Under the Dome Season 4

Ratings: Under the Dome Hits Lows

CBS’ Under the Dome on debate night drew 3.9 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating, slipping 17 percent and two tenths to series lows.

Opening the Eye’s line-up, an old Bang delivered Thursday’s largest audience (7.2 million viewers). Big Brother (6.2 mil/2.0) dipped a tenth week-to-week.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Astronaut Wives Club (3.6 mil/0.6) slipped two tenths in the demo, tying its season low. Mistresses (2.5 mil/0.6) and Rookie Blue (3.1 mil/0.6) each hit series lows in audience while matching their all-time demo lows.

THE CW | Beauty and the Beast (810K/0.2) was flat.

NBC | Food Fighters (3.7 mil/0.9) ticked up.

FOX | Boom! (2.3 mil/0.6) added a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

1. Melora says:

This show has gotten so ridiculous its become fun to hate watch it and joke about it. I do feel sorry for the actors in it….the ones that can act that is.

• wrstlgirl says:

I was just going to say the same thing. Every week when I watch it I’m like wtf is happening, this is so bad, LOL!!!

2. Alienate says:

And the ratings for the “debate” were?

3. GuessWhat says:

stuck with UNDER THE DOME for the entire run — but i want it to end
    PLEASE cancel it but give us a CONCLUSION
    (but you know, once again — it will be cancelled with NO ANSWERS given — that’s what always happens with these shows — producers never learn)

• Alyssa says:

This is how I feel. As someone who watched from the beginning and wanted more when s1 ended. S2 should’ve been the final season. Because this season is just ridiculous. I’ve seen 2 episodes and that was it. It needs to be cancelled & answer any leftover questions. But no s4 please.

• Mr. Smith says:

They’ve jumped the shark this season and with a story that is laughable. I don’t suppose that at the end of this season all of them will wake up in the middle of the woods and this whole season will have been a lame dream???

4. BrightLight says:

UTD has gotten so awful that I can barely hate watch it anymore. I now just let it play in the background as I online game. I have no idea if any of what’s airing recently happened in the book as I haven’t read it, but wow this plot is awful.

5. CountryQueen says:

It just gets dumber each week – which seems so hard to do. How can Stephen King like this show? They have destroyed his amazing character of Barbie. Destroyed him! I actually hope he dies now.

6. mooshki says:

I finally deleted it from my dvr this week. I think the last straw for me was Marg Helgenberger’s face. I love horror, but that was just too scary to keep watching.

7. SK says:

UTD should have stayed a mini-series. I know we would have gotten a much better story than what we have now. Like someone said, I don’t understand why Stephen King likes this show. It is so laughable. I, too, agree that they destroyed Barbie’s character. Another thing I just realized that all the stuff that happened so far and is happening to these people happened in only 2 weeks! Or has it been 3 weeks dome time? Unbelievable! If my husband is not still interested, I would have quit watching around s2.

8. DavidSask says:

Under the Dome had me screaming and swearing at TV, it is just bat **** crazy! I can’t tolerate it much longer even for laughs. Please end this show permanently end of summer. I doubt Mistresses will return next year with those ratings.

9. Gerri says:

UTD. We always knew it had to be an alien thing. This season is just getting more detailed with the aliens. It is ridiculous, but I think we needed to see how it played out. I think the ratings are crap because they have kept Julia and Barbie apart this season. They were the heart of the show.

10. and to think S1 of UTD was soooo good.

11. Jeff D. says:

‘Boom!’ increased its viewership–wasn’t it a repeat last night? At least that’s what the TV listings I looked at said.

• BG says:

I like this show. It’s very unpredictable. I’m thinking another alien species dropped the dome on Chester Mills, to entrap the bad alien who is inside podding the residents. And I’m wondering if those presumed dead residents, like Angie, will actually have been cocconed and show up healed and alive? And who is Hunter’s friend on his computer outside the dome, so afraid of?

12. maregolden says:

I really hope that if UTD is canceled they have some kind of conclusion to wrap up the story. Regardless, I am done. If it’s back next summer it will be without me. It was such an interesting concept with the four hands and the butterflies, and they just scrapped that for this Marg Helgenberger storyline. Just awful, and the love scenes between Christine and Junior had me cringing in disgust. She was technically raping him.

13. sherry says:

I ha watched since the third episode. After reading the recaps, glad I am not watching, totally ridiculous. Being a Barbie and Julia fan, I am disgusted with what they have done to this couple. I agree, they are the heart of the show. I have a question: does anyone think Barbie is faking it, to find out what is going on and to protect Julia. I wish that they didn’t kill his father, would of liked more scenes with them.

14. Candice says:

I thought this was supposed to be a mini-series. I hope this is the last season. The show needs to end, but I can’t stop watching it because I’m so vested in it. I would feel like the last 2 seasons were in vain.

15. Michele Pfrogner says:

Well, at least Big Jim is more likeable this season because of the dog!

16. sherry says:

I am reading that the dome is supposed to come down. They don’t know if this is a season or series finale. It needs to end. At least, just get rid of Christine and ava. They need to go. I am still not sure whose side Hunter is on. It’s still might end with everyone going through the light again and being out of the dome. The ratings went down again, that could have something to do with the fact that they have upset the Barbie – Julia fans.

17. UK UTD Fan says:

This excellent series, was ruined this season by the writers! Shame as it was previously so good…