Rookie Blue Season 6 Recap

Rookie Blue Recap: Were You Able to Detect 15 Division's Dirty Cop?

You’re a bad man, Oliver Shaw?

Nah. On Thursday’s Rookie Blue, 15 Division comes to the Sergeant’s rescue, with less than a day to clear his name.

Commissioner Santana wants to know why he wasn’t informed of Noelle’s investigation. She does an impressive job of covering her behind/placating Santana by telling him she was trying to take some of the stress off him. He’s got to delegate, after all. So while she’s bought herself some time, it’s not a lot: Santana wants that report by end of day.

“You got to fix this, Sammy,” Noelle tells her friend, who enlists Andy’s help. McNally then brings in Dov and eventually Traci in their quest to help Oliver. They go in search of the explosives supplier who has mysteriously disappeared with his daughter, leaving behind their house as if they’d been raptured.

Eventually, the team tracks down the father-daughter duo hiding in Paranoid City. The girl starts blowing a whistle when Andy approaches her in the library, while the dad yells to Sam, “You’re in on it!” It takes a while, but the officers manage to convince them they’re just trying to help their friend. Plus, why would they approach them in a public place if they wanted to harm them?

Slightly calmed, the father reveals a guy called him for components. He showed him his badge, but he was in a rush, so he didn’t fill out the paperwork. After the bomb explosion, the cop’s phone number went out of service and the supplier’s daughter was threatened. The man’s name? Oliver Shaw. And he sure looks guilty: financial troubles since his divorce, crazy spending (because of the divorce) and Izzie’s disappeared drug charge are pretty incriminating. They’re going to bury him, Sam says.

For everything he’s done for the city and all the moments in his daughter’s life he’s missed because of work, this is the thanks Oliver gets? So he decides to turn in his badge. Meanwhile, the explosives supplier recognizes Steve’s caller ID photo on Traci’s phone as the man who called himself Oliver Shaw. Twist! Although I wasn’t completely shocked — he’s tangential enough to be bad, but connected enough to the main cast that the consequences will be significant  — I immediately felt heartbroken. Poor Traci is going to be so crushed. And of course, it will also affect Gail and their family’s cop dynasty.

Rookie Blue fans, what did you think of the reveal that Steve Peck is a dirty detective? Did you see it coming?

1. Amy says:

This episode was so good! This season has been solid! What a ride!

2. Ari says:

I feel personally betrayed. Steve! I was on your side bro!

3. Alyse says:

I hated that it ended up being Steve. I really liked him and Traci together and after Jerry she deserved to be happy.

4. nate says:

Tracy really has the worst luck with men

5. jessica says:

I have three things to say first off I think Santana was planning on setting up Oliver when they first gave him the white shirt second I wanted to cry when he did his rant and lastly why didn’t the detective show a picture of Oliver to the man so they could make sure before they told Oliver

• Lefty27529 says:

I thought the same thing. Why didn’t Andy and Sam show him a picture to confirm it was or wasn’t Oliver? Although it was pretty cool how they revealed it was Steve. I was thinking (and hoping) it was Duncan who was only pretending to be a coward and dork—to keep from being suspected. I wonder how Traci is going to handle this.

6. S says:

Making Steve Peck dirty is proof this show jumped the shark and never looked back. I love Adam MacDonald, and I know great things are ahead for him. I hope if they get another season (looking unlikely) that this plays into his past work undercover with guns and gangs. Oh Rookie Blue, you make me so sad when you flip lovely characters on their heads for plot device.

7. Rachel says:

Man I must be in the minority but I never really cared for Steve and always thought there was something off/weird about him.

8. RogelioDeLaVega says:

I’m holding out hope that this is a curveball being thrown at us. There’s more to this story, whether or not Steve is guilty.

9. Nicole says:

I am from Canada and can promise that next weeks episode should not be missed. One of the best in the entire series!

10. thomas says:

Seriously people, he was always a dirty cop. We knew this for sure in the previous episode when he was willing to charge a man for a crime he didn’t commit. It was also always in the book since the first season when Diaz named his partner as dirty. We always knew there was the potential that Steve was just as guilty but no proof.

11. liame says:

Too obvious, should have been Andy.

12. GraceM says:

I can’t believe ABC makes
    american fans wait a month after us to
    watch Rookie Blue.

We’ve had our finale and are hoping for season seven. ;)

13. i figured it was Steve since it impacts the most people
    but i was hoping it would be Duncan since he brigs absolutely nothing to the show

14. r0ckmypants says:

WHY DOES THIS SITE PUT SPOILERS IN THE HEADLINE?!?!?!!

I did a Google search for Rookie Blue to find out how many episodes were left this season, and I was greeted by this. This happens ALL THE TIME. It’s rude and ridiculous.