bye.

12. Wendy Kalthoff says:

Loved this show.

13. Terry Spoonts says:

I will not watch another show on this network. ..funniest show and loved all the actors. TV Land has managed to get rid of all the shows I was watching. .so sad

14. Aw, I’m so sad – I loved the Exes! Every single character is so much fun! :(

15. Babygate says:

Shame. Underrated little gem. Even when Xfinity does not offer TvLand on HD.

16. jacqueline briglia says:

they cancel all the GOOD shows. i really enjoy ‘the exes’ & i can’t believe it has been cancelled. tvland is about all i watch lately & now the best show is going. first ‘cleveland’ & now the EXES……NOT FAIR…..i am not happy.

17. Susan says:

I never watched TVLand until they put Hot in Cleveland on and then added shows like The Exes and The Soul Man. The new shows don’t look very good so I guess I will go back to skipping over that channel.

18. Bob Backus says:

I think you all really need to admit it, the writing was absolutely terrible. TVLand really needs to connect with better writers. I know it’s a network of old shows, but that doesn’t mean you re-use old sitcom scripts. I only watched this because of the actors and hoped the writing would get better. It didn’t and nothing they could do could save the crap writing. Although that’s not exactly true, the only thing that did improve was Stuart’s character this season. It seems the writers stopped using old “Old Couple” scripts to give him lines. His character actually improved. Now that this is gone, so am I.

19. Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Call me corny, but I liked it! There are so many so-called comedies on TV that aren’t funny. At least The Exes gave me a weekly assortment of giggles, chuckles and guffaws. And we certainly don’t need any more so-called reality shows; we need entertaining scripted shows. How discouraging for creative comedy writers, in my opinion. I will now go back to bed, crawl under the covers, and pout. :-(

20. N says:

Bad move by TV Land. This show is consistently funny and its one of the few comedies for grown ups that doesn’t involve some know it all kid acting out against his/her moronic parent figures. I’ll miss it. Just wondering…what DOES TV Land have left worth watching now?

21. Cheryl Baker says:

I am done with TV land. I loved Hot in Cleveland and the Exes. TV Land cancelled both. So, I will not be watching that station. Why get rid of something that is very funny.

22. gjgire says:

Oh no! I agree with the other fans. I love this show!
    First they cancelled Hot in Cleveland that was the funniest show on TV and now The Exes.
    Come on TV Land you were the first cable channel to have original sitcom’s. And you are getting rid of the first & best ones!

23. Jim McEnroe says:

I’m going to miss your show. It was one of the few comedies on tv that really made me laugh.

24. Mark says:

Bad decision TV land and Comedy Central. Show was well written.

25. Mark says:

One of the funniest comedies anywhere. Maybe yahoo will pick it up

26. SUE says:

Thank God. Another awful show is pulled by TVLAND. Can this channel get some good quality shows? They bring in these awful shows and keep them around for years and pull them far later than they should have. Horrible story lines, horrible writing and horrible acting. Watched once and didnt laugh once. Make some new good comedies or bring back the old comedy shows. This channel is going down hill

27. Elly2015 says:

Booo!! that show was laugh-out-loud funny!

28. Comet Eli says:

Seems like the idiots at TV Land have no sense of humor. I wish some otehr network would pick it for another round. TV Land – you are total idiots

29. Virginia Abney says:

I am shocked that The Exes has been cancelled. Couldn’t believe it when they cancelled Hot In Cleveland but at least still had The Exes and I even liked Soul Man. The Impastor and Younger are not near as good as these shows. TV Land is one station that will no longer be on my tv. They obviously don’t care what the people like. Wish someone else would pick these shows up. It’s hard to find good comedies on tv anymore and TV land has taken the few off that you could enjoy. Goodbye TV Land. Hope it was worth it will all the viewers you will be losing.

30. Sandy Daniel says:

I caught this show last year and love it, very funny and great characters, they seem like real life friends, sorry to see it go. too much gloom and doom shows on TV so this was a treat to watch.

31. Another not so brilliant move by TV Land pinheads. We will now be watching ZERO shows on this lame network.

32. Jason says:

Please don’t cancel this show it’s so good and much needs to be like all the guys get remarried n holly finds a man this show has alot unfold please don’t cancel….

33. Louise Glass says:

We won’t be watching TV land anymore.
    The ONLY 2 great conceives you had we’re Hot in Cleveland and The Exes!
    Who wants to watch the Beverly Hillbillies?
    I have I Love Lucy on DVd as do millions of people so We don’t need you.
    MRI camera shows are the best. You ruined your network. Les and Louise Glass NY

34. Holly says:

Im beyond upset! First Hot In Cleveland now The Exes??!!!! Who makes these decisions????? Probably the same jacknuts that approved the Impastor…..REALLY??????? Im done w TvLand

35. pssttcmere says:

Might as well remove tvland from my cable line up….they have systematically removed anything worth watching…best of luck to the cast of The Exes…going to miss you!

36. Lupe Rodriguez says:

What!! They’ve cancelled hot in Cleveland.. Now exes..what are they thinking about in tvland..you guys wake up and smell the coffee.. Or what is tvland smoking??

37. Kristina says:

This show got me through a sad time, it made me laugh when I needed it. The characters and actors are very endearing. No hot in Cleveland and no exes means I will not watch the network any longer.

38. Klawsumb says:

Just realized no more exes. I sure will miss the show. I saw every episode. They are all very talented. I’ve watched all of them on other citcoms and it was great to see them together.

39. RD says:

Why would you cancel a good show, TV Land executives you guys are a bunch of idiots, the ex’s is a great show your making a big mistake but hell, it wouldn’t be the first time.

40. Norma Zuniga says:

I’m so disappointed my “Exes” show is being cancelled! The writers were so creative and funny and the entire Cast just clicked together perfectly. I never laughed so much at a comedy show, other than Frasier. I loved “Exes” so much more than Hot in Cleveland. Producers you’ll be sorry and I hope another smarter Network picks up the “EXES”.

41. Paula says:

What are you thinking, this show is great and oh so funny. BIG MISTAKE! Not sure what the brass as TV Land are thinking but this was a real winner.

42. Chris says:

I was shocked to see that this show was cancelled. Didn’t know until tonight’s episode on September 16 th. I really don’t understand why they would cancel a well written , funny show

43. Ann says:

I can’t believe the exes was canceled. It was One of my favorites. I won’t be watching tvland. After hot in Cleveland one the exes, I’m disappointed with that channel’s judgement.

44. Anne says:

The Exes cancelled well that is terrible. Along with Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced they were the best.Gaffigan and Impastor stink! Hope they rethink…big mistake!

45. Andera says:

Wow, TV land you took off one of your best and funniest shows. Shame on you 😠

46. Kim P. says:

Ugh. So disappointed. I first started hot in Cleveland in TV land, then quickly became enamored with the Exes. A shame it didn’t make it to another season or two. It’s rare to find something this enjoyable amidst all the other ‘unscripted’ reality shows they force feed the public.

47. Tammy says:

Tvland…..you suck…you have nothing on your channel I care to watch now so we must part ways …later

48. Micah Gerald says:

Really guys..exes is the best why stop it

49. Niki says:

First Happily Divorced, then Hot In Cleveland and now The Exes! All the major networks new sitcoms aren’t worth two cents but at least these three shows made me laugh. Come on TVland, what are u thinking?!?!

50. trish says:

I just love, The Exes, and am so sad that it’s been cancelled. The actors are fabulous and the writing always fun and enjoyable. Another good reason to dump all of the channels I’m paying for… So many channels and so few quality fun programs…