Republican Debate 2016: Most Memorable Donald Trump Quotes (and Other 'Holy Crap!' Moments)

You can’t delve into coverage of the 2016 Republican Presidential Debate without acknowledging that one of the 10 men on stage at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland will most likely be his party’s challenger to Hillary Clinton in the race to become our nation’s 45th president. (Well, it could also be one of the seven candidates relegated to the kids’ table, but…)

Still, it would be facetious to not acknowledge that the GOP’s current front-runner, Donald Trump, is that guy who earlier this year, as host and head judge of The Celebrity Apprentice, tussled with Kenya Moore from The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Sharknado star Ian Ziering and (ugh) Kate Gosselin.

And so it is that TVLine is covering the initial Republican debate of the 2016 presidential race with an eye on killer soundbites, TKO punches and (yes) anything resembling The Donald hollering, “You’re fired!”

With that philosophy out there, let’s count down the most memorable Trump zingers —and other ‘Holy Crap!’ moments:

* Hosts Megyn Kelly, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier excitedly asking the candidates “Are you nervous?” as they attempted to kill two or three minutes to stall the proceedings from starting before 9pm ET. (Fun fact: Ted Cruz’s “ish-y” hand gesture definitely ranks No. 1 on the “Oh-No-O-Meter.”

* “Well, I’ve given him plenty of money.” —Donald Trump hissing at Sen. Rand Paul for accusing him of “buying” politicians

* Dr. Ben Carson insisting that “having a brain” is the No. 1 requirement for the POTUS position. (Dude, are you implying some of your rivals are like the Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz?)

* Sen. Marco Rubio reminding us that he owed $100,000 in student loans just four years ago. (So how much does he have left — and how exactly did he get that figure down? And do I have access to those methods, too?)

* Trump inciting the crowd to rapturous applause by telling Kelly that his laundry list of misogynistic remarks over the last few years were “only” directed at Rosie O’Donnell — then Kelly tartly shooting back that it simply wasn’t the case. “What I say is what I say,” Trump fired back, the Presidential embodiment of Popeyes “I Yam What I Yam” (but with gnarlier hair).

* “I don’t mind having a big, beautiful door on that wall — so people can come into this country [legally],” insisted Trump, when asked to discuss his position on Mexican border security. Still, he offered no definitive evidence regarding follow-up claims that “the Mexican government is much smarter, much sharper and more cunning” than U.S. government officials, and will “send the bad ones,” including rapists and drug dealers, northward.

* “I also believe we need a fence,” added Rubio.

* Mocked by his rival Sen. Paul of hugging President Obama during the days following Hurricane Sandy, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie struck back that his best hugging memories involved embracing the victims of 9/11 and dealing with the local fallout of said terrorist attack.

* “I said, ‘Be at my wedding,’ and she came to my wedding,” Trump said, when asked what he got from his campaign contributions to rival Hillary Clinton.

* “God’s a pretty fair guy,” posited Carson, when pushing the idea of a “tithing” system of taxation for U.S. citizens.

* “The fair tax transforms the process by which we fund Social Security and Medicare, because the money paid around consumption is paid by everybody — including illegals, prostitutes, pimps and drug dealers,” shouted Huckabee — perhaps the first POTUS wannabe ever to use the word “pimp” in his tax plan.

* Asked about his casinos and hotels declaring bankruptcy four times in the last 20 or so years, Trump got defensive: “I have used the laws of this country just like the greatest people that you read about every day in business have used the laws in this country to do a great job for my company, myself, my employees, my family, etc.”

* Trump added he was “very proud” that he “made a lot of money in Atlantic City” before “getting out” — and that America “needs somebody like me to straighten out this mess.” Alrighty then!

* Jeb Bush defended his record as a pro-life candidate — despite sitting on the board of what Kelly called a Bloomberg educational charity that directed “tens of millions” to Planned Parenthood. Florida was “the first state to do a ‘Choose Life’ license plate” under his watch, Bush insisted as a retort.

* “I think future generations will look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave them a chance to live,” Rubio declared, when questioned about the strength of his own opposition to abortion.

* Ohio governor John Kasich got very emotional when asked how he’d resolve his opposition to same-sex marriage if one of his own children came out as gay. “If one of my daughters would happen to be that,” he said, visibly tearing up, “Of course I would love them and I would accept them because that’s what we’re taught when we have strong faith.”

* Huckabee said the role of the military was “to kill people and break things” while arguing against the presence of transgender soldiers in the U.S. armed forces.

* “God has blessed us. He’s blessed the Republican Party with some very good candidates. The Democrats can’t even find one,” zinged Rubio, when asked for his ideology as it pertained to a higher power.

* Trump’s closing statement: “We don’t win anymore. We don’t beat China in trade. We don’t beat Japan with their millions and millions of cars coming into this country in trade. We can’t beat Mexico at the border or in trade. We can’t do anything right. Our military has to be strengthened. Our vets have to be taken care of — and we have to end Obamacare. And we have to make our country great again, and I will do that. Thank you.” (That’s all well and good, but HOW?)

What did you think of the first 2016 Republican Presidential Debate? Who won? Who lost ground? Who surprised you? And who made no impression whatsoever? Sound off in the comments below!

1. Sam says:

Clown parade.

• Simon Jester says:

Yup.

• mika says:

Exactly. God helps us if one of those men become president.

• Ben says:

Hey, God’s a pretty fair guy. Looks like four more years for the Dems.

• Hard to say. It’s really hard for a party to get re-elected after having two terms in a row, and with the media treating Hillary as the obvious frontrunner and the other candidates not getting too much play they could end up screwed. At this point one just has to hope the base pandering stops once the primary is over.

• Ben says:

I know it’s a long way out and it’s hard to say. But from someone external to the country, the Republicans seem completely broken and they continue to alienate, so it’s hard to see how they can recover from that. This is the election where a candidate like McCain (sans Palin) might have been ideal.

• Angela says:

I would kill for someone like McCain for the Republican side. God, yes.

• DL says:

Historically, any party that’s been in the White House during an economic recovery has gone on to hold executive office for at least another two terms. That said, this has been the wonkiest economic recovery in history, and the Republicans have done everything they can to pretend we haven’t recovered a whit and that even if we had, Obama had nothing to do with it (despite the majority of their efforts over the last 6 years being purely oppositional). So it’ll certainly be interesting to see what happens, that’s for sure!

• David4 says:

If the republicans can’t win fairly than they will just cheat.

• Cander says:

If the democrats can’t win fairly than they will just cheat.

/fixed

• The Republicans have done far more to cheat the system to get what they want than then Democrats. For example, they don’t like Obamacare but can’t pass legislation to stop it, so they shut down the government like petulant children who didn’t get their way. They don’t like Abortion but can’t get Roe v. Wade overturned so lets use a doctored video that purports to show Planned Parenthood as profiting from aborted fetus tissue… and then attempt to cut off their funding because of it. They don’t like same sex marriage so lets attempt to take the decision out of the Supreme Court’s hands by either disqualifying the justices who are in favor of it or by legislating the Court to have less power of these matters. And after it does pass, let’s tell the states they don’t have to obey the Supreme Court’s ruling on Same-Sex Marriage. They don’t like climate change so they take it out of the experts hands who know about it and say it’s happening and instead say it’s not happening, it’s cyclical, and when asked then say “I’m not a scientist.”

• Joey says:

There was so much desperation wafting off of them it looked like they were in a sauna.

• AngelWasHere says:

I think you summed it up perfectly.

2. Bryce says:

Thank you for this hilarious write-up. What a joke, all of it. Happy to see Megyn Kelly stand up against Trump’s woman-bashing since she’s not exactly consistently pro-woman herself.

• Angela says:

I like that she didn’t back down on that. Of all the Fox News correspondents, she’s one I can deal with a little more easily sometimes, precisely because of moments like that.

• Ben says:

Don’t you mean his Rosie O’Donnell bashing? :D

• rarefied says:

She has a tendency to suddenly be pro-woman when it’s something that affects her personally.

• Kim R says:

I was glad she stuck to that as well. Regardless if you like Rosie O’Donnell or if you don’t, that really has nothing to do with it. The fact that he can rant against a woman’s size or intelligence etc. the way he does, resorting to name calling and the like, is nothing short of bullying. Bullying. That thing we try to teach our children is unacceptable. It has nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with being a good human being. I think the President of the United States should be, at least, a good human being.

3. Mark says:

I was at the gym while this was on and I was watching it in between sets. This guy comes up to me and is just like “You gotta love Donald Trump. He doesn’t care at all what he says. He just says it. It’s great.” This is what is scary about this country…He wasn’t saying it ironically.

• A.M says:

I know a number of people who love him because he’s not afraid to tell the truth…and does not worry about political correctness…I just can’t..with Trump

• Mary says:

Bingo, and because we are a free country they are allowed to vote for him even though he is nothing more than a loud mouth bully. It’s fine and dandy to shoot your mouth off, but because I said so is not how you get things done. Hopefully there are enough intelligent people in the world who will say, if you want our support tell us exactly how you intend to do it.

• dan says:

That guy was right though. Trump is one of only two political figures I’ve ever seen say exactly what they think damn the consequences. The other is Jesse Ventura, who I think would make a great President. We need somebody who is a true Libertarian champion of the Constitutional rights of the people and who wont kowtow to the Pentagon.

• Jana says:

Libertarians are merely corporatists pushing us closer to a plutocratic oligarchy. We need Bernie Sanders!

• Joey says:

One of Trump’s main problems though, is that when he says what he thinks, when someone presents him with actual facts that prove him wrong, he dismisses them, calls the presenter wrong and an idiot for using incorrect information. He turns into a pathetic ostrich with its head stuck in the ground.

4. Nkozi Knight says:

Reblogged this on Nkozi Knight and commented:
    Trump added he was “very proud” that he “made a lot of money in Atlantic City” before “getting out” — and that America “needs somebody like me to straighten out this mess.”

5. Angela says:

Well, I’m glad somebody finally made the point that a fence along the border won’t do squat to stop people from crossing that little thing called the Gulf of Mexico. But given some of these candidates’ plans for how to stop illegal immigrants, I’d like to know how they manage to reconcile their supposed “limited government” ideals with enacting those plans, since their ideas don’t exactly sound very “limited government”.
    As for the Planned Parenthood thing, they do know that they can defund it all they want and that’s not going to stop women from having abortions, right? That defunding Planned Parenthood (which deals with and helps women struggling with a variety of very important female health issues besides abortions, I should add) doesn’t do squat to actually fix the problems that lead to women having abortions in the first place? And that’s all the more I’ll say about that for now, ’cause their answers to that issue seriously had me seeing red and I don’t want my blood pressure going up any further.
    Also, Trump really needs to go away. I don’t care if he doesn’t have a filter and says what’s on his mind. He’s obnoxious.

• Marissa says:

Angela, I have to admit scrolling through people’s posts on various TVLine articles, I’ve found that I usually agree with your comments… this case is no exception. Points well made on all accounts. ::thumbs up::

6. haydeemarm says:

All of this has got to be the biggest April Fools joke of the country, because if this is what we’re really dealing with I weep for humanity.

7. Let’s not forget Ted Cruz openly dismissing the recommendation of the military’s most senior officer GEN Dempsey who said the best way to fight ISIS was not to impose a military solution, but to eradicate poverty. “With all due respect to Gen. Dempsey, that is flat-out wrong,” Cruz said. “It is the same thing that the State Department is saying.”

[So Ted Cruz has no respect for the State Department? Just what would he have them do if he was was president since they are supposed to represent America’s interests abroad?]

• Angela says:

Speaking of the military, my jaw dropped at Huckabee completely missing the point about wanting more inclusion in the military. Allowing gay or transgendered people into the military isn’t an “experiment in making the military more diverse”. Rather, we ask for that because the point is that if people can and want to serve this country, they should be allowed to do so, regardless of who they are. To turn away potentially good fighters or people with other military-related skills simply because of their sexual orientation or their gender is stupid. I’m sick to death of politicians going on and on about how the soldiers in our country deserve our respect, how this country is worth fighting for, how they’re fighting for our freedom, all while they’re then turning around and denying certain groups in this country those very freedoms or ability to fight for our country if they so wish because of some warped, ignorant, outdated views about those particular groups of people.

• John says:

They also are denying pedophiles from serving in the armed forces. Are you against that too? If so then you have to call yourself ignorant with outdated views in order to not be a hypocrite. Can you exclude a “certain group” from serving? Lord I hope so.

• Julia says:

Last I checked…gay and/or transgendered people aren’t criminals. No one is saying murderers or pedophiles should be allowed to serve in the military..? Go away.

• Joey says:

You seem to have a grave misunderstanding of what legal consent is.

• rusty_cd says:

So are you calling all homosexuals and transexuals pedophiles?? Because otherwise your comparison holds no weight. Most people with a felony criminal record can’t join the army because of their illegal actions. Being homosexual or transexual isn’t an illegal action. So you making that comparison is completely ignorant based off of outdated views.

• Angela says:

On that note, I do wonder how ol’ John can explain the fact that Huckabee’s been defending the Duggar family, Josh included, ever since Josh’s pedophilia scandal broke, all while continuing to be strongly against transgendered people and gay marriage. By John’s logic, shouldn’t Huckabee be consistent in his support for or being against all three, then?

????
          …yeeeeeeeeeeah, um, I think you need a lesson on logic. See, it’s okay to be against pedophiles serving in the military since, y’know, pedophiles commit heinous crimes. That is a legitimate reason for them to be denied the chance to serve, or do anything else that other people have the right to do.
          Being gay or transgendered isn’t a crime, and someone being gay or transgendered doesn’t negatively affect the military morale in any way, shape, or form. So they should be allowed to serve.
          That’s not being a hypocrite, that’s just using common sense.

8. Annie says:

The last remark on this list by Rubio – not even one democratic candidate? Who the hell do you think Hillary Clinton is????
    Also Trump was accused of telling a woman in the workplace that she would “look more attractive on her knees” and defended that remark by saying “America is too concerned about being politically correct” good to know a presidential candidate sees nothing wrong with degrading a woman to nothing more than a submissive sex object in the workplace. Really awesome.

• LynnH says:

Rubio said the Dems can’t find one GOOD candidate. Which is pretty spot on, considering the DNC had to push back the first Dem debate another 10 weeks because Hillary is in the middle of an FBI criminal probe.

• Joey says:

You can’t get a better candidate than Bernie Sanders.

• Sadly Sanders is basically getting the Ron Paul 2012 treatment, in that despite polling well and such (don’t forget Paul placing 2nd in Iowa back during the 2012 primary) he’s really not getting the play in the media he should be. I saw some recent clips from MSNBC basically laughing him off.

• LynnH says:

I think O’Malley and Sanders should agree to a debate on Fox. Because the DNC plans on corronating Hillary and Sanders will need to break ranks with the DNC to get enough support to stay in.

• Jana says:

No, she’s not. The New York Times had to print multiple corrections to that bogus story, which they got from an unreliable, corrupt source. And they still didn’t manage to fully admit how badly they frakked up.

9. Joyce Smith says:

I think we are going to have another Democrat for President. This is like a rerun of the last primary debates.

10. Lindsey says:

Thank you for posting this! I live outside of the country now, so I miss all this stuff. It sounds just as bizarre and entertaining (and scary) as I would expect from a Republican Presidential Debate with these guys. I fear for America if any of these jokes actually gets elected. America already has quite a reputation in other parts of the world, and that would just make it worse.

• Angela says:

Unfortunately, for all these candidates kept going on about rebuilding America’s image, they sure didn’t seem to care much about how our country would be perceived by the rest of the world. Mind, I hope other countries aren’t judging the U.S. as a whole by the actions of some, because there’s plenty of us who aren’t like this and wouldn’t support any of these people. But I shudder at the thought of any of these guys representing us to other nations all the same.

• Ben says:

Oh, trust me when I say that from the rest of the world’s perspective, Obama has done a pretty good job of rebuilding America’s image and the thing that is scary is that the Republican party can continue to be so out of step with the rest of the world that it does not realise how much damage it actually does do to America’s image.

• Angela says:

I’m glad to hear that :). That does make me feel better (and is a nice counterpoint to these candidates harping on about how Obama’s supposedly destroyed our image around the world).
          I’ve heard about how even the right-wing candidates in other countries are fairly centrist, if not liberal, in comparison to the right-wing here in the States. I find that fascinating…and terrifying, in regards to my country.

11. Ginger says:

I fear for the future of this country with these guys running…. :(

12. Elizabeth says:

Are you people insane?? Any one of those men would be better than the crap we have now

13. Youry says:

This is first time I’ve thought to myself; ‘huh, François Hollande isn’t all that bad’…

• Joey says:

Just imagine Marine Le Pen being in charge.

• Youry says:

Although a scary thought, especially since I’m a foreigner in this country, she’s not one for making a fool out of herself in public. Part of what makes her so dangerous is the fact that she’s exceedingly intelligent.

• Joey says:

Yes, that is the problem with her. She’s just as crazy as any right-winger in America, but she can actually present herself like she’s not, and that’s terrifying.

14. Holly says:

Oye vay this was a real mess and there was clearly no winner here, perhaps the children’s table will offer up something…

15. Mehvash says:

“if my daughter was that..i’d still love her” and the military is there to break stuff and kill people. lovely. God truly has blessed the GOP.

16. Tom says:

Certainly no fan of Huckabee, but what he said was that it wasn’t the military’s job to PAY for transgender operations, not that he was opposed to their presence in the military. If we’re going to criticize, let’s criticize accurately

• Angela says:

This is true, but considering his “experiment in diversity” rant in that same speech, as well as the horribly ignorant “joke” he made about transgendered people at some event a few months ago, I’m guessing he’s not exactly keen on the idea of transgendered people being in the military, whether their operations are paid for or not.

• Jana says:

So…because someone is transgender, they should not have their healthcare covered just like every other soldier or vet? That’s still just as discriminatory.

17. Tim Davenport says:

Winners: Carson, Huckabee, Cruz, Kasich.

Losers: Trump, Paul

The others tread water…

• maggie says:

I thought Kasich was the best.

• Ninamags says:

So did I, Maggie. He seemed the most reasonable of the bunch and came across as likable.
        All the other idiots were simply trying to say something stupid for the sake of saying it. To get the most soundbites on the 10 o’clock news.

• Jana says:

That’s probably why Fox News changed their rules about the polls used to determine debate participants at the last minute and rigged it to get Kasich in and Perry out.

18. Missy says:

I wish I could of watched this, like, so bad. LOL

There’s not a SANE one among them.

“That”? Kasich couldn’t even say the word GAY?

Also, putting a wall or fence up will do nothing. People are scrappy, they’ll climb it or go under it or through it. And you could put snipers on the wall, bury the wall 10ft below ground level and punch them in the face when the come through it but you’ll still be an asshole that refuses humans the ability to better their lives

And Trump sounds like a 4yr old on the school playground. My mommy and daddy are rich, therefore I’m rich… we have better cars, we have a huge house, we can pay people to do stuff that is deplorable and this whole playground is mine, so you stop picking on me or I’ll make this country great again and trample your sorry butts. BOO HOO. WTF?

• Angela says:

You know how one of the big arguments from Republicans when it comes to the gun debate is always, “Regulations and restrictions won’t stop people from shooting each other, so it’s a waste of time to try and put in or enforce them”? Funny how that same argument and rationale doesn’t seem to apply when it comes to their belief that putting up borders and fences, as well as other restrictions and regulations, will somehow stop illegal immigrants from getting in.

19. Debbie M. says:

This country will be the world’s laughingstock should any of these idiots be elected!

20. maggie says:

Trump said: “We don’t beat Japan with their millions and millions of cars coming into this country in trade.”

Doesn’t he know that most of the Japanese brand cars sold in America are made in America by American workers?

According to the Japanese Automobile Manufactures Association, 94% of Hondas sold in the US are made in the US. 71% of Toyotas sold in the US are made in the US. 76% of Nissans sold in the US are made in the US.

These Japanese car companies are actually creating jobs in America. They all are expanding their production in the US, in order to save the cost of having to transport cars from Japan to the US, and to avoid import duties.

21. DCL30 says:

I was gonna watch this today, but it’s too early for drinking game. Also, with the amount of BS and stupidity they have said, I am afraid that I would pass out from alcohol consumption.

22. BarryFlash says:

For an entertainment website, there is a lot of far left nuts who comment on here. Obama has been the worst President of my lifetime…worse than Jimmy Carter! Hillary Clinton would be just as bad. The Republicans have a diverse group including Hispanics, African-American, Female (just 1 but that’s how many the Dems have) along with white males (and that is not a couple of bad words). I can’t wait to see the Democrat clowns line up on CNN. That should be funny! God help us if one of the Democrats wins. I get tired of people on the left calling Republicans racists, anti-gay, against women. Wrong. I am a Republican, white, male Christian. I don’t care what race you are, if you are gay, if you are gay and get married. I love women! I look at candidates ideas, their ideology, accomplishments etc. Dems seem to look at skin color or sex. Why not actually think for yourselves? Why would Hillary be a good President? What has she done specifically that would lead you to believe that? Being a woman is not an accomplishment. So saying, I am going to vote for her because she’s a woman. Ehh NO! Dems didn’t like her as a woman in 2008! If a Democrat votes for someone because of race (like Obama) or sex (like Hillary), sounds rather racist/sexist! If it’s ok, I guess I can vote for white males only. I like debate but not debate fueled by hate speech. I have found on the internet that liberals are full of hate (not all liberals but a lot). Liberals say they are tolerant but only if you agree with their views. For example, I am against abortion. I don’t want unborn children killed. What is wrong with that? Why can’t we Americans debate issues without all the venom spewing out of our mouths? I understand people on this site are on the Left and will disagree with what I have written but that’s ok.

• Angela says:

Liberals say they are tolerant but only if you agree with their views.
      I hear this a lot and people seem to constantly misunderstand what exactly it means when people say they’re “tolerant”. I can tolerate the fact that people will disagree with me politically, meaning that I won’t try and stop them from saying what they want. But tolerance does not equal liking or agreeing with what someone says, and if somebody says something that I think is ignorant or flat out wrong, I’m going to call them out on it. They can still say what they want, I’m not silencing them by calling them out. I’m just pointing out why I feel their argument doesn’t make sense to me.
      And if somebody is racist/homophobic/sexist, why should anyone, regardless of what political party they’re a part of, tolerate that to begin with?
      “Tolerate” means to accept or put up with something. I can put up with certain viewpoints while still acknowledging where I disagree with them, or where they’re just plain wrong.
      Because that’s an incredibly simplistic take on a very complex and deeply personal issue for women, perhaps? Because the way you phrase that insinuates that anyone who’s pro-choice would “want” unborn children being killed, which is far from true?

• Angela says:

Adding on that if you think simply disagreeing with these candidates automatically makes someone “far left”, your view of people’s political attitudes is horribly skewed. I disagree with these guys and yet, while I do tend to lean to the left in general, I wouldn’t exactly call myself “far left”.

• Mary says:

It is a two way street. You are entitle to your opinion, but so are others. Re-read your speech and ask yourself, did I extend the same courtesy that I am trying to preach about.

• Me says:

I think the OP did a fairly good job of explaining his frustration. When someone who is conservative posts something or says something online such as being pro-life, the left seems to attack that person. They call them nut jobs, against science, against women, but never actually counter the argument with actual facts. I’m not saying every person who is on the left does this, but enough are out there that it basically feels like they want to scream at someone with different opinions until that person just gives up trying to reason with them.

• Jana says:

We yell because we’ve already given up trying to reason with you. You can’t reason with people that reject logic, science, and facts. We rarely waste our time anymore with laying out all the facts for people that inevitably just refuse to believe them, or often even read them.

• Mary says:

With the abortion debate if your against it fine don’t have one. But you don’t have the right to make medical decisions for others. I am pro choice but outside of rape I couldn’t bring myself to have one. I of course say that as someone who hasn’t been in the position to make the choice but it is still my right to make that choice for myself. You don’t have the right to make if for me just like others don’t have the right to force you to have one. Respect others rights- that’s what women are asking.

• Angela says:

Exactly. I can understand the pro-life belief in many ways. I’d love to live in a world where abortions were few and far between, simply because it’s a very tough situation for a woman to go through and it’d be nice if she didn’t have to find herself in such a tough spot to begin with.
            But we don’t live in that world. I would take the pro-life side much more seriously if, instead of standing outside clinics calling women “baby killers”, or choosing to defund Planned Parenthood (which, as I noted elsewhere, does focus on other health-related issues for women aside from abortion), or make all these BS laws restricting when women can have abortions, or crap like that, they actually focused on tackling the issues that lead to women having abortions in the first place.
            Support comprehensive sex education in schools, since it’s been proven that abstinence-only education does not work (and PLEASE, dear god, let young boys learn a little about how the female body works in sex ed, because holy crap, the amount of male politicians that don’t seem to understand how women’s bodies work anytime this issue comes up is horrifying). Volunteer to help counsel women who might be struggling after having an abortion.
            Support anything that can help better the adoption process for people who want to put their babies up for adoption, and for people who are looking to adopt. Adopt a child yourself if you can. Teach young men that “no means no”, and teach young women that they can and should refuse any guy who does try to pressure them into sex. And so on and so forth. If ANY of the Republican candidates had offered up any of those ideas last night at the debate, I would’ve been happy to listen and hear more.
            But no. Instead it was yet another parade of men thinking they have the right to tell me what to do with my body, and what to do with such a personal choice should I ever find myself in that situation, all while harping on about how much they support the idea of “limited government”. Yeah. No. I’ve lost all my patience for that narrative, and I’m going to call it for the BS that it is. If conservatives don’t like that, then that’s their problem to deal with. They need to learn to manage their message better.

23. enock hollywood says:

Jeb or Trump will pick it. But only Jeb can wittingly scare the democrats.

24. Oshtsu says:

Wow there are still people out there blindly following Hillary??? Smg

25. Tony Lang says:

Well, at least they stopped TVline from promoting Caitlyn Jenner for 5 minutes…

26. mike says:

If Trump wins we’ll be in another war lickity split because he has no filter and will say the right thing to the wrong dictator and that will be that. If Jeb gets in, we’ll be in another war in no time because the last two bushes both got us in to wars we had no business being in, so its his legacy

27. Richad says:

Why should Trump tell his plans this early in the game? If he did then changes his views over time, then he would be racked over the coals for that. At least, Trump will not back down like the others have done in the past. The GOP needs to understand that people are upset with them for saying anything to get elected and then do nothing when they are elected.

• Angela says:

Yep. They’re no different than any other politician (on either side). All that talk about how they’ll never raise taxes and they’ll always tell the truth and they’ll always do what the people want. I was just like, “Uh-huh, yeah, guys, we’ve heard all of that, like, a zillion times before.”

28. Scott says:

I think Ben Carson did fairly well and Carly Fiorina needs to join the main debate next time

• Joey says:

I would frankly be surprised if Ben Carson didn’t drop out sometime in the next week or two because of how awful he was last night.

29. chris says:

Regarding Rubio’s $100,000 loan payoff, I have read that he has a wealthy backer who has paid his debts for him–including his home mortgages. He doesn’t talk about that though.

30. David4 says:

I’m not sure what is funnier, the fact these 17 clowns think they can be president or the fact TVline thinks Clinton is going to win the nomination.

#FeeltheBern

31. Jerri says:

At this point, why not give the candidates piles of poo that they can toss at each other? It’s the only thing missing here. I’m surprised Trump didn’t sue anyone post-debate yet.

32. June says:

Great mix of candidates and good, tough questions. I could give my vote for at least two of them now. Silly stuff in the comments above, most of which were not direct quotes, but this is a great entertainment site after all.

33. Jake says:

Yawn, just another demonstration of overly hyped people talking out of both sides of their mouths. I wouldn’t trust any of them as far as I could throw them. Donald Trump is nothing but a pompous arrogant rich a@@hole. Not sure why everyone thinks he would be a good president? The man is in constant battle with Palm Beach county, constantly being sued because he fails to pay his bills, etc and speaks before he thinks because he thinks his sh&t doesn’t stink. Scott Walker, ha don’t even get me started on that “Koch brother” puppet doucebag, no formal education and he is running for President. He has ran Wisconsin into the ground. All these men crave is power and if you are dumb enough to fall for their lies than you are no better than anyone of them.

34. Mike says:

So the schmuck Trump (Trumpet??)apparently doesn’t realize that forcing someone to come to your event doesn’t mean they like you or respect you or are even a friend of yours. It just means they want your money, like all the other sycophants who hang around him. What a lonely self-deluded ass!

35. Mike says:

So Trump’s “expert” source of proof for Mexico’s sending criminals to the U.S. consists of conversations he has had with the boarder patrol police. Well, that cinches it for me. That’s damn fine research, Trump(et). Those really are the “experts” — NOT!

36. James says:

Chris Christie’s BEST memories are of 9/11?!

• Angela says:

On the note of Christie, I’m not much of a fan of the guy, but I will say that I LOVED his comeback to the idiots making a pathetic fuss about him daring to-gasp-hug Obama, OMG THE HORROR, when Obama came to help out after Hurricane Sandy. The fact that there are actual Republican presidential candidates whining about someone from their party hugging Obama, instead of focusing on the fact that two men from different parties worked together to help rebuild the area after such a devastating storm, proves precisely why they don’t deserve to be taken even remotely seriously.

37. A fan of TV says:

The only plans Trump actually has, if elected president, are to redo the interior if the White House in gold, like his gaudy Manhattan apartment.

38. Greg says:

Was that the real Republican debate?!! I thought it was a goofy new “reality” show. Damn! sure was funny. I liked all the “arky-barky” they threw at each other. Almost as good as “Swamp People”

39. No other candidate for Office of President can offer this nation the option for new economic growth and industrial expansion. There are many issues which must be addressed and that have been disregarded or overlooked by all previous Administrations. We can not allow this to continue… I am the only one who can lead Congress towards new infrastructure investments which will lead to new competitive commerce markets and alternative forms of transportation in the U.S. as it applies to land, air, sea, and space… We need a storm of Independent voters surging the election polls in 2016.. You can start now by getting involved in a coalition network to address the issues… We need a 3rd Party Amend. to the U.S. Constitution.. You should also take this matter up with your state legislators to Amend your State Constitution as well… Help me in my fight to move this country forward in 2017…. Open the gates, give me a platform and I will be your American Pharaoh in the next election… I hope you will join me in my fight to move this country forward in 2017. Join me at the polls in 2016 and vote Independent… Time for a new team, a new voice in politics, a new leadership and a new direction for this country to take in 2017….unless you are all about supporting censorship at the polls too? Just keeping you informed concerning the world of music, entertainment and politics… Nazism & Censorship by media is still taking place in America… It is affecting the outcome of elections and it is going to affect the future of this country after the 2016 campaign year. Various artists represent country and rock music, but not all radio stations represent the U.S Constitution or citizens right to Free Speech… Nazism and Censorship in America:. Hi, everyone, I just received a message that NASH 99.1 is censoring my information and posts..NASH FM 99.1 commented on your photo.
    NASH FM 99.1
    June 1 at 5:35 pm
    Your posts are being restricted from our page. You are going about this all wrong. Thank you.
    When referring to Nazism, we have to remember that WW2 started as a result of radio manipulation and propaganda by the media. The stranglehold that American Media has on politics in this country is supported by corporate corruption including, but not limited to Ceo’s, Pac’s and the crippling two party line agenda’s which are threatening America’s future… While others who do not support those agenda’s are refused acknowledgment and access… If it were not true, I would have been recognized as a candidate for Office of President in 1995-96 when I turned 35 years of age, yet I was given no access in the State of Michigan… Pegasus Technologies Ltd. of Opelika, Alabama founder William Bowhall is running as the 3rd Party (nontraditional) Independent candidate for the#OvalOffice 2016. Platform issues were published in March of 2015 on Facebook. See details noted in (2014) timeline posts titled Notice to the Public and Public Interest to learn about issues keeping progress from getting established here in the U.S. over the past five decades ongoing. Current posts (2015) detail domestic and international policies which may or may not include current agendas set in motion by the two party system. I am seeking Equal Access, Equal Representation, and Justice based on Constitutional Rights & Civil Rights which have been repeatedly violated and denied this citizen. I offer the opportunity for investment in a new competitive & alternative transportation industry. A new commercial civilian and military infrastructure can be established based on a new form of a crossover design created in 1964. This can help to establish a new labor force with a higher competitive labor wage to offset the current monopoly control on labor by established corporations in the U.S. Several
    legislative concerns need to be addressed which no other candidate has an interest in or motivation to make such issues a focus of Congress. We need to address the current Patent / Copyright laws, and we need to implement legislation for an Amendment to the U.S. Constitution for the addition of a 3rd Party Independent to split up delegate votes and establish positive representation at the polls. Visit my Timeline and learn more about a voice silenced (5) decades ongoing. [https://youtu.be/vgMh6qydEw8 ]